The nanny state strikes again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The nanny state strikes again!
The Jerry can thing is ridiculous and its really stupid for them to harass a member of parliment for one incorrect word. Like i would imagine its actually quite hard to find a jerry can these days. Everything being said is very stupid imo... they have trained army drivers now delivering the petrol so there shouldnt be any less than there was previously. Granted some smaller places have run out but telling everyone to keep topped up? As a nation we are going to use the same amount of fuel if we did or didnt top up right now... all it is resulting in is fuel running out faster DUE TO DEMAND not the fact it has run out!

Panic buying means that you get people with full tanks and then people left with nothing... instead of just everyone driving round with half tanks and topping up when needed!
Thanks given by:
I've gone to get some diesel. Enough to last me till end of the weekend. Which is around £10.

Although with price of fuel I feel like a poor person putting just a Tenner in now as its only 7 litres. I had to put a fiver in other week. Sent misses in to pay with the embarrassment of it.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Unions these days are mostly bs. Ok they had their time and place, but that was decades ago down a mineshaft, so piss off already. Why ruin everyone else's day with it?

And don't get me started on people who work for the govt/civil service, they don't seem to have any idea how lucky they are. We had a six-week strike by bin men last year, piles of rubbish nearly 8' high outside of flats, all because some jumped up knob who remembers the 70s thinks £11ph isn't enough for wandering around with your mates all day moving small tubs on wheels from kerb to lorry and back again or sitting in an air-conditioned cab driving at 3 miles an hour. You know, now i spell it out like that i can see their point... :roll:
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The trade unions were a great thing, they implemented changes in employment law that have made working conditions better for us all, but over the last 20 years they've become power-crazed. How anyone can seriously demand that any public sector worker is underpaid is beyond me, outside of the shockingly underpaid armed forces that is...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I think minimum wage should go up. Cos everything gets higher... Shopping fuel taxes insurance. But out wages go up 9p a hour.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16199277
lol lol
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16199277
lol lol

Really... Using a cooker whilst using a jug to move petrol from one can to another?

The media use incidents like these to try and tell people not to do something. What they should be doing is transferring that woman to a mental health facility.

Quote:"When the Government advised people that they should store some petrol in a jerrycan, there was immediate criticism from some fire experts saying it could be very dangerous."

It doesn't take a 'fire expert' to realise that a cooker could set petrol alight.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16199277
lol lol

So why are you and your house on fire? I was transfering petrol from one container to another ontop of my oven whilst cooking some chips.... right... i know youre a woman but thats some serious multitasking there! WTF WOULD YOU DO IT IN THE KITCHEN AND NOT OUTSIDE :nope:
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:WTF WOULD YOU DO IT IN THE KITCHEN AND NOT OUTSIDE :nope:

cause the kitchen had a mirror and she could check her makeup and hair!
Thanks given by:
People are idiots... get rid of health and safety, reinstate darwinism
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:People are idiots... get rid of health and safety, reinstate darwinism

This, if you treat people like idiots then they tend to act like idiots, common sense seems to have all but gone in this country! We are a nation of morons
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:People are idiots... get rid of health and safety, reinstate darwinism

And we can all go and study the finches in the West Country ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Health and Safety is stupid in some cases, but in others it is pretty bloody valuable! I work in a really strict H&S culture and some of it is extreme, but you don't realise how much it protects you. Not all of it should be knocked.
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:Health and Safety is stupid in some cases, but in others it is pretty bloody valuable! I work in a really strict H&S culture and some of it is extreme, but you don't realise how much it protects you. Not all of it should be knocked.

I think you should be tested for Health and Safety ... if you've got common sense you'll only have to minimum training for difficult things ... if you've got none you have to be shown how to use a stapler, phone and photocopyer.

lol

Bloody idiots!
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
Megamonkey Wrote:
Kimmie Wrote:Health and Safety is stupid in some cases, but in others it is pretty bloody valuable! I work in a really strict H&S culture and some of it is extreme, but you don't realise how much it protects you. Not all of it should be knocked.

I think you should be tested for Health and Safety ... if you've got common sense you'll only have to minimum training for difficult things ... if you've got none you have to be shown how to use a stapler, phone and photocopyer.

lol

Bloody idiots!

I failed my photocopier competency test Sad

Not allowed in the printing room.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Bloody H&S, we have boot covers that we have to wear when entering homes so we don't get the carpets dirty. But H&S states that we can't wear them when travelling up and down stairs in case we, erm, slip. Someone care to explain how i'm supposed to get upstairs without removing my boots (H&S) and without wearing boot covers that I have to wear at all times?

TBF though some of the training was informative, albeit common sense. I'm at risk of Weil's Disease on a daily basis (aka Leptospirosis) that can pretty much shut down your organs within 24 hours if contracted. It's found in rat piss and as some work we do is underground there's usually rat piss around somewhere. It was still common sense though, would you stick your bare hand down a manhole and then eat your lunch without washing your hands? Quite.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:would you stick your bare hand down a man's hole and then eat your lunch without washing your hands? Quite.

Point well made ninja .
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
H & S is rediculous. If a light bulb blows in my work (care home for adults with learning disabilities) then I'm not allowed to change it. Have to call an electrician.
If the bus we use runs out of oil or screen wash or water I can't top it up. It has to be done by a garage. Can you Imagine how stupid I look when I rock up to the local garage and ask them if they can just top up the rad :/ bloody stupid
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Screen wash?!?!

That's a bit excessive...
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Exactly.... They think we might accidentally drink it or pour it in our eyes or something
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Exactly.... They think we might accidentally drink it or pour it in our eyes or something

Tbh they have solid grounds for believing that you may drink it:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/8...1=42010%0d
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Damn. That's pretty incredible
Thanks given by:
Btw. You need a new signature.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
I know. But my photoshop skillz are shocking
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:my skillz are shocking

Orly? :naughty:
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:I know. But my photoshop skillz are shocking
I'd make you one but my paint skills are shocking too Sad
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Glad I'm not the only person who is shit with photoshop lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:TBF though some of the training was informative, albeit common sense. I'm at risk of Weil's Disease on a daily basis (aka Leptospirosis) that can pretty much shut down your organs within 24 hours if contracted. It's found in rat piss and as some work we do is underground there's usually rat piss around somewhere. It was still common sense though, would you stick your bare hand down a manhole and then eat your lunch without washing your hands? Quite.

We have this with our outdoor in sheds as we back onto a canal. The thing is though, it's not just about washing your hands after, as if you have any cut/broken skin it can get into that too. Trying to educate our cleaners on how serious it is and that they need to wear gloves when taking out the rubbish is hard work!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Dreaded Pothole Strikes Again..... bodp553 9 2,007 18-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: bodp553
  Can anyone state my problem here reckord 33 4,313 02-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Grant
  Fuel Strikes Moonstone2.0 61 10,899 27-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Dave