DPF Issues... (Update page 4, March)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPF Issues... (Update page 4, March)
Lol, possibly! Oddly it goes all the way back to 2003 though...before the Mk2 was even built... Confused
Thanks given by:
Just to add to todays fails, after fitting cruise wheel and activating it in the GEM and HEC modules....it turns out the 1.6 TDCi PCM isn't supported by ELMConfig as they don't sell the 1.6 in Russia...so I can't activate it in there now. Rolleyes

I really need to leave things alone! Doh
Thanks given by:
Meaning what to non ford geeks? You can't activate the cruise control without the proper dealer software and lead?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah...can activate it in the GEM (magic fusebox lol) and the HEC (instrument cluster) but not the PCM (engine ECU) with my software it seems. Though I'm looking for a later version of the software I have... Confused
Thanks given by:
So...thanks to Connor I now have a working radio! Big Grin No idea why the wrong code was in the book. Confused

Also managed to find the newer version of ELM Config and got access to the PCM...but still no cruise atm. Sad

Not sure if you're interested but ELMConfig really is an epic piece of FREE software! These are the screens where I've enabled cruise...if anyone spots that I've left a glaring obvious 'cruise control' box empty, feel free to let me know lol! Tongue

[Image: ECHEC_zps58a23627.png]

[Image: ECGEM_zps5b378450.png]

[Image: ECPCM_zps8f172a96.png]

The updated version also has an additive gauge....apparently the additive is full though. Confused

[Image: ECEolys_zpsb0ecbec3.png]
Thanks given by:
I now have working cruise control!! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Was it a easy fix?
Thanks given by:
Yep.

Basically there is an order to activate it. Should've been HEC and GEM before the PCM.

I did it in that order but after doing the PCM I realised I hadn't saved the updated file to the GEM, just saved it to the PC as backup. Being lazy I just went in and saved it to the GEM, thinking the order wouldn't make a difference.

Clearly I was wrong lol, just went back into it today, removed cruise from the PCM, checked it was still active in the GEM and HEC then re-wrote the cruise file to the PCM. Works fine now. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thats good then just the dpf to sort out next do it look a easy job to change?
Thanks given by:
Nothings easy lol, I'm sure something unexpected will go wrong!

It looks fairly straightforward though. Just need time and a dry day to sort it.
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG4196_zpsb99729a4.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4195_zpsfc7aeaf2.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4194_zpsbc6f2a5f.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Even without the kink that looks like quite a restriction!

Get that dpf gone and that 90bend done proper must open one of these up so much!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its not a racecar lol...

I'd be interested to know if there is a noticeable difference though, but I'd guess not tbh. Don't forget the intake and turbo are tiny anyway lol!

I'd say thats much less of a restriction than the 306 HDi TIP tbh...always amazed how anything flows through there but they push 135bhp on std pipes...
Thanks given by:
UPDATE 23/3/15

I f*cking hate DPFs. Dodgy

So basically, it's been feeling a bit lethargic again, thought I was just getting used to the power but it seems not, the regen duration fault has come up 3 times in the last month now.  So did some live testing today, 1st run from cold, 10 miles of B road, 10 miles of dually, 3 miles of town.  Second run warm engine 3 miles of town and 15 miles of dually.  

Coolant temp, glow plug operation, EGR control and VNT vanes all working well on both tests.

1st run:

DPF pressure Max - 12kPa
Rough average - 3kPa

DPF temp Max - 338c
Temp during const' 70mph - 280c

2nd run

DPF pressure Max - 9kPa
Rough average - 3kPa

DPF temp Max - 324c
Temp during const' 70mph - 290c

So it turns out 70 in 5th isn't getting the DPF anywhere near hot enough to regen passively which seems daft. But more worrying is the pressure in the DPF...bear in mind its only 3 months old and covered around 3k miles.  

I did wonder if maybe the DPF wasn't the original issue, but after changing it the fault didn't occur for nearly 3 months...

So I'm looking for a genuine knackered DPF to gut now. But have I over-looked anything simple before I go to the cost and effort of removing it? Pipes are intact and pressure sensor appears to work ok.
Thanks given by:
Bang it through get a map Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Can't just bang it through due to the shape of them, needs a precision cut along the weld, DPF removed (without breaking the cat) then a perfect weld along the original join again.

Wish I'd got a 2.0 lol, its just a straight pipe on them!

I'm also not having my £200 DPF butchered lol, but if you get any blocked ones at work I'd be interested. Wink
Thanks given by:
Does the differential pressure change on live data if you connect the two pipes together?
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haven't tried that, guess it should just be 0kPa like that?
Thanks given by:
Yeah it should be mate, pressure will mostly likely be up fairly high if sensor is knackered and them pipes are joined up
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Will give it a go then. Smile
Thanks given by:
Then when that doesn't work. Bring it to me and I will gut it. Given it wont be perfectly precise welds but close enough
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Theres no way this ones getting cut lol... You must get loads of blocked ones through work? Wink
Thanks given by:
They are all exchange. To be fair I could ask my supplier. He might make one disappear if you.really want.

What about your original
Thanks given by:
Ah I didn't realise that.

Scrapped the original as needed money at xmas...regretting that now lol. I'll wait for a knackered genuine one though, better made that the one I've got now!
Thanks given by:
Drive the f*cking thing and then you won't have any issues... I averaged 52.3mpg on the last tank over 570 miles. Oh in 2.0 5 pot with over 200 horse.

If you really bought this a cheap car to run then you chose the wrong car.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(23-03-2015, 07:47 PM)Anton Wrote: Drive the f*cking thing and then you won't have any issues... I averaged 52.3mpg on the last tank over 570 miles. Oh in 2.0 5 pot with over 200 horse.

If you really bought this a cheap car to run then you chose the wrong car.

Pretty much the same as my 156.. Although its a 2.4
Thanks given by:
Driving it isn't working... 70 in 5th isn't getting the DPF hot enough, I assumed it would be but was obviously wrong.
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2015, 08:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Driving it isn't working...  70 in 5th isn't getting the DPF hot enough, I assumed it would be but was obviously wrong.

70th in 4th to try next then
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Or 90 in 5th? 'Yes officer, I'm just regenerating the DPF'...
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2015, 08:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Or 90 in 5th?  'Yes officer, I'm just regenerating the DPF'...

90? Why stop there? Oh yeah, because it probably won't do over that! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: