Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic heavy 2yr Build Gti6 road & track
Got some more bits to fit
Big thanks to Stew @ Baker BM for knowing his stuff

Zirco flex for my Stainless exhaust shield to keep temps to a minimum & I'll put some on the base & side of my Expansion tank to keep any nasty Exhaust heat at bay

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
This car!

Every update amazes me, so much going on and great progress.

Love the strut brace, really nice job you've done on that. the alternator setup too, very nice - such a simple setup and shedding all that weight too.
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2016, 01:55 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: This car!

Love the strut brace, really nice job you've done on that. the alternator setup too, very nice - such a simple setup and shedding all that weight too.

I've stolen lots of people's & car ideas & had a few Mods I've thought of myself but made sure they are not too way out because reliability is important as I have to drive the car to venues ...

Jenvey / Welshpug / Miles / Sandy Brown / Edwards motorsport / MEF -Martin Fox / Russain Guy / Satchel Engineering - tigger Dave / DTA /Black Art Design / Plus many more have all helped me out with advice & Ideas ....plus my close m8 Martin who I drive round the bend daily  Rofl

Covered Ryan / Pug-306s Stainless exhaust heat shield in Zirco flex 111....

Heres the details of it ....

http://www.zircotecwebstore.com/ZircoFle...B009DC0GDM

Looks like tinfoil in the picture but believe me it's the nuts stuff Inlove

Thanks given by:
Had 29year old 205 Hose elbow bead blasted & Nickel Plated & also did Baker BM Thermostat housing done ...

This allows me to direct connect 32mm 205 Rad to now 32mm thermostat 205 housing ....no reducer needed & that Bacolite black plastic 40mm housing is now history .....thank god

Thanks given by:
(28-04-2016, 04:26 PM)Day666 Wrote:
(28-04-2016, 01:55 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: This car!

I've stolen lots of people's & car ideas & had a few Mods I've thought of myself but made sure they are not too way out because reliability is important as I have to drive the car to venues ...

Jenvey / Welshpug / Miles / Sandy Brown / Edwards motorsport / MEF -Martin Fox / Russain Guy / Satchel Engineering - tigger Dave / DTA /Black Art Design / Plus many more have all helped me out with advice & Ideas ....plus my close m8 Martin who I drive round the bend daily  Rofl

Covered Ryan / Pug-306s Stainless exhaust heat shield in Zirco flex 111....

Heres the details of it ....

http://www.zircotecwebstore.com/ZircoFle...B009DC0GDM

Looks like tinfoil in the picture but believe me it's the nuts stuff Inlove

Is that the standard heat shield or aftermarket? I like alot
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
It's a stainless steel copy off the guy called Ryan / pug_306 on 6 forum but he's also on Fleabay I believe ...£40 delivered ...

I've covered it myself in Zircoflex about £50 worth believe it or not ...silly expensive stuff ...got mine from Merlin Motorsport @ Castle Combe

PS ....a A4 sheet of the stuffs not big enough next size up
Thanks given by:
Daaaang

/thread
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hopefully picking up my full Fibreglass dash tonight Rofl
Thanks given by:
I think it's a good job I changed it today for Ryan / Pug_306 Stainless one . Itwasntme

God knows what could of happened ?

Thanks given by:
Always enjoy reading your build process! Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2016, 10:12 AM)mackat Wrote: Always enjoy reading your build process! Smile

Well thank you for those kind words  Inlove

Baker BM lower fork bush fitted ..already have Vibratechnics hard solid rubber on other end

Welshpug Mei said to drill x3 -3mm hole in the Thermostate to aid bleeding & said its a Peogeot sport trick ...who am I to argue with Mei ..

Baker BM housing fitted picture is upside down sadly

205 Nickle plated hose housing fitted

I don't run a heater so Old top Thermostat matrix pipe blanked off with a 19mm Samco stop end & Clip

Expansion tank fitted & Samco pipes sorted and lower expansion tank goes in to old Matrix pipe behind the engine & that goes to lower Rad hose for filling up also = 19mm

32mm new 205 housing now goes with Baker BM 32mm hose to 205 Nissens rad ....gti6 top hose was 40mm both ends ..
Had to lengthen the 205 Baker BM top hose with 32mm samco straight blue hose

Radiator is connected at the top each side via flat stainless steel plate to two rubber bobbins

You can just see Rubber bobbins in the distance

Just Anti freeze mix & Electric fan & Relay to fit that's controlled via my DTA 40s ..then Bumper on & start finishing off inside the car / dash wiring 3/4 done ready for my full width Fibreglass dash coming later than hoped Tuesday now

Really pleased with baker BM housing  Rofl

Really pleased with baker BM housing sorry pictures upside down   Rofl

Thanks given by:
Getting there !

Got some alloy bent to fit on sides to stop air going past radiator

Did Drivers side ...just passenger side to do now

Used this mixed with red G30

It good for showing up leaks Rofl

205 hose plus extender 32mm blue Samco hose & joiner

Thanks given by:
Damn all that looks good.
I just picked up some galvanised sheet yesterday funny enough to go round the radiator to try and improve air flow

I'm also going to try and mount my fmic/rad/oil cooler much closer together...read some reliable info that shows how the air stalls badly in the gaps inbetween
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 06:44 AM)Piggy Wrote: Damn all that looks good.
I just picked up some galvanised sheet yesterday funny enough to go round the radiator to try and improve air flow

I'm also going to try and mount my fmic/rad/oil cooler much closer together...read some reliable info that shows how the air stalls badly in the gaps inbetween

agree with the above

prob being a bit clueless, but have you actually tacked the ali sheet into place there?
Thanks given by:

My Oil cooler is the first thing touching on my lower Bumper with free flow Mesh wore in front apart from dry two 1nch thick 3inch high silicon to give it shock mount ....then the gap with winged 25 degree alloy sides directing it into the rad ...that will stop vortex effect your texting about   Smile

Try to set my Fan via my DTA last night but dash readings are 10 degrees lower than DTA software reading ...so I've borrowed one of these below to see which is correct & then I'm 100% sure it's safe to set the fan correct temp to come on & off .....these are not 100% I'm aware

Thanks given by:
Well I've got it & its 1.3kgs in weight & stiff as hell with a little fibreglass natural flex :lol
It looks much better than the picture shows ...PS it was washed of because of dust in his workshop not had time to wipe it over yet
The black dash is the top pic & green is the mould I now have & own ...it wasn't cheap to get made & was crazy money really ...but hay ho ....

Also I got lots of extras fitted it has stop ends so you can't see behind on the ends & all sides & bottom curve under so yet again you can't see behind because Lower Glove box not copied ....also keep heater vents out & windscreen vents as if you want them you can fit them ...plus centre mid & upper glove box keep solid again if you don't want it remove it with a Dremel drill
Also it fits inside of door bars and the return stop ends make it look professional ...just got to tidy up edges & trial fit again

Picture of just the top ...just got to tidy up & trim & get Flocked

Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 12:34 PM)Day666 Wrote: Picture of just the top ...just got to tidy up & trim & get Flocked

Holy crap, casual as you like throwing pics up of that dash - sure its gonna be mint once its flocked and installed.
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 09:25 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:

agree with the above

prob being a bit clueless, but have you actually tacked the ali sheet into place there?

No it's all on 1inch silicon bead so lots of movement & no vibration ...

Everything has stop ends & returns

Other side & he's made all the returns up & stop ends from scratch ....Yes it's got to be tidied up & then All the hole cut out for my dials etc then off to 3gan on 6forum for dark dark flocking

Thanks given by:
Thats amazing. If you have the molds can you now sell them to us? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(05-05-2016, 03:04 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Thats amazing. If you have the molds can you now sell them to us? Big Grin

Sadly I don't have the time ...doing two jobs to sort & I really could do with getting some cash back in ASAP ...as I'm ashamed to say how much the mould & dash was ...stupid money ...they spent 7whole days just making the mould alone ....

I put the Mould up for sale on 6forum & had a chap in 3mins say he will have it ....I'm not asking anywhere near what I paid for it ....but I need to recoup some cash back ASAP ....sadly this chap wants it for making a carbon fibre dash so he won't be making use of it other than for himself ...

Look I may keep hold of it for a month or two ....see what can be made & for what money ?.....if people paid who ever they find to make it & I make £50 per dash royalty sort of then maybe just may be something may happen ?
I really can't see any other nutters ever getting one like this made  Rofl

Remember this is a full race dash, it has no supports and is meant to bracket off the roll cage bar that goes behind the dash with a full roll cage. It doesn't bolt into the dash and under the bonnet like standard. So if anybody did want one they would have to do some modifying.
Thanks given by:
Didn't have much time Sat/Sunday as I worked both days toget some much needed money in ....finished off the other alloy angled passenger air scoop

Thanks given by:
dont like reading your thread any more!
there is always so much WIN it makes me jealous

looking great m8 keep at it Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(09-05-2016, 07:35 AM)cully Wrote: dont like reading your thread any more!

Thank you Sir  Inlove
Are you Ging to be at FCS Cully ?

I'm trying to get the car ready for Jap Fest at Combe but it's doubtful now ...?

Temp fitted the new fibreglass dash & it fitted amazing thank god  Rofl

How he's made it ...you don't notice all the vents are missing ...

Best of all after trimming I weighed the dash on its end with Digital scaled & it was 0.863kgs LESS than a KG .....
They told me 1.2 kgs but when I rang them they said they guessed ...I'm really pleased & I can fix it with two clamps via my behind dash roll cage cross brace ...

Thanks given by:
(09-05-2016, 09:30 AM)Day666 Wrote:

Thank you Sir  Inlove

you bugger you've done it again!

and yes too FCS
i will be there on the Saturday only Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Let me just remind you...

'Yeah want to keep the back seats in, where it is now is as far as I'll go...'

Hmmm.

Epic though!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(09-05-2016, 10:48 AM)Ruan Wrote: Let me just remind you...

