306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Weird intermittent fault with front wipers on 306 Dturbo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks, So i've recently been having a couple of issue's with my front wipers, i have the automatic wipers. sometimes they work fine on all settings then other times on auto and single swipe they judder going up the windscreen and back down and all i can hear is the relay clicking like crazy any idea's as to what it could be.

I changed the wiper motor in 2013 if that helps at all. I have also checked the two relays in the fuse box under the dash and both seem to be working fine. 

My car is a 1999 1.9 Dturbo 
It's the motor at fault. You can disassemble and clean it but tbh its easier and quicker to change it for a known good one for a tenner.
I was afraid someone would say that, when i bought the car the wipers used to stop wherever they felt like so i replaced the motor and problem was solved. oh well looks like gsf will be getting more money out of me lol.
Its not the motor part, its the pins/cogs that wear out. Just buy a good use motor with linkages etc for a tenner. I've swapped loads and never had a problem with a replacement one.