Heater matrix hoses and connector

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater matrix hoses and connector
Is the heater matrix hoses and connection the same through all the phases?

Thanks given by:
AUGHHHHHHHHH.......!!!! If i could get the damn thing off I'd be a happy bunny!! Sad

Anyone based around South London -Croydon area, fancy giving me a hand Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Don't forget to press the release switch as you pulling and work it round in a circle ad you pull.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Tried that, feels like it's welded in place.
...and both pipes have snapped! Knew I had to replace it, but this is more fun than I thought!

Ohhh and looking at the matrix after taking the dash off, no idea how that's gonna come out...

And it's pi55ing with rain, how badly is my day going!
Thanks given by:
unbolt the heater box.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
it's not the most fun job . . .took me about 8 hours start to finish tbh . . . .let me see if i can find you a guide . .Smile

here you go . .http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=78999
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thanks Chaps - Gonna have another go once the rain has stopped.

Yeah was following that guide, I've noticed the P1 is slightly different (has extra bolts here and there), but common sense has got me to the point I am.

Why did I not doo this yesterday when it was sunny!
hahahaha
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 02:36 PM)mackat Wrote: Thanks Chaps - Gonna have another go once the rain has stopped.

Yeah was following that guide, I've noticed the P1 is slightly different (has extra bolts here and there), but common sense has got me to the point I am.

Why did I not doo this yesterday when it was sunny!
hahahaha

it's sunny here lol, mine was a phase 1 too, can't remember much being different . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Well....! That was a complete fail for the day!

Fingers crossed for better luck next weekend! :p
Thanks given by:
Well that didn't go entirely as planned:

[attachment=19968]
[attachment=19969]
[attachment=19970]
[attachment=19971]

Managed to break a chunk off the evaporator housing, so I'll be needing a new one of those alone with the hose, connector and new matrix!

All a learning curve!

Can anyone tell me if the evaporator housing is the same through the whole range?
Thanks given by:
errrr why did you take that housing out?? . . . . . no need homeslice . .Smile
Thanks given by:
also is your car a 5 door? . . . . . if so sell me your doorcards please? mine are tired . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sometimes I just get soooo carried away and have to take everything apart

[attachment=19972]

Only wanted to tighten you the wheel bolts!! :p

Was having hella time getting the matrix out, the end result was the housing had to come out too.

(08-11-2014, 09:11 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: also is your car a 5 door? . . . . . if so sell me your doorcards please? mine are tired . .Big Grin

You can have the whole car for £700 Wink
Thanks given by:
haha well seriously if you ever break it let me know, i converted the S16 half leather seats (same design as yours) to fit a 5 door and got same doorcards to match out an xsi, drivers doorcard is tatty though and it drives me mad . . .

[attachment=19973]
Thanks given by:
Nice..! I like that. Managed to pick up some p3 rear leather seats a month or so back, only to realise I couldn't fit the back rest properly.. D'oh!

The wing mirrors on the pug in your sig.. they from a p3 and if so where they a straight swap?

Breaking.. well the way I feel with it at the moment!!
But when it's all together.. shiny-shiny

[attachment=19974]
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 10:58 AM)mackat Wrote: Nice..! I like that. Managed to pick up some p3 rear leather seats a month or so back, only to realise I couldn't fit the back rest properly.. D'oh!

The wing mirrors on the pug in your sig.. they from a p3 and if so where they a straight swap?

Breaking.. well the way I feel with it at the moment!!
But when it's all together.. shiny-shiny
You can fit the backs, just unzip them and slide on to your old frame for the different locking point, only takes a few minutes, the wing mirrors are phase one Sigma blue and sold last week, someone writ that car off for me Sad
Thanks given by:
Ohhh in hind-sight should have kept them, but sold them after realising they didn't fit!

That sucks, sorry to here about that. Sad Looked a nice motor!
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 10:36 PM)mackat Wrote: Ohhh in hind-sight should have kept them, but sold them after realising they didn't fit!

Cheers, was pretty nice tbh, had a cheeky td04 on her,running about 150-160bhp, went well Smile
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2014, 01:16 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 10:36 PM)mackat Wrote: Ohhh in hind-sight should have kept them, but sold them after realising they didn't fit!

Cheers, was pretty nice tbh, had a cheeky td04 on her,running about 150-160bhp, went well Smile

Sweet..! Big Grin
Have to ask the question, what are you going to do with it?
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2014, 10:43 PM)mackat Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 01:16 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

Sweet..! Big Grin

Getting broke for bits mate, got a cherry 306 now, will get her up to good power when I can Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 01:29 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 10:43 PM)mackat Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 01:16 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Cheers, was pretty nice tbh, had a cheeky td04 on her,running about 150-160bhp, went well Smile

Sweet..! Big Grin

Getting broke for bits mate, got a cherry 306 now, will get her up to good power when I can Smile

Not having much luck finding the parts I need, and then I spotted a 6 for sale the other day and managed to buy it. Pick it up next following weekend Big Grin

Where are you based as might be interested in a couple parts.
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2014, 08:31 PM)mackat Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 01:29 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 10:43 PM)mackat Wrote: Sweet..! Big Grin

Not having much luck finding the parts I need, and then I spotted a 6 for sale the other day and managed to buy it. Pick it up next following weekend Big Grin

Where are you based as might be interested in a couple parts.

Other end of country sorry mate, DoncasterSmile
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2014, 02:11 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Other end of country sorry mate, DoncasterSmile

Where are all the Londoners on this forum? whistle

Might be heading up to Beverley 13th/14th Dec, could swing by on the way back down - That's if you have any parts left and I haven't done anything more stupid with the xsi Wink
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2014, 09:17 AM)mackat Wrote:
(14-11-2014, 02:11 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Other end of country sorry mate, DoncasterSmile

Where are all the Londoners on this forum? whistle

Might be heading up to Beverley 13th/14th Dec, could swing by on the way back down - That's if you have any parts left and I haven't done anything more stupid with the xsi Wink

apparently there's more southern members or so i'm told lol . . . .what you need mate? no front bumper, boot, bonnet, wing mirrors or wings Smile
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2014, 09:56 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: apparently there's more southern members or so i'm told lol . . . .what you need mate? no front bumper, boot, bonnet, wing mirrors or wings Smile

Plans changed.. apparently I'm heading up/down on the weekend of Dec 21/22.

If I still can't source a evaporator housing that'll be the first thing on my list Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 02:36 PM)mackat Wrote:
(14-11-2014, 09:56 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: apparently there's more southern members or so i'm told lol . . . .what you need mate? no front bumper, boot, bonnet, wing mirrors or wings Smile

Plans changed.. apparently I'm heading up/down on the weekend of Dec 21/22.

If I still can't source a evaporator housing that'll be the first thing on my list Big Grin

rightho chap . .Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 03:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: rightho chap . .Smile

Hopefully by the time Dec comes around I'll have enough post counts to pm you Wink
Thanks given by:
Back on topic -

Since I completely annihilated the matrix connectors on both sides, I've managed to get new hoses and connectors, but when ordering the matrix does it come with everything I need to straight into the hose?
Thanks given by:
Aha..! Everything is included.. just gotta work out the difference between a valeo and behr now.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater Matrix Choices Mighty306 0 1,018 18-04-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  GTi6 not starting after heater matrix bypass friar241 34 6,894 21-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Connor