Jimbos PH1 kingfisher Dturbo ☆turbo progress☆

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimbos PH1 kingfisher Dturbo ☆turbo progress☆
(29-06-2014, 08:02 PM)Connor Wrote: Not a fan of them personally, but whatever floats your boat

No worries mate, i knew not everyone would like them, i like them and i guess thats all that matters
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Update time again, few bits have happened over last few weeks. First and most importantly the bosch pump was fitted. Absolutely hated the lucas (obviously) there just utter crap. And now can run veg again when travelling any decent distance. However the increase in power/torque has now led to clutch slip. Mainly in 3rd/4th/5th so thats mork work needed. Just 'trying' to nurse it round for few weeks till can be assed to crack on.
Also have flushed and changed the oil/filter and coolant.

Next up it made it too pugfest ok. Not a bad drive up although weather wasnt ideal. There's some pictures floating around of it somewhere

And its been on two sets of wheels since last update ThumbsUp got the powdercoated white speedlines back that were originally on it. Love them just hate how quick they get dirty so i bought some anthracite cyclones off frosty which is what its currently sat on now. Opinions on wheel choice grateful as im so undecided
Cheers
[Image: DSC_0423.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0424.jpg]

[Image: PicsArt_1405837745686.jpg]

And a cheeky pic of the moonstone looking a bit sorry for itself
[Image: DSC_0436.jpg]
Thanks given by:
speedlines ftw. they suit a phase 1 better than cyclones imo
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, still unsure which i prefer.
The clones look good now the tyres are black properly.
The speedlines are win also but i hate cleaning them every two three days
Thanks given by:
Defo keep the cyclones on now, looks a beaut! Will be even better when front bumper is done Smile
Thanks given by:
I think the colour doesn't look half bad with the whole green/black colour scheme your rocking.

I'd keep the 'clones, keep 'em black too.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I give it a couple weeks before there is a different set on there Smile

has cleaned up really well from what it was like. Clutch still holding just?

what turbos have you been ebay surfing for then? Tongue
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 03:30 PM)silverzx Wrote: I think the colour doesn't look half bad with the whole green/black colour scheme your rocking.

I'd keep the 'clones, keep 'em black too.

There not black :/ but ill let you off as there a very dark grey Wink

But cheers i defo think they suit ThumbsUp

And mark, the clutch seems better somehow but ill still be changing it soon. Not been looking at turbos
But who knows if the Gt17 will be back ninja
Thanks given by:
With a working rpm gauge get yourself back on the rollers. Tongue
Thanks given by:
We'll see mate, may happen!
Thanks given by:
I think the gt 17 has to go back on easy Change and as mark said working rpm guage maybe 160 even more it did really shift
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Soooo, clutch still slipping
I dont know what it is i just haven't been too bothered too fix it. Need some motivation back!

Seriously contemplating putting my rebuilt lump in with the gt17 strapped too it. As thats got a new clutch in it hmmm Wink

Only thing done recently is tint the front indicators amber. Oh and some gti skirts are at the body shop being painted
Thanks given by:
Definately the speed lines mate. I never liked clones on a phase 1 tbh. And white is for the win, but you could always have the best of both and anthracite the speed lines.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
The speedlines were sold, im quite happy with the cyclones, for now anyway. Im a bit of a nightmare when it comes to wheels. But do regret selling the speedlines tbh Sad
Thanks given by:
Wheels come and go but 306s are for life
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I can sort of relate to that, as sad as it is ive owned around 8 306s. All 3 phases all being diesels
Thanks given by:
I speedines in white are like a charm on this car
Thanks given by:
Kingfisher with rebuilt lump, gt17 and good clutch WIN Wink
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2014, 02:00 PM)DougalDT Wrote: Kingfisher with rebuilt lump, gt17 and good clutch = Chronic WIN Wink

EFA Wink

be nice to have a working RPM gauge for the next Rolling Road session.
Thanks given by:
Gonna have to be done really isn't it. Tbh the t2 just doesnt cut it anymore haha.
Thanks given by:
Okay, more progress been made with this machine. Mainly just visual bits at the moment,

Firstly i have fitted some black angel eyes, think they tie in well with the whole black/green theme that ive accidentally acheived. Anyway only a few crappy fone pictures

[Image: DSC_0505.jpg]

Secondly i had sent some sideskirts off to be sprayed at the bodyshop. Must say he done an excellent job and it had only cost 60 quid Wink
Really makes the car look 100% better in my opinion

[Image: DSC_0506.jpg]

And last of all i have fitted the latest design of powerflex engine mount, diesel specific one and it has definitely improved gear change, thumping noise i used to get when coming on/off the the throttle hard and throttle response due to less.engine movement.
I had to remove the long shaft so i also replaced the gear oil at the same time, gotta try look after the poor car somehow.anyway a few pics

[Image: DSC_0509.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0510.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0511.jpg]

Still plenty to crack on with mind till i completely satisfied

Oh and the CLUTCH IS STILL SLIPPING ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2014, 09:10 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Still plenty to crack on with mind till im completely satisfied

Oh and the CLUTCH IS STILL SLIPPING ThumbsUp

You satisfied?! that'll be the day!

Does look better with the sideskirts, have you still got the bumper to do? perhaps matey will get the colour match on that right too. Smile
Thanks given by:
Yes mark, still need the bumper doing
Will be fairly tidy car then Wink

Hoping to get one off zakk as connors pinched my cherry red one ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
What's vibrations like with that new design powerflex mount?

Thanks given by:
Car looks great in this colour - wasn't sure on screen but in person it's ace,

white speedlines imo just suited it nicely Smile
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
[
(03-09-2014, 05:03 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: What's vibrations like with that new design powerflex mount?

Its actually not massively different tbh, it was horrendous with the 800rpm idle i had, but i just turned up to just shy of 1000rpm and its fine.

Agree john the speedlines were smart but i still like the cyclones
Thanks given by:
Never have any decent pics of my car i tried my best to take a few, phone camera only though.

[Image: DSC_0517.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0518.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0520.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0521.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0522.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0523.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0524.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0525.jpg]

Thanks for looking comments very welcome ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet! Paints come up nice mate, just need a front bumper now ey?
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, sort the front bumper and will be a fairly tidy motor.
Paint really deep colour when polished/waxed. Fairly lairy i love it Wink
Thanks given by:
love this colour Smile looks much better with those wheels on over the white speedlines. any plans power wise?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project. mcglynn 139 68,066 31-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Allistairc123
  My Nile 6' Project/Progress (New zorst vid pg.9) Midnightclub 329 124,856 19-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  Phase 1 Kingfisher "Queeny" loobie_lu 52 19,863 12-06-2017, 05:55 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard