Boost Gauge Digital v Analogue

Poll: Digital V Analogue Boost Gauges
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Digital
0%
0 0%
Analogue
100.00%
15 100.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost Gauge Digital v Analogue
Opinions and reasons why? Smile
Thanks given by:
Analogue hella cheaper than digital.

Due to pulsing on a diesel analogues can often offer better damping than a cheaper digital which might be all over the place.

Personal preference is for analogue as it's an at a glance where the needle is, you don't have the read the value, you just see where it's pointing.
Thanks given by:
Okay buddy here is the deal...

Analogue - Cheaper, Good reaction time, can turn back light on and off.
Digital - Expensive, Slow reaction time, have to read, always going to be illuminated.

With a hdi you can put a filter in the pipe and stop the pulsing that nominous mentioned. IMO a needle bouncing around looks far cooler than any digital gauge.
Thanks given by:
Another vote for analogue, easier to see at a quick glance...
Thanks given by:
If you have £££ digital.
If you are tight analogue.

Cheap digital ones massively miss read in my experience and can't be adjusted whereas cheap analogue ones have a spring that can be bent to adjust an checked against a known good one.
Thanks given by:
my digital was the same price as a cheap analogue gauge
there's no reason why you cant damp a digital as it still uses a pipe to a sensor

all gauges are not accurate unless calibrated and a calibrated gauge will cost a fortune

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Analogue is quicker to read isnt it? Id go for one of those, Can get a prosport one for the 40quid mark they're nice...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2015, 06:06 PM)cully Wrote: all gauges are not accurate unless calibrated and a calibrated gauge will cost a fortune

Yeah but chap analogue ones tend to be within 1psi, last cheap digital one I had was reading 21psi at 17psi so was almost 20% out
Thanks given by:
The one on my passat which is a reasonable analogue has a damper from a Greddy boost controller plus a fuel filter, a 1mm orifice and still frikkin bounces
Thanks given by:
Seems a little one sided lol, anyone have one for sale?
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2015, 07:14 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Seems a little one sided lol, anyone have one for sale?

Analogue every time!! How can you look at a gauge and it say a number and you have to convert that to whether it's safe or not...

Analogue you look at the needle position and it says instantly whether shit is going wrong.. A number is just a number, a gauge position is a physical thing you can see... Why do you think all car manufacturers still provide needle gauges even if on a screen...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
What about the stepper analogue ones? digital dial with needle and scale
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advise on a digital camera Frosty 8 1,489 24-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Drill bit/tap size for 3/8" bspt boost gauge tapping Paul_13 13 2,334 10-04-2015, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  EOS digital cameras question for photo guru's 400D Dave 8 1,975 27-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Last Post: welshpug