Insurance question/working away for extended periods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance question/working away for extended periods
I'm going to start a placement in Bristol for 4 months soon, I'll still be renting a house in Plymouth and returning on the weekends. Do I need to tell the insurance company?
Thanks given by:
The answer is yes you should, would I bother Hmmmmm not sure lol, but you should Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking of changing insurer to Bell with a telematics box to save about £400 (at least until they get the box back :p). I'm guessing they would be able to tell where I've been and void the warranty? Or maybe they are only allowed to analyse the g-force data.
Thanks given by:
Really don't know mate, I'm far too old for that crap lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'll probably play it safe, only about £100 difference.
Thanks given by:
Hi Jack,

I think yoiur insurers want to know where the car is usually kept, so safest to ask.
Insurers find it almost impossible to avoid paying out to third parties, no matter what you do, but theft/own damage are a contract between them and you, so they decide the rules. A lot may depend on the value of your car ... would you pay another £100 per year to protect your "own loss"?

My son moved from South Wales to near Gatwick ... his premiums went down. ???

You mention "placement"? Does that mean a change of job? HOW you describe your job can seriously affect your premium. I read recently that the highest risk profession is "health worker". Presumably a driver is a better risk than an ambulance driver?

Thanks given by:
Usually kept. Insurance policy for a year. 4 month placement. Usually it's kept at home for the 8 months...
But they are slimy clams aren't they.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaving a car parked up for long periods Iceman299 21 3,930 31-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: maxzy
  Second car insurance question jack_o 14 1,596 08-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Insurance question SteveMcs 8 1,886 04-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii