Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track
Right I've been speaking to Frank from Advanti Motorsport in Street / Somerset ...
He's a gearbox Guru & used to design & assemble 5 speed & 6speed boxes for Peougeot Rallye team in Coventry in the day ..
Anyway he did some designs & R&D for Bacci in Italy & knows Plate Diffs & Sequential gearboxes inside out ..also made a plate diff without planet gears because that was a big week spot so say ...

I asked him about gearboxes for Super big power cars like Ollies & Ross sadly he said anything over 350 they were always having failures on LSDs & Gearsets ..one of the reasons he gave was lack of oil & said even without the syncros & bearings the torque killed them also ...
Frank said they tried every trick in the book & one they helped massively was to vent the box as I've just done in the picture below his idea not mine & put an extra 500ml in the box ....2.5 litres he said of high quality gearbox oil ..

He said the boxes were transformed with the high power cars ...he used to go to Coventry twice a week back in the day ...

Anyway I thought I've got a expensive Syncro box with Bacci crownwheel & pinion so why not give it a try seeing as my box does get hammered ...
What have I got to lose ?.....he said it must be vented like this don't use the standard vent .

Told to try this

Needs large hole to breath

ITG clamps great

Took seconds to fit but don't forget to use Doughty washer ....

I hope you super high boost Boys try this ?????

Franks no at Advanti is
01458 446517 amazing bloke that just knows boxes ...especially Lancia / fiat / Peougot boxes from 40yrs to today ...

Got all the bits from Merlin Motorsport visited the shop so sadly can't remember part nos but I'll get them ...
Cost £34 all in which considering its brass etc plus ITG not too bad ....Thumbs up

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track - by Day666 - 22-03-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track - by Day666 - 09-04-2016, 06:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blaze GTi6 Track 'MR X' Bertman 13 7,651 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bertman
  Budget GTI-6 Track Build paulgtt 16 5,614 17-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,718 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM