Road Tax Petition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Tax Petition
Nope you can only buy 6 months or 12 months still but if you want to pay by direct debit you can pay either of these monthly.
Thanks given by:
So in theory you can tax a car for a month or two then sorn it and not pay anymore (I know this was always available with the old system but it's less time consuming now rather than having to send the tax disk etc off to refund it) One benefit I suppose if you have a summer car etc.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2014, 05:43 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: So in theory you can tax a car for a month or two then sorn it and not pay anymore (I know this was always available with the old system but it's less time consuming now rather than having to send the tax disk etc off to refund it) One benefit I suppose if you have a summer car etc.

Correct. I like the idea tbh!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Same, I just set my direct debits up yesterday for the BMW when it renews at the end of the month.

To me, £9.62 a month is much more manageable than £110 a year/£60.50. And it's only a fiver extra via d/d.

And as I mentioned above, if I were keeping the 205 I could have taxed it via direct debit, cancelled the direct debit over the winter if I were taking it off the road, tax it for a month in the middle if I wanted, much easier I say.
Thanks given by:
But you can't insure it for a month at a time so it still doesn't make summer cars any easier?
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2014, 06:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: But you can't insure it for a month at a time so it still doesn't make summer cars any easier?

Yes you can.
Thanks given by:
Not for a sensible price last time I looked!
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2014, 07:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not for a sensible price last time I looked!

Most insurers can add temporary additional vehicles Tom.

Aren't you will Admiral or one of their group? Amber is with them & she's done it probably 4 or 5 times with different cars, usually £17.50 a week or slightly less if month at a time?! I'd say that's extremely reasonable
Thanks given by:
I am yeah, but you're limited as to how much you can do it....I've already exceeded my limit this year! Sad

Its also not exactly cheap, about 3x as much as the normal insurance.
Thanks given by:
Seriously?! Wow!
Thanks given by:
I had a lot of cars earlier this year lol. Confused
Thanks given by:
I signed, I don't like the idea that the DVLA is getting paid twice as it's perfectly reasonable to offer a fairer system such as proposed in the petition.
If the car was taxed to the end of the month and it's not practicle for some reason for the DVLA refund this to the old owners as suggested, then it should remain taxed to the end of the month for the new owners.

I also think there should be a 7 day grace period on taxing a car from transfer date to a new owner. I would like a system thats fair for all and alows private sellers and buyers to operate with the same ease as car traders with out the hassle and threat of being penalised over VED issues.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't it be fair for the tax to run to the end of the month and then surrendered as the tax has been paid and the seller wouldn't get the refund anyway??
Thanks given by:
Oh right.. quite like it..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Government Petition For Meet Locations D@wson 13 2,826 14-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Last Post: D@wson