group buy paddle clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale: group buy paddle clutch
hey guys im going to be purchasing a couple of clutches fron CG soon. just wondering of any one else is looking for any? if so i dont mind trying to organise a group buy to get costs down a little. i suppose it can be any clutch for any car.

if you intrested stick you name down and i see what can be done price wise.
and also what car the clutch is for ie xud, hdi, gti6 ect
ill leave it till next Tuesday 23 sept to see if we have any interest.

Thanks ash

1. ash23 spring 5 paddle
Thanks given by:
Hmm... the state needs a clutch, though I could buy 5 standard ones for the price of one of theirs... guess it depends how much you get off!
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
tbh if the cars running stock turbo and no plans for a bigger turbo id go for the stock clutch. but if we get some numbers together it will give a more accurate price Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2014, 09:27 AM)Norledge Wrote: Hmm... the state needs a clutch, though I could buy 5 standard ones for the price of one of theirs... guess it depends how much you get off!

I doubt it, a Decent standard one is over a hundred quid...

I might be interested in a clutch also, not entirely sure what yet, but would likely be onboard either way.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Already priced an LUK at £65 so i'll just go for one of them Smile
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
I could be interested in 1 for the estate. Are you just getting friction plates or pressure plates as well? Any idea on price at all?

I will put me down anyway as a poss

1. ash23 spring 5 paddle
2. Frosty spring 5 paddle with pressure plate - poss depending on price

Oh and the last 1 i got off cg wore out in 3000 miles so i dunno if they have changed material at all?

I was going to ring them to see if they would do me a deal after the issue i had with the last 1
Thanks given by:
Materials have changed....but prices have too accordingly
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
just had a chat with andy at CG they have improved the material used. kits i will get will be the full lot inc pressure plate and bearing.

for the stage 3 sprung paddle (the one most go for)
is if we get x3 intrested the price would be £225 deliverd to your door

or x6 intrested it would be £200 delivered to your door

for numbers in between ill have to check but something can be done Smile
Thanks given by:
Whatever you do, don't go for their lightened flywheels....

I had a £600 beast of a clutch made by them to handle the huge torque from my stage 3 HDi, and I had no world of problems truth be told.

I also had a problem with a clutch on another car from them where the build quality was truly shocking.

After a while, it sort of worked - but I personally don't think I'd be using them again.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
So what are the better options then?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just hope they don't send out the one I returned
Thanks given by:
Bit of a thread rob but what over clutches do people use as in up rated ones
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2014, 01:46 PM)ash23 Wrote: just had a chat with andy at CG they have improved the material used. kits i will get will be the full lot inc pressure plate and bearing.

for the stage 3 sprung paddle (the one most go for)
is if we get x3 intrested the price would be £225 deliverd to your door

or x6 intrested it would be £200 delivered to your door

for numbers in between ill have to check but something can be done Smile

Thats annoyed me.

Thats bloody cheap.

I was quoted £300+postage!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Connor, basically helix or AP.
JP
Thanks given by:
Seriously? Genuine question coming up, not being sarky just don't understand: why do people keep buying these? Every time they're used people report issues with build quality, longevity, awful after-sales service, etc.

Frosty, for example, you've got two in your possession, which both ruined themselves and the flywheel in less than 5,000 miles, what gives?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If your going too the trouble of changing your clutch for an uprated one, why buy cheap shit?

Just get a helix one ffs.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Poodle. Agreed. I gave CG the benefit of the doubt on the one for my stage 3 hdi, and it was garbage tbh. I said I was going to write some stuff in the magazine for them, but I couldn't. Because whatever I said would have been defamatory.
JP
Thanks given by:
Worth getting a price from AP or Helix then?
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2014, 08:53 AM)Poodle Wrote: Seriously? Genuine question coming up, not being sarky just don't understand: why do people keep buying these? Every time they're used people report issues with build quality, longevity, awful after-sales service, etc.

Frosty, for example, you've got two in your possession, which both ruined themselves and the flywheel in less than 5,000 miles, what gives?

I was just interested to see what the price would be as i spoke to Ian who has a helix and that was a fair bit of money but i guess at the end of the day you get what you pay for?

Some people seem to have had no issues with cg though so i guess its luck of the draw?

I can just pray a valeo will hold in the estate i guess
Thanks given by:
So how much are you looking at for an AP or Helix clutch?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mardi Gras Motorsport

give them a call for an up to date price on helix
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
About £600 for the full kit iirc. Which is a lot, granted, but its got to be better than having to change the clutch three times a year imo.

Possibly luck of the draw, but the only people I remember giving positive reviews were those using them on track specials, trailer queens or dumdum spec short term projects. Which, to be fair, I guess they would be ideal for. Everyone points at Darrens when this comes up, but how many miles did that thing do..?

Meh, I just hate to see people potentially wasting their hard-earned when I could prevent it. It's none of my beeswax what you lot do with your money anyway and i'm dragging this thread off-topic, done now. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle, I agree with you.

CG designed the original 4 paddle setup on my XUD up here in Leeds, I think all the rest made since have been to that spec.

I never had a problem with the one in the XUD to be honest, and it was making strong power and good torque.... BUT, like you say - I probably did less than 8,000 miles in it the entire time I had it.

If I was doing it again, I'd be sure as hell using a helix.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
appreciate everyone's input. just spoke to a chap at helix apparently they dont do /list one for the xud but is looking in to it and get back to me.

will also speek to ap and see what we can come up with Smile
Thanks given by:
To be fair I've done a lot of miles on my sprung cg paddle clutch as my cars a daily - and last time i had the engine off it didn't look too shagged, it didn't have a great deal of meat on it, but then they seem to look like that from new.

I've easily done over 10k on it, maybe 20k - but fairly mixed normal driving, and I don't tend to do raping starts in 2nd gear.

It has also been holding over 300 ft/lbs for a while now.

On the other hand, having seen some very low milage clutches from them in all sorts of states - I'd be wary of using them again on the basis that changing the clutch out is a pita

If you can get Helix or AP down to something a bit less on a group buy it might make it more attractive.
Thanks given by:
Was £450 i think when i bought mine at the start of the year.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My 'engine knock' I realised today is the CG clutch slapping/clunking. Assume thats not normal. Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I would potentially be interested in an XUD one and possibly one for my 200SX's SR20DET (doubt it though, they sound like cowboys, I'll risk it for the XUD though).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2014, 03:06 PM)silverzx Wrote: I would potentially be interested in an XUD one and possibly one for my 200SX's SR20DET (doubt it though, they sound like cowboys, I'll risk it for the XUD though).

It's an XUD...anything goes Tongue

Useless Post. Sorry.

When I have a spare hour I'll pull the box on my 206 with the 4 Paddle unsprung. It's done 3500 miles now I believe.

Piggy, mine rattles like mad too...I put it down to the release bearing.
Thanks given by:
The rattle on the unsprung ones is normally gear chatter in the box itself.

On the sprung ones there's some damping and the pulses are smoothed out before they get to the gearset.

My XUD used to do it too.. all part of the "charm" Smile
JP
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CG 5 Paddle Clutch mcglynn 19 3,758 14-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Last Post: mcglynn
  FOR SALE: CG 5 Paddle Sprung HDi Clutch mcglynn 11 2,819 04-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Last Post: mcglynn
  Arp head studs nitrous oxide kit cg paddle clutch fmic ect Danny2009 50 8,145 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Danny2009