Rear Cage/Half Cage...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Cage/Half Cage...
Got enough tube left over from last weeks rollcage install to do a rear half cage sometime in the next two weeks.
It would be a weld in, includes fitting as part of the price, as well as welding to the roof and bodyshell to stiffen the chassis, would take approximately 1-2 days to do depending on how well stripped the car arrives.

That would give you the main hoop just behind the B-pillars, two rear stays mounting to the rear beam points, and a diagonal between the two. All in certified CDS tube that exceeds MSA specs ( ROPTS620, you can have a copy of the mill certificate if you wish).
I can do pickup/delivery for local area at £1 per mile if car needs to be trailered.

£375 fitted.

Number of tubes/location, etc, are negotiable if you're not too fussed about it being to MSA specs or want to save a few quid/spend a bit more for extra tubes.

Pic of the last cage so you can see how tight the hoop fits to stiffen chassis up, etc:
[Image: DSC00118.jpg]
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Thats a damn good price to be fair.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Thats a damn good price to be fair.

& the other one looks awesome!
My insurers would have a field day if I stripped and caged my dt! Sad
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Looks like epic handy work! Sounds pretty cheap too?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Well come up here and get it fitted then Big Grin
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Car isnt on the road yet Sad
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Well stop adding extra bits then, it'll never be as fast as my 1.4 anyway Wink
Thanks given by:
shame its a weld in
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There all heaps of french scrap anyway, so who cares if its scrapped with some extra steel in it....not worth anything really in any case.... someone jump on this?!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
padge Wrote:shame its a weld in

I'll give you the main hoops, some straight bar and a couple of Pritt-Stick's instead if you like?
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:
padge Wrote:shame its a weld in

I'll give you the main hoops, some straight bar and a couple of Pritt-Stick's instead if you like?

Just make one from bog roll tubes and some sticky back plastic lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Don't tell Padge that!

...we'll end up having to cut him out of a roll of sticky back plastic when it goes tits up.
Thanks given by:
You could probably sell it to a saxo owner, probably would still stiffen the chassis lol
Thanks given by:
lmao This is true Phillip, and Scott, is that not what most of them have anyway?
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
if you could make it a bolt in i would be massivley tempted!
Thanks given by:
But you still have to weld mounting points into the chassis? I'm sure Phil could knock something up fairly easily for that purpose, mind.
Thanks given by:
Why would you want to bolt it in tho? just do it proper first as last....grinding it out takes just the same time as unbolting it anyway...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Making the bolted joints is more hassle than just welding the fecker in, especially as it still needs the mountings welding in anyway.

Can always cut it out with a slitting disc if you sell it on Wink
Thanks given by:
just make a mess though tbh.
Thanks given by:
lol and welding in mounts dosnt?

Quick lap of paint job done
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Good excuse to get it properly stripped if you ask me Wink
Thanks given by:
mine is going stripped etc, this is why im interested.
Thanks given by:
£375 fitted.!!! good price last full cage i saw fitted was £2000
Thanks given by:
I'm sure we could get it close to that if we weld enough extra bars and gussets in Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Absolute bargain.

If I had the money I'd be properly tempted...

Surely that barely covers the materials!?!?!?!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Well, I bought enough tube to do 2 basic cages and have a bit spare in case of fook ups.
But the last car ended up with rather more tubes than originally planned, so may as well do a bit of discount and get the offcuts/rest out of the way on a rear half cage lol
Thanks given by:
Thats a dam good deal ... and I was thinking about starting a track car project hmmmm
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
Want Sad
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ get your grubby cash out then Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
The pric of a full cage is a steal too.....
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Safety devives roll cage £330 7057sam 18 3,309 22-02-2014, 11:36 AM