Computer People - Is this a virus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer People - Is this a virus?
Not quite though...

The internet runs on Linux essentially, the vast, vast majority of web services will be running ontop of Linux servers which make them a SIGNIFICANTLY greater target than old granny on her Windows PC...

The main reason is as said above, the other reason is because Windows is a pretty badly cobbled together piece of software...

Linux on the other hand is solid throughout, very well structured - it's almost too well structured - things are kept up to date with the most effective, secure methods...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Right...

Windows is common, people know how to use it and it has as great selection of programs. It runs all my games for a start! Its a target for viruses as its most common place. Youre not going to waste your time making malicious code for the minority...

Mac stuff I really dont ahve any idea about. To me its just essentially overpriced fashionable shit with a few key productive programs for film and music making. Based on unix anyway isnt it?

Linux, its free and probably way more secure. I havent looked into it to the level that ruan has... but unfortunately it doesn't have quite the range of applications compared to windows and it doesnt play my games...

That is literally my entire opinion on the matter. I cant see how anyone would view it differently unless you were an apple faggot. If I didnt use my PC as a games console then id have ubuntu installed.
Thanks given by:
The people who say 'Macs can't get viruses' do make me laugh. It does happen though, we'd get quite a few people a week calling us with various different malware, usually browser highjacks, so not the worst.

The large majority of 'virus issues' are user error, where they've been on a dodgy site and clicked a link, downloaded some shite and then accepted to install it then cry 'help I've got a virus'.

I'm with Ruan, haven't ran any A/V for years now and don't plan on it any time soon, just gotta be smart about what you click on and where you look at.

I'm not obstructive when it comes to using Linux variants (have to for work) but just through habit and knowing the OS better I still use windows at home. But I still hate Microsoft lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.dailytech.com/Apples+OS+X+is+...e21097.htm
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Soo...I'm still getting this bloody pop up. Scanned with AVG yesterday and collected a Trojan horse, some malware and something else. But obviously this slipping past the AVG scanner. What do I about it?
Thanks given by:
Download malwarebytes, run a scan and then wait for it get it, quarantine it and restart PC
Thanks given by:
Already have it but will run a scan now.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, scan complete (well probably did hours ago, forgot to check lol) anyway, says no malicious threats were detected! Sad
Thanks given by:
If MBAM didn't detect it, it's either pretty advanced (might need something like hitman pro or one of the other ones I can't remember the name of), or it's not actually a virus. Screenshot it?
Thanks given by:
I assume you've tried it in Safe Mode...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2015, 05:33 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: If MBAM didn't detect it, it's either pretty advanced (might need something like hitman pro or one of the other ones I can't remember the name of), or it's not actually a virus. Screenshot it?

Hmm, I'll screenshot next time it pops up, its not every time.

(21-01-2015, 05:38 PM)Ruan Wrote: I assume you've tried it in Safe Mode...

Yeah of course...

Tbh I don't even know how to access safe mode on the laptop lol, what would be the difference with doing it from there?
Thanks given by:
F8 for safe mode.

Download Avast anti virus and do a boot time scan, sorted.

In safe mode go to C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Temp
Then manually delete amisetup2415_8584.exe
Thanks given by:
Its not F8 any more, Win8 boots too quickly apparently, a quick google shows how to do it though.

But I cant find amisetup at all, tried manually searching and letting it do its own file search thing and nothing! Confused
Thanks given by:
I'm sure I press F8 on 8.1 Confused
Download avast and get rid of avg.
Start a boot time scan with avast and you'll be fine.
Thanks given by:
Use rkill (or the alternative on the same page known as iexplore) to kill anything malicious before running the scan.
Thanks given by:
No Software, no viruses.

Get software, suddenly informed have lots of viruses

COINCIDENCE [Image: lolwut.gif]

I THINK NOT
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[attachment=21257]

So its back again....  Just doesn't seem genuine to me? 
Thanks given by:
No, doesn't look genuine to me either, unless you have a copy of "Internet Browser" on your machine? Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I like the way its so polite and says 'please' as well... lol
Thanks given by:
It seems a common problem
http://www.fixyourbrowser.com/removal-in...val-guide/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/downloads/332...aner-4100/
Thanks given by:
Try my suggestion...
Thanks given by:
Get rid of avg. Use mse or avast.
Thanks given by:
Only a month late.... lol

Oddly, this seems to have fixed itself! Haven't seen it for a few weeks! Though I've probably just jinxed it and it'll pop up now haha.
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2015, 09:32 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Only a month late.... [emoji38]

Oddly, this seems to have fixed itself! Haven't seen it for a few weeks! Though I've probably just jinxed it and it'll pop up now haha.
The advice still stands Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer gurus - crashing PC ginge191 8 1,877 24-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Computer help needed - Bios Daniel306 8 1,530 15-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: JamesPT
  Computer/ELM327 Issues... Toms306 7 1,666 25-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Toms306