Wheel Cleaner?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel Cleaner?
Evening,

So I've run out of wheel cleaner and need to buy some more...

However I always buy cheap shit that doesnt work overly well and keep seeing vids recently popping up on my FB feed for various wheel cleaners where they get properly disgusting wheels, just spray them on and jetwash off, dont even have to adgitate it! Purple rain and Devils blood are the ones I remeber seeing.

Question is, do these actually work or are the ads just like the Daz and Vanish ads on TV lol?

And if they do work, which is best value for money? I hate cleaning the multipsokes and have tried various sponges and wheel brushes without much success, only thing that works is the mitt but I cant get it in the thin end and miss half the wheel lol. So something I can just spray on and jet off would be best!

PS, I dont want to join detaiing world and get told how I'm doing cleaning wrong and should be using million pound products lol.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Valet Pro Dragon's Breath. Smells f*cking horrid, works a charm.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
I use neat TFR solution and a paint brush then wash off with a hose

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Tom, find a morrisons petrol station & buy Wonder Wheels Hot wheels for £4 odd.

Other than that you can get 5lts Autosmart Smart Wheels for £18 odd
Thanks given by:
Im in with the wonder wheels. Works brilliantly on my multi spokes and safe on chrome.
spray on, agitate if ypu can and wash off. Ting!!!
Thanks given by:
Tried Hot wheels before, doesnt work well without agitation...the thing I'm trying to avoid. I don't mind spending a bit more for one I can literally spray on, leave and jet off. Smile
Thanks given by:
heavy duty jet washer, & industrial car wash/cleaner (Traffic Film Remover)
jet well 1st, spray on TFR (mine mixes thro' the jet washer) leave a few min, jet off
mine looks similar to this -
[attachment=25373]
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
You just need to clean your wheels well once, protect them/wheel wax them & then you'll just need to pressure wash them. Protecting them is key.
Thanks given by:
They're protected with Poorboys Wheel sealant - it's a complete arse to use on multipokes. Done it probably 3 times over the last year. Still doesnt just 'blast' off though, does wipe off easy but as I say I can't get into the thin end and miss half the wheel anyway lol.
Thanks given by:
We use the auto smart smart wheels at work. Works really well. Get brake dust that has been on for years off pretty well
Thanks given by:
If wheels are really mucky I use auto smart g101 really strong shit and bottle last for months only use 10% to water.
Thanks given by:
any fall out cleaner is far far superior to any wheel cleaner. I personally use merlins bloody awesome stuff and is ph neutral so wont harm the wheels.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Armour all wheel cleaner is pretty good to me. Im not an expert but it cleaned up my multispokes wonderfully and was all werid and purple lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Con Cleaner Toms306 28 4,568 06-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Wheel cleaner... Tom 10 1,869 09-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Last Post: C2K
  306 Cab Roof Cleaner smartgun 3 1,204 09-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Poodle