Advise on a digital camera

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advise on a digital camera
As the title states im thinking about getting a decent digital camera, be a good time to get one with the show season coming up. Basically i know F all about whats good and whats not so after a bit of help. I will be wanting to use it for things like car shows and taking some pics at sport like football and cricket. 

For the sports i guess i will be wanting 1 with a decent zoom on it and to still have very good quality. Anyone able to suggest what i should think about buying. I would happily spend around the £100 mark, poss a bit more if needed

A quick ebay search brings something like this up
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nikon-Coolpix-...5416d98b19

Any help much appreciated   
Thanks given by:
I picked a Nikon J1 up from ebay for £120 odd, used but mint condition & it's awesome. Takes much better photos than my old Cannon 400D SLR!
Thanks given by:
I have a fujitsu one iirc.
Takes awesome pictures and I wanted it for pretty much the same reason as you.
I paid £130 from argos for it about 2 years ago.
When I'm at home later I'll get it out and see what it is.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
canon 30D, can get one with a couple of lenses, you'll want 70-300 or simialr for decent zoom, for less than £100. Great little camera.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What am i looking for to have decent quality on zoom? Is it the optical zoom number?
Thanks given by:
the lense fella

get a decent dslr body and you can buy as big of a zoom lense as your wallet will allow!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have to say that my 500D was a great camera but its outdated really quickly. One of the first DSLRs to be able to do video. The video isnt as good as the GoPro though!
Thanks given by:
I went for the nikon camera in the end that i put link in first post. Took it to cricket yesterday and got some decent pics with it. Pretty impressed with it for the money
Thanks given by:
They are Lots of digital compacts out at the moment which will put alot of older dslr's to shame and are very easy to use.

I usual read the which reviews and few others before I buy.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tig welder advise Stef205 2 2,128 27-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile
  Dash camera... £15 ?! Piggy 21 3,205 25-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Boost Gauge Digital v Analogue rocker8742 11 2,690 01-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Last Post: toseland