Phase 1 Kingfisher "Queeny"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 1 Kingfisher "Queeny"
I know Bash has already started a thread somewhere about my car but I thought as I'm now a member I'd start my own one off [emoji4] (and as you can tell from the thread name I'm one of those sad people that name their cars... So here's Queeny!)

She's going through a bit of open heart surgery at the moment, getting a new turbo (swapping the k14 that's driving me mad for a gt15) a hdi gearbox and a new clutch as mine is pretty much dead.

Here's the progress made so far this evening
[Image: 49b2fc704ca7eb1891c40d4243814304.jpg]

I've also been complaining that my gear change is horrendous and other than the dying clutch we may have found the other culprit...
[Image: 4a9f0bbb694788a480fd3648452c5ff6.jpg]

Hopefully she'll all be back together again tomorrow but that just depends how motivated my mechanic is feeling [emoji6]
Thanks given by:
So this is still on the road. Some pf you guys saw it at fcs. Lus a happy lady tonight last drive out tomorrow before i take her off the road to be revamped for nect years show season. Keeping wverything original as possible is her prefrence. This will be updated loosly by me and the wife when we get time. [Image: b487d04ed0eb19a5b1734e0b8f4d56b0.jpg]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So lu starts the thread but doesnt update it. poor show!
Thanks given by:
He didn't give me a chance!!
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2016, 06:44 PM)Lady Bash Wrote: He didn't give me a chance!!

Lol year not long enough
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Yeah that, show some commitment!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

So it's come to the point that I need to make a decision about my seats... as you can see in the photos they're not exactly the best condition...
We've got an immaculate set of phase 3 d turbo leaf pattern seats here which could go in it but my aim with this car is to keep it as standard and original as possible. As this is only a sunny day and show car I feel like I need some great condition seats so it doesn't let the rest of the car down but on the other hand I don't want it to ruin the originality of the car by putting in the phase 3 seats.
Just after opinions really to help me choose!
Thanks given by:
Issue you will find is finding a set the same pattern let alone in decent condition, certainly be nicee to keep the seats same as original though.
Thanks given by:
just to throw my hat into this i said why not put them in untill you find a decent full set of phase 1 dturbo trim ones. not necessarily the same. of course this being my wifes car ill just do what im told though
Thanks given by:
It's gotta be the original green
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Chuck the ph3 seats in and try to get the originals professionally repaired?!?
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2016, 07:43 AM)thododd Wrote: Chuck the ph3 seats in and try to get the originals professionally repaired?!?

good idea!
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Really like the colour of this! Didn't realise they did the seats in green too, it would be nice to keep those in if you could.

Looking forward to more updates.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help guys! I think I'm going to stick with the green ones, and have a look into how much it would be to get them repaired (although I have a funny feeling this might be pricey...). With these getting rarer, especially the kingfishers, I'd like to keep it as it should be as the only other ones I've seen have all been changed/modified.
Might stick the phase 3 in there for the moment just to stop the tears getting any worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
You could use the material from the rear seats to fix the front ones anduse standard black cloth on the rears.
Thanks given by:
keep watching the faceache groups, someone will end up breaking one or will have a clear out of 306 parts.
Thanks given by:
Funny thing is I wonder how many sets of these have been scrapped over the years, everyone used to bin them off for 'Nice' seats back in the day!
Thanks given by:
So whats the damage pics etc on this? Update needed i believe!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yeah I heard a rumour this has been written off, knew they should have sold it to me Sad
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Don't panic guys this is still safely tucked up in the garage [emoji16] it's my other 306 that's been written off (by Bash not me I might add!! Haha)
Thanks given by:
about 300m from my house as well Tongue
Thanks given by:
Pics are definitely needed of the other one Wink

So whats the plans with 'Queeny' then?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2016, 10:35 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Pics are definitely needed of the other one Wink

So whats the plans with 'Queeny' then?

This is what the guy did to mine. Pretty superficial but the deep scratches cover both doors and the rear quarter so definitely a write off... even worse it was its last trip out before it was being scrapped!

Queeny is staying tucked up for a while as I save up some moneys for bits. Treated her to some new front indicators but yet to be put on (pics it follow when I do)
Hoping for a Christmas bonus from work to buy myself some standard d-turbo wheels to replace the cyclones to keep the standard look [emoji106]
Mainly she just needs a good old tidy up ready for FCS next year [emoji16]

Thanks given by:
nice and shiny and cheap those indicators aren't they? . . . . . . . you're welcome Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2016, 09:12 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: nice and shiny and cheap those indicators aren't they? . . . . . . . you're welcome Wink

Yeah massive thanks for that!! Just need better headlights now as the nice shiny indicators will make them look even more misty [emoji30] hopefully I can steal the ones off my now dead grey one as they're better than the ones currently on Queeny

Thanks given by:
(22-11-2016, 09:17 PM)Lady Bash Wrote:
(22-11-2016, 09:12 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: nice and shiny and cheap those indicators aren't they? . . . .  . . . you're welcome Wink

Yeah massive thanks for that!! Just need better headlights now as the nice shiny indicators will make them look even more misty [emoji30] hopefully I can steal the ones off my now dead grey one as they're better than the ones currently on Queeny

yes, I too now have the same problem lol, I did send Mr bash a link for brand new Lucas headlights for £17 each, was gonna get some but everything getting spent on kids bday and Christmas at the min Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm not even going to pretend that I've been working on the car tonight... Bash has been doing some work on it for me Smile
First fix was stopping my bumper constantly trying to escape from the car. We stole a bumper hanger from another one we had hanging around as mine lost one a while back. It will also be put back on properly when it goes back on after finding out it was attached by one bolt...

We also changed the indicators so they're nice and shiny instead of the horrible old cloudy ones. One fitted perfectly however the other required a bit of 'persuasion'; now just need some new headlights especially the nearside one which has a massive crack in it!

Bash also had a good look round the car and may have discovered some more rust... We knew about some of it but apparently there's now more! There's the standard patch in the rear wheel arch and some more, luckily all of which Bash can weld up for me Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thankgod you have the best boyfriend in the world. I wonder when the car will next leave the garage Tongue
Thanks given by:
There had to be a good reason to marry him! Haha [emoji23] The car could drive out of the garage right now, but due to lack of tax or mot would have to stop at the end of the drive...
Thanks given by:
If your after some new headlights i think i may have some brand new phase 1 headlights in my stores. I'll try and dig them out if you could be interested?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jimbos PH1 kingfisher Dturbo ☆turbo progress☆ Jimbo 122 30,976 22-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Last Post: mr_fish