306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Rear Cage/Half Cage...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got enough tube left over from last weeks rollcage install to do a rear half cage sometime in the next two weeks.
It would be a weld in, includes fitting as part of the price, as well as welding to the roof and bodyshell to stiffen the chassis, would take approximately 1-2 days to do depending on how well stripped the car arrives.

That would give you the main hoop just behind the B-pillars, two rear stays mounting to the rear beam points, and a diagonal between the two. All in certified CDS tube that exceeds MSA specs ( ROPTS620, you can have a copy of the mill certificate if you wish).
I can do pickup/delivery for local area at £1 per mile if car needs to be trailered.

£375 fitted.

Number of tubes/location, etc, are negotiable if you're not too fussed about it being to MSA specs or want to save a few quid/spend a bit more for extra tubes.

Pic of the last cage so you can see how tight the hoop fits to stiffen chassis up, etc:
[Image: DSC00118.jpg]
Thats a damn good price to be fair.
darrenjlobb Wrote:Thats a damn good price to be fair.

& the other one looks awesome!
My insurers would have a field day if I stripped and caged my dt! Sad
Looks like epic handy work! Sounds pretty cheap too?
Well come up here and get it fitted then Big Grin
Car isnt on the road yet Sad
Well stop adding extra bits then, it'll never be as fast as my 1.4 anyway Wink
shame its a weld in
There all heaps of french scrap anyway, so who cares if its scrapped with some extra steel in it....not worth anything really in any case.... someone jump on this?!
padge Wrote:shame its a weld in

I'll give you the main hoops, some straight bar and a couple of Pritt-Stick's instead if you like?
Rippthrough Wrote:
padge Wrote:shame its a weld in

I'll give you the main hoops, some straight bar and a couple of Pritt-Stick's instead if you like?

Just make one from bog roll tubes and some sticky back plastic lol
Don't tell Padge that!

...we'll end up having to cut him out of a roll of sticky back plastic when it goes tits up.
You could probably sell it to a saxo owner, probably would still stiffen the chassis lol
lmao This is true Phillip, and Scott, is that not what most of them have anyway?
if you could make it a bolt in i would be massivley tempted!
But you still have to weld mounting points into the chassis? I'm sure Phil could knock something up fairly easily for that purpose, mind.
Why would you want to bolt it in tho? just do it proper first as last....grinding it out takes just the same time as unbolting it anyway...
Making the bolted joints is more hassle than just welding the fecker in, especially as it still needs the mountings welding in anyway.

Can always cut it out with a slitting disc if you sell it on Wink
just make a mess though tbh.
lol and welding in mounts dosnt?

Quick lap of paint job done
Good excuse to get it properly stripped if you ask me Wink
mine is going stripped etc, this is why im interested.
£375 fitted.!!! good price last full cage i saw fitted was £2000
I'm sure we could get it close to that if we weld enough extra bars and gussets in Big Grin
Absolute bargain.

If I had the money I'd be properly tempted...

Surely that barely covers the materials!?!?!?!
Well, I bought enough tube to do 2 basic cages and have a bit spare in case of fook ups.
But the last car ended up with rather more tubes than originally planned, so may as well do a bit of discount and get the offcuts/rest out of the way on a rear half cage lol
Thats a dam good deal ... and I was thinking about starting a track car project hmmmm
Want Sad
^^ get your grubby cash out then Wink
The pric of a full cage is a steal too.....
Pages: 1 2