Government Petition For Meet Locations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government Petition For Meet Locations
Just seen this on facebook and signed it.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29259

What do you think?
Thanks given by:
Hmm.. I dont care about anything but I signed it anyway lol x
pink
Thanks given by:
Signed. :dance:
Thanks given by:
On my phone so I will do it later
Thanks given by:
Wont work as legal owners of the derelict sites will be responsible for anything that happens Sad
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
IMO the problem arises when you get people who think its okay to meet in a location and play loud music, rev engines, shout lots, wheelspin, leave litter etc. and dont realise the disturbance it causes to people who live around the area and have to live with the noise every night and the mess every day.

As an example, me and my mates often used to meet in the 'Social club car park' and on the odd occaion the police would pop down saying they had had a call because of loud music, but never anything drastic, just a caution to keep the noise down. We used to go there for probably a year before it got boring and most of the time we just used to chat and look at cars etc, never causing a problem.

I dont beleive there is genuinely NO WHERE for people to go in some areas, id bet most of them have met in car parks previously, been loud arrogant twats and then been kicked off for causing a problem. If you cant go somewhere without causing a problem then I dont think the government should fund somewhere for you to go just to be a twat. Being a 'car enthusiast' is often used as a very broad term and imo a car enthusiast isnt some idiot who thinks loud music, wheelspins and massive exhausts is cool, that is just an idiot imo.

Personally, I wont bother signing it, no offence to you personally D@wson, just voiving my opinion about the scene in general! Smile
Thanks given by:
Signed
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I agree with both sides here up to a point. These places would be great until the idiots turn up, wheel spinning and revving a lot.
Places like this would also be a target for vandalism because its what chavs enjoy for some reason.

But on the other hand, genuine car enthusiasts would have a place to meet up away from everyone.
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
See when I was growing up we used to ride our crossers up the woods old bill used to come and tell us to take em home, we never had anywhere else to go! Now there is a track within 2 miles of my house and it's always busy, now the kids use that instead of the woods,
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not much point as the chavs would ruin it like they ruin the majority of meets (not meaning pugnet meets btw lol).

However I do like the idea of opening up large stretches of tarmac for fun as 70mph is just boring......would be good to have somewhere to go faster than that.
Thanks given by:
Can see both sides of the argument tbh....Ive signed it (by the way you guys signing need to validate an email they send you after, or else its a waste of time signing it)....

Something does need to be done IMO, as the ammount of people using cars as a hobby these days is huge, and there really isnt currently anything on offer for us...
But it always boils down to the same problem, a few idiots messing it up for everyone else, which is just something that will always go on I guess, which is a shame...

I do think it would be good though to be able to go somewhere out the way of other people to meet up with friends / other car nuts etc, as stupid chavs these days have set such a bad reputation amongst us, that I almost feel like a rolling target every time I see a police car, purely because you can just guarantee that they will have singled you out purely because your driving a modified car, and therefore "must have done something wrong"....which sucks tbh as me / most people on here do everything they can to keep things legal...(declared insurance mods, tax, mot, legal tyres, VERY well maintained cars,etcetc)
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Sounds good but it just wont work will it lol
There will be much better profits out of a different venture rather than levelling of a bit of ground for what will essentially be a csr park
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No offence to me lol I just saw it on Facebook and thought id bring it to your attention
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Photoshoot locations Orta 3 1,440 17-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Best Stag doo locations Moonwalker 26 4,721 24-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Road Tax Petition Midnightclub 43 5,098 11-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Josh1994