Second car insurance question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second car insurance question
I have fully comprehensive insurance, I checked with the insurer when taking it out if I could drive any car with the owner's permission on a third party basis and they confirmed that I could.

Now if I buy a second car, and give myself as the owner permission to drive it, would I be covered on a third party basis by my existing insurance?
Thanks given by:
No...

The owner has to be someone else (funnily enough) and also have their own insurance on the vehicle.
Thanks given by:
what he said^^^^

get a second policy on limited miles some company's will mirror your existing policy no claims bonus onto the new policy if you have any.

i have done this with my second car
Thanks given by:
Admiral multi car and push them to mirror your ncb. They will do it.
Thanks given by:
A lot of places will mirror your ncb Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately not. As said previously it's only "other people's cars". It's also an offence now remember to have a taxed car that's not insured. And you can't tax an uninsured car so your plan wouldn't work even if you signed it over to your dad or something.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the answer guys, i suspected as much. It makes getting a new car or donor car much more of a ballache. I've not been driving for long so have no NCB, insurance is usually around £1000 for a year or £200 per month. Obviously i can cancel my old insurance and get the money back from that but it requires a lot more cash on hand in the interim.
Thanks given by:
If you've only recently passed, are you sure you have the benefit? Do you mind me asking how old you are?
Thanks given by:
I'm 25, I got insurance within days of passing and the insurance confirmed I had the benefit due to age. It infuriated my 24 year old housemate who can't despite having 7 years experience Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ah that makes sense Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah the joys of being old. 10 years ncb next year for me haha
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2014, 07:09 AM)Orta Wrote: Ah the joys of being old. 10 years ncb next year for me haha

16 years for me and the wife Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2014, 07:09 AM)Orta Wrote: Ah the joys of being pre-historic. 10 years ncb next year for me haha

Edited for you chap Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2014, 07:30 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(08-10-2014, 07:09 AM)Orta Wrote: Ah the joys of being pre-historic. 10 years ncb next year for me haha

Edited for you chap Wink

Cheeky!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
if you buy another car call your insurance company and add it temporarily so you can drive it home.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance question/working away for extended periods jack_o 6 1,346 27-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Last Post: nominous
  Insurance question SteveMcs 8 1,886 04-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii