group buy paddle clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale: group buy paddle clutch
Has anyone ever looked into Sachs providing paddle clutches for XUD or is that just too expensive/whatever?

Tried looking for a Helix for a while but never came up with anything...
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2014, 03:19 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(19-09-2014, 03:06 PM)silverzx Wrote: I would potentially be interested in an XUD one and possibly one for my 200SX's SR20DET (doubt it though, they sound like cowboys, I'll risk it for the XUD though).

It's an XUD...anything goes Tongue

Useless Post. Sorry.

When I have a spare hour I'll pull the box on my 206 with the 4 Paddle unsprung. It's done 3500 miles now I believe.

Piggy, mine rattles like mad too...I put it down to the release bearing.

You know it. Angel
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Hm its a strange one, They are very cheaply made clutchs, dont get me wrong.

However I have used a few, and yet to have an issue, the orignal one I had was on two of my cars, again, only did around 10k, which i know isnt alot in some respects, although for a performance car / tuning car, thats quite alot to me anyway, i put the miles on the daily not the highly tuned one...even so, 10 k without issue, and CHRONIC abuse, ANYONE who has rode in a car with me, can testiment to the level of abuse that clutch has had, there was one point in time I was running around daily with a single HX35, and the clutch never let go / was then fitted to tom's 205, which also worked perfectly / held on for mercy with VNT raping...

The audi also has a CG with a 2260vk on it, and gets raped, and is fine, seems luck of the drawer, but the un sprung xud ones seem to be fine...

I have seen a center ripped out of a landrover one though, but it was only preessed in / not rivetted like these, little odd..welder around the hub and it was fine though!

Id buy another tbh given the price / lack of issues ive had.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Zx_volcane, is yours unsprung? Who else had an unsprung plate? I wonder if it might be problems with the sprung centres...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My good one was unsprung in the XUD. The one in the hdi was totally different as it was physically bigger and used a bigger flywheel so get more clutch area, even so that was unsprung too.
JP
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure toms is sprung. The 1 out my dt what unsprung and that wore out and just took the 1 out the estate and that's worn right out
Thanks given by:
What makes you say its worn out? Are the rivits hitting the flywheel? They have very small ammount of material on them anyway...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2014, 04:17 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: What makes you say its worn out? Are the rivits hitting the flywheel? They have very small ammount of material on them anyway...

yeah and the pressure plate, will pop some pics up later
Thanks given by:
This is the clutch out of 'jonnys' estate. CG 4 paddle unsprung with CG pressure plate

[Image: DA65B977-AF56-40DC-B3DB-A8A9716B2BC5_zpssbtrcvyz.jpg]

[Image: 6A37462D-579A-4588-83ED-B4FDAAAFCF96_zpsurgvwlp9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2014, 08:21 PM)Frosty Wrote: This is the clutch out of 'jonnys' estate. CG 4 paddle unsprung with CG pressure plate

You bought it? Hmm
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2014, 06:48 PM)Tom Wrote:
(20-09-2014, 08:21 PM)Frosty Wrote: This is the clutch out of 'jonnys' estate. CG 4 paddle unsprung with CG pressure plate

You bought it? Hmm

Yep
Thanks given by:
Keep up Tom. So anyways, back to a Helix or AP group buy...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Anything happening on this?
Thanks given by:
Potentially intrested in a hdi paddle clutch
Thanks given by:
nope helix didn't want to know at all and with the negative comments towards the CG clutches i figured no one wanted one.
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2014, 06:46 AM)ash23 Wrote: nope helix didn't want to know at all and with the negative comments towards the CG clutches i figured no one wanted one.

How come helix didnt want to know? Did they give you any prices?
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2014, 12:33 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(14-10-2014, 06:46 AM)ash23 Wrote: nope helix didn't want to know at all and with the negative comments towards the CG clutches i figured no one wanted one.

How come helix didnt want to know? Did they give you any prices?

he said as they dont make one for a xud off the shelf it wouldnt be worth there while to produce one. although he said the gti6 one "should" be ok but theres no guarantees

so is any one actually intrested in a cg paddle clutch i will be ordering one for myself at the end of the month / early part of next month.

if anyone is intrested and has the money to hand put your name down BUT only if you seriously want a CG clutch..

1 ash23
Thanks given by:
I think I'm going to save up and go for a helix as my last 1 from CG didn't last very long.

Need to speak to helix to see how much I need to save
Thanks given by:
Ask helix if they would do a group buy for the hdi kits
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2014, 09:18 PM)Connor Wrote: Ask helix if they would do a group buy for the hdi kits

Mines changed to Xud style clutch
Thanks given by:
Oh buggar then lol
Thanks given by:
Just dropped them an email, as I am going to need one for the new engine.
Thanks given by:
Anybody tried a Black Diamond clutch.? They list a stage 2 clutch kit with a Kevlar drive plate and a stage 3, 5 paddle clutch kit.
Seems they are available for most 306 engine options. Reasonably priced too.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CG 5 Paddle Clutch mcglynn 19 3,758 14-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Last Post: mcglynn
  FOR SALE: CG 5 Paddle Sprung HDi Clutch mcglynn 11 2,819 04-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Last Post: mcglynn
  Arp head studs nitrous oxide kit cg paddle clutch fmic ect Danny2009 50 8,145 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Danny2009