wishbones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wishbones
Hi all , I need to replace my wishbones and ball joints motoquip, lemforder, meyle or do I need to spend more and get Peugeot. Any thoughts . many thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
Lemforder will be good enough I'm sure Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: ripp444
how much power are you running / are you running silly low on the front?

Meyle Hd should be more than enough for a decent set of lower arms, guaranteed for 4 years too - I'm saying this despite ruining the p-bushes, but I am running a lot of torque through the front.

I'd avoid anything from ebay, and even from some motorfactors like ecp, gsf, carparts4less ..etc

I've had not so cheap pattern parts from big motorfactors fail - pbush pin snapping off for example was not great news.

If you're running lower than say 30/40mm you prob want to adjust the p-bush angle anyway as there will more strain on them in their standard orientation.
(22-04-2015, 09:11 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: how much power are you running / are you running silly low on the front?

Meyle Hd should be more than enough for a decent set of lower arms, guaranteed for 4 years too - I'm saying this despite ruining the p-bushes, but I am running a lot of torque through the front.

I'd avoid anything from ebay, and even from some motorfactors like ecp, gsf, carparts4less ..etc

I've had not so cheap pattern parts from big motorfactors fail - pbush pin snapping off for example was not great news.

If you're running lower than say 30/40mm you prob want to adjust the p-bush angle anyway as there will more strain on them in their standard orientation.

No just standard height and power. Gti6
Thanks given by:
Anybody know where to get meyle , and am I right in thinking they come with the ball joints.
Thanks given by:
ebay via mick's garage i think are the cheapest - but they're based in ireland, which as i'm finding out making a claim on warranty is a bit of an ordeal

theres prob a decent uk based supplier too
Thanks given by:
Lemforder stuff is pretty damn good for oem.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

I bought some eBay shit that came with all the bushes for £30...they snapped on the arm and collapsed the o/s, missus was lucky as it snapped when she pulled up on a driveway! Lemforder for the win! Buy cheap, buy again I say Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
http://www.expresscarparts.co.uk

This is where i got my Meyle HD bones from. May be worth phoning them and having a word as i think i paid less than they are on the website for.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wishbones procta 18 3,416 05-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Wishbones ripp444 0 846 05-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: ripp444
  Wishbones. Dean 23 7,456 01-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob