Weird intermittent fault with front wipers on 306 Dturbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird intermittent fault with front wipers on 306 Dturbo
Hey folks, So i've recently been having a couple of issue's with my front wipers, i have the automatic wipers. sometimes they work fine on all settings then other times on auto and single swipe they judder going up the windscreen and back down and all i can hear is the relay clicking like crazy any idea's as to what it could be.

I changed the wiper motor in 2013 if that helps at all. I have also checked the two relays in the fuse box under the dash and both seem to be working fine. 

My car is a 1999 1.9 Dturbo 
The Peugeot 306 is very much like forrest gumps box of chocolates, You never know what's going to f*ck up next.lmao
Thanks given by:
It's the motor at fault. You can disassemble and clean it but tbh its easier and quicker to change it for a known good one for a tenner.
Thanks given by:
I was afraid someone would say that, when i bought the car the wipers used to stop wherever they felt like so i replaced the motor and problem was solved. oh well looks like gsf will be getting more money out of me lol.
The Peugeot 306 is very much like forrest gumps box of chocolates, You never know what's going to f*ck up next.lmao
Thanks given by:
Its not the motor part, its the pins/cogs that wear out. Just buy a good use motor with linkages etc for a tenner. I've swapped loads and never had a problem with a replacement one.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent wipers not working. Jtrigga 10 2,096 03-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Jtrigga
  wipers stopped working - front and rear shelhug 4 2,143 21-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Last Post: shelhug
  Which relay is for the front wipers? Richbennett83 2 1,495 06-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Jukie88