306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Xud9SD and TE crankshafts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question to the Guru's!

Are Xud9SD and XUD9TE  crankshafts (Cast vs Forged) compatible?

Also, same question for Camshafts? (the TE's have a vacuum pump on the end, SD's don't) but other than that?

I'll collecting parts for my engine rebuild, its a Suzuki Vitara with the XUD9sd 1.9 DTurbo.  

Stock its 72Hp, I'm well past that point.
Hammer?
(29-04-2015, 06:57 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: [ -> ]Hammer?

No Hammers
compatible yes, the same no.
One is burnished steel, the other is plain steel.

As Welshpug says, compatible, yes, the same, no.
(01-06-2015, 09:49 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]One is burnished steel, the other is plain steel.

As Welshpug says, compatible, yes, the same, no.

Thanks, thats what I needed to Know, as I'm doing a Build, and may as well Drop in a Forged Crank, along with HDi rods.

Oh, make it a triple Question:???   I've seen somewhere else that the DW10 is also a Drop-In compatible crank, that true?

And if So, is it forged, better than the Xud9te Crank & which DW10?  theres a few,  what Engine code?
(anyone want to sell me a Crank and Rods?)   Rofl  Smile  Rofl
They're both forged - just one is burnished.

DW10TD/RHY = Plain Steel like XUD7/XUD9SD
DW10TED/RHZ = Burnished Steel like XUD9TE.

I've seen DW10TDs which use XUD7/XUD9SD Plain steel crank @ 220hp+ on the original crank, you'll run into other issues long before you get crank issues, I've never seen one fail.
I have multiple sets of hdi rods for sale if you need some.
(01-06-2015, 02:22 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]They're both forged - just one is burnished.

DW10TD/RHY = Plain Steel like XUD7/XUD9SD
DW10TED/RHZ = Burnished Steel like XUD9TE.

I've seen DW10TDs which use XUD7/XUD9SD Plain steel crank @ 220hp+ on the original crank, you'll run into other issues long before you get crank issues, I've never seen one fail.

200hp+..Plain Steel:...Agreed, but if I'm doing a bottom to top rebuild, it doesn't hurt to drop in a stronger crank, even if it's only 10% better.
(ie, I'm getting the rotating assembly balanced.. pulley, crank, flywheel, so may as well do it with the best possible parts.)

(02-06-2015, 06:16 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]I have multiple sets of hdi rods for sale if you need some.

Just after writing my post, I think I got that sorted here, but Good to know.  (You don't have Forged H-beams to sell do ya? $ Rofl $ Rofl $ Rofl $)

ps. I Blame you for my Xud9 obsession!  Start off watching your videos and doing minor tinkerings, now I can't stop! 

HELLO!! It seems like I can grab a DW10ATED/RHZ... pull its Crank & Rods attach, throw on XUD9 pistons and I'm good to go!?

Flywheel bolt pattern & pulley shaft identical!(?)

Sound about right?
Yes you certainly can do this - the bottom ends are identical near enough in the RHZ vs RHY - just a different crank, can put XUD9 pistons on and it all fits fine.

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/repair-206...bbm2k3.htm

Very good document for knowing what you can and can't use out of DW10 Motors.
Question, I have a Xud9te (DHX), That would have a forged crank right?
As above, all forged.
Just one is burnished, you should have the right one. XUD9TE is all you need to worry about, DHY/X has nowt to do with it.