DPF Issues... (Update page 4, March)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPF Issues... (Update page 4, March)
You want be be in 3rd or 4th gear Tom and give it a good hard drive every now and again, 5th gear is nearly too high is your not on motorways, half laboring the engine I find.
Thanks given by:
5th is terrible... It really needs a 6th gear to drop back into the powerband at speed imo and would give better economy and less engine noise as well...its basically petrol RPM at 70 = 2250!! Though that's still not enough for the DPF. Just doesn't make sense really, I can't imagine the usual people that would buy this sort of car doing anything other than 70mph runs and a bit of town and B road...they certainly won't be the sort of people that want a performance car so it's no surprise they have a reputation for clogging DPFs.

It gets a hard drive every time I go out tbh lol, ok when I'm up to speed I stick on the cruise but I like getting to the limit quickly, always give it a thrash down slip roads (thinking that may help the DPF) and usually do a few B road overtakes. It seems it'd need half an hour at 70 in 3rd each week to even contemplate burning the soot gathered from a few starts.

I was trying to defend DPF's as they are there for a reason obviously but they just don't work in the real world... I don't know if the newer style coated DPFs work any better in real world conditions?

(23-03-2015, 08:24 PM)Niall Wrote:
(23-03-2015, 08:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Or 90 in 5th?  'Yes officer, I'm just regenerating the DPF'...

90? Why stop there? Oh yeah, because it probably won't do over that! lol

Because you lose your licence getting caught over 90. Tongue

It does pull into 3 figures eventually, quite a surprise really lol.
Thanks given by:
Linked the pressure sensor pipes this morning....0kPa.
Thanks given by:
Mmm dpf knock through.....
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yep, just gotta find a spare now. Then ask you nicely to cut and weld it for me haha. Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Yeah so the differential pressure sensor is working correctly then.
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 12:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yep, just gotta find a spare now. Then ask you nicely to cut and weld it for me haha. Itwasntme

Just find one and drop it off. I'll get to it on a dinner break for you. Its not an issue.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 06:07 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Yeah so the differential pressure sensor is working correctly then.

Yeah, I was expecting it to be fine but good to prove it!

(24-03-2015, 06:34 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(24-03-2015, 12:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yep, just gotta find a spare now.  Then ask you nicely to cut and weld it for me haha. Itwasntme

Just find one and drop it off. I'll get to it on a dinner break for you. Its not an issue.

Finding one seems to be the issue lol, but yeah cheers, I'll let you know when I find one. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Dont they sell the de dpf pipes for these? Suprise as the engine is used so much..
Thanks given by:
DPF deletes are illegal so they're not widely sold lol. Decat pipes are all sold for offroad/track use only...but no-ones using a DV6 for that lol.

It needs to look standard anyway, to pass MOT and for if police/VOSA check. Could buy just the cat from the 90bhp model but again it'd be obvious the DPF was missing. So the only real option is to have it cut, gutted and welded along the original seam so it looks factory.
Thanks given by:
Cut it along the back edge gut it and put it back in. That way you cant see it. That's what I would do.
Thanks given by:
Cut it however you like as long as it still looks original after lol.

Can't find a scrap one anywhere though, I know its a long shot but if anyone does happen to see one, let me know.

Also, it turns out 3k in 5th is about 90 on the speedo, which is kinda useful when your guts decide you suddenly need the loo 20 miles from home. Dodgy Really not been a good day! Dodgy Oddly, MPG wasn't any worse at that than 70, how that works I really don't know. Also discovered just how grippy these things are at speed! DPF temp still wasn't really hot enough to regen though, even with the Eolys it still needs to be 450c+ as far as I know (but Ford won't give me that info for some reason) and it was only just above 300c. Think I'd have to be on the redline for hours to get a passive regen going so I'll just leave it to kick in active regens every so often for now. On a side note, has anyone hit the limiter on one of these? It sounded awful, I've never taken it much past the redline under load before but hit the limiter (5kish) a couple of times today and it genuinely sounded like there was no oil in it (there is btw lol). Doesn't seem to be any problems since but I won't be doing that again if I can help it. Worried now that something else is broken though as it sounded so bad. I give up tbh. Should've bought a petrol.
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2015, 08:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 5th is terrible...  It really needs a 6th gear to drop back into the powerband at speed imo and would give better economy and less engine noise as well...its basically petrol RPM at 70 = 2250!!  Though that's still not enough for the DPF.   Just doesn't make sense really, I can't imagine the usual people that would buy this sort of car doing anything other than 70mph runs and a bit of town and B road...they certainly won't be the sort of people that want a performance car so it's no surprise they have a reputation for clogging DPFs.

It gets a hard drive every time I go out tbh lol, ok when I'm up to speed I stick on the cruise but I like getting to the limit quickly, always give it a thrash down slip roads (thinking that may help the DPF) and usually do a few B road overtakes.  It seems it'd need half an hour at 70 in 3rd each week to even contemplate burning the soot gathered from a few starts.  

I was trying to defend DPF's as they are there for a reason obviously but they just don't work in the real world...  I don't know if the newer style coated DPFs work any better in real world conditions?

(23-03-2015, 08:24 PM)Niall Wrote:
(23-03-2015, 08:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Or 90 in 5th?  'Yes officer, I'm just regenerating the DPF'...

90? Why stop there? Oh yeah, because it probably won't do over that! lol

Because you lose your licence getting caught over 90. Tongue

It does pull into 3 figures eventually, quite a surprise really lol.

I definitely lost my licence when I got caught doing 99 on the motorway then didn't I?

In. 30 maybe.. In 60 possibly,  find a motorway (that's the one with the blue signs) and give it a blast.. 
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: