wipers stopped working - front and rear

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wipers stopped working - front and rear
My front wipers stopped working while on today. Rear wiper and washer also not working. Leads me to suspect not the motor. The front and rear wipers are on different fuses so I don't think it's that. However, the no 26 fuse for font wiper was blown, and blew 2 others when I replaced it.

Anyone got any hints of things to try?
Thanks given by:
Took it to the garage - the motor was faulty, did work but on its way out so was blowing fuses. Have got a new motor just waiting for a weekend to fit it!
Thanks given by:
was that the front wiper motor?
Thanks given by:
Ive had a similar problem with the fronts packing up after having blown two fuses... and they stop randomly when on automatic.. do you think this could be the motor? atm ive just put a bigger fuse in as with the weather as it is I need my wipers!
Thanks given by:
(21-04-2013, 12:59 PM)W1ll Wrote: Ive had a similar problem with the fronts packing up after having blown two fuses... and they stop randomly when on automatic.. do you think this could be the motor? atm ive just put a bigger fuse in as with the weather as it is I need my wipers!

Good chance it's the motor. The mechanic jigged the wiring so that the first position is constant wipe instead of intermittent and I have to manually 'park' in the correct position but at least it's working. There are other posts that mention bushes and such for this problem, which I didn't initially think was my problem as everything had stopped working.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Key fob stopped working. russ.gibbo76 8 1,551 23-01-2016, 02:15 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Weird intermittent fault with front wipers on 306 Dturbo Gaz85 3 1,297 24-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Rear wiper and heated screen not working Willo 7 2,054 07-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Last Post: pug306driver