'Yeah want to keep the back seats in, where it is now is as far as I'll go...'

Hmmm.

Epic though!!!

Your so right Ruan !!!!!
I was talking Crap yet agin TMI

I'm keeping the standard centre clocks behind the steering wheel though ?....not spending £500-£1k on Digital as I need to save 2yrs for my 2.2 SB engine ....
Plus clocks won't make it go faster Rofl

Out with the Dremel tonight on the Finteglass dash ....
Got a £5 special 51mm not 52mm hole saw Abour off Amazon

(09-05-2016, 10:42 AM)cully Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 09:30 AM)Day666 Wrote:

Thank you Sir  Inlove

you bugger you've done it again!

and yes too FCS
i will be there on the Saturday only Wink

I'm only there Sat myself ....lol forward to seeing you & your beautiful car ... Inlove

Thanks given by:
Bought a ITG filter & im cutting the end off & cutting it open to lay flat in my TRS carbon roof vent ...it stops dust & reduces Rain ...

This idea came from Twangy / Wayne on here ...clever sod  Rofl

Here's one I prepared earlier ...

Filter layed out inside TRS & it doesn't need to go to the back as it seal 1/2 way down as the back by right hand side with visible mess slopes down to seal

Had a couple of leaks ...one from power steering sensor plug that's no longer used & has been hit at some stage ...blue plug in picture below ....leaks around by blue plastic where it's crimped ...it's m12x1.25 abit of a odd one ...bolt I need to cut down & fit Copper washer to is on left of blue plug in picture

Then another leak found by mistake old Oil pressure sensor above Starter motor no longer used so a M16x1.5 bolt cut down & cooper compression washer used to seal

M16x1.5 bolt fitted

Power steering bolt M12x1.25 fitted....

X3 Exhaust Clamps that bolt to my roll cage behind the dash & keep the fibreglass dash in place ...

Alloy angled plate bent & bonded with a new Polymor 24hr cure adhesive that's vibration / semi flexible / waterproof & 100 degrees heat resistant ....used x3 plates one at each end & one in the middle ...it you look closely you cau see the two holes in each plate that exhaust clamps bolt onto

Nice big box arrived full of stickers & Brochures & Pipercross air filter cleaner & re oiler for FCS trade stand ...

My car may be on a trade now ..Will DeClaudio knows Mark Dow ....who runs FCS & because he will have his new white RACE 106 ready for the first display at FCS he has been given Will a great trade stand price..... A stand area in the trade area to display for 3 cars ...and he's taking two cars himself only ...because Sandy / Jenvey / DTA / Colin Sachell / Mike Edwards have all worked or helped out on my car & they help Will ...he asked if I'd like to put my old girl on there & Sandy Browns hopefully trying to make it ...plus Jenveys sales manager Nigel is going to try & make it but he only comes off of his hols the day before so he has sent some stickers & brochures down to give away ...just in case he doesn't make it ....

Wills hopefully taking his new 106 RACE car on track also ...his old one which was Green is a legend at Castle Combe ...look him & his car up on YOUTUBE ...

Look my cars no show car ....but I'm sure not going to turn down a free day Rofl

Thanks given by:
Stack pro gauges fitted ...drilled x3 holes = two being used & 1 spare for Wideband gauge when I get the money

End stops

End stops

[quote='Day666' pid='588180' dateline='1463224431']
Stack pro gauges fitted ...drilled x3 holes = two being used & 1 spare for Wideband gauge when I get the money

End stops

Thanks given by:
Here we go yet again .....went to look at a car 4 miles away from me for someone else & ended up gazumping him & buying it myself to strip & sell off all the bits apart from a Sandy Brown full £13k race engine that's only been Bench dynod at 280bhp at the flywheel & 196 torque

It's got Colin Satchel cage & F&R Satchel Suspension

I'm putting just the engine into mine ...using my 6 speed box as this engine revs to 9000rpm...
It's got Jenvey 48s on & a Accusump ...selling most of the car & loads off mine ....a lot of stuff is gone below
Plate diff
Wilwoods
4.4 5speed box
Loads

Thanks given by:
(18-05-2016, 05:33 PM)Day666 Wrote: Here we go yet again .....went to look at a car 4 miles away from me for someone else & ended up gazumping him & buying it myself to strip & sell off all the bits apart from a Sandy Brown full £13k race engine that's only been Bench dynod at 280bhp at the flywheel & 196 torque

It's got Colin Satchel cage & F&R Satchel Suspension

I'm putting just the engine into mine ...using my 6 speed box as this engine revs to 9000rpm...
It's got Jenvey 48s on & a Accusump ...selling most of the car & loads off mine ....a lot of stuff is gone below
Plate diff
Wilwoods
4.4 5speed box
Loads

oh my goodness, sell me all the bits :p

lovely purchase there if only for the engine, bet you're well chuffed!

so, to my thinking, you can have that changed over into yours in a day or two?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blaze GTi6 Track 'MR X' Bertman 13 7,550 05-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Bertman
  Budget GTI-6 Track Build paulgtt 16 5,540 17-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,638 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese