306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Jimbos PH1 kingfisher Dturbo ☆turbo progress☆
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Went to pick up this little beauty today of Danny (garlicbread), has been of the road a year or two now.
Quite rare colour which i love, its got a heater matrix gone so first job is that, didnt pay a lot for it in the end. Have sold the wheels and coilovers already.
Got It back to frostys work today as that's where its living for a few weeks. Not too sure on plans as yet just see what happens.
My moonstone xud will be sold and ill be going over to this

Ph1 FTMFW

Few pics after a clean
[Image: DSC_0361.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0360.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0359.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0362.jpg]

Thats all folks!!
looking good, must be the season for the new car!
Can't wait to get started playing with this one with ya jimbo and my bloody hand still hurts from melting the jump leads starting this one yesterday
Yes im keen to start playing too, frosty got the dash out earlier as he was bored. Bit of a legend
That looks great Big Grin
Love this car, needs de stickering and front lights changing and some more wheel stance, but otherwise <3
Love this! I'd be inclined to get the phase 1 lights back also!
Right so as James has said we got this picked up yesterday and got it down to my work due to the fact its just down the road from where Danny had the car to and don't want to drive the car to far with the heater matrix pissing out coolant and no mot. So I think the plan is to get the heater matrix sorted and get it mot'd while its at my work.

So had nothing really to do this morning and the fact I just love working on 306s Smile I fort that I would help James out and make a start on the heater matrix which I didn't mind to much as I have done a few before and had the dash out of my Dturbo the other week so I knew where all the bolts to undo where etc. got all the scuttle and wiper motor stripped out. Could tell the car had been sat for a while due to all the leaves etc in the scuttle.

[Image: EC172597-23D0-419B-8524-3CC0F44A4F01_zps4ejkskmt.jpg]

Then set about the inside taking the centre consoles out and unbolting the steering column and dash. Once all that was done the dash come forward enough to get to the heater box

[Image: 1C156F3E-AAD4-4AE7-9445-56C9AFF205C4_zps4gxp2yl1.jpg]

[Image: 267F7281-62EA-4D94-B7F5-E049DFA8663C_zpsb14cfuww.jpg]

[Image: 44D1A2BA-B5FB-4172-9830-8B5612421FEF_zpsyk8lzvvd.jpg]

Now I could get to the heater matrix. I poss think it has had 1 before due to 1 bolt being missing holding the matrix in. Any way out come a sad looking matrix

[Image: 2EBD2564-80E2-41AA-846B-B16423B4B89B_zpsppbbk74o.jpg]

[Image: FFC8E66D-FE7F-41B0-8709-3D6476B9F0BC_zpstgmplvbs.jpg]

And that was as far as I got. Couple hours so I don't think it was to bad. James now needs to get a new matrix and then we will see about fitting it which will prob be after FCS.

Just a pic of mine car next to this 1 car

[Image: 9A68426C-AAF5-4943-960D-C84F27A3E110_zps6dx8qiis.jpg]

Glad to see James has bought this car though. Needs a bit of work but nothing he cant sort out and make this an awesome little car.
(01-06-2014, 08:54 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]Love this! I'd be inclined to get the phase 1 lights back also!

Yes, ive just got some ph1 rears and some twin optics for the front.

Cheers for the comments,

Darren the stickers on back will be coming off, i just hope they dont show up too bad where they have been on so long,

And cheers to frosty for being a hero, so f*cking keen when it comes to 306s, especially a ph1 Wink
Oh dear lord! What has happened to that matrix lol
Bit of rad-weld would of sorted that a treat! Tongue
Haha finally that choice of seat colour makes sense!

Pretty jealous btw, always wanted a 3dr kingfisher
Bit of an update is required on this really. Was away for FCS the other weekend so didn't get chance to do anything but made a start to get cracking with it on the Monday. Got the new matrix fitted back in after a bit of swearing which seemed to help. Heat box all bolted back in, then dash etc. So all bolted back in and of course a few issues. Brake light was staying on which was cuz i forgot to check the brake light switch was in when the dash went back in so sorted that and also the heater fan didn't work which turn out to be the motor not working from lack of use. When Mike and james popped over mike took the motor out and freed it up. Any way didn't get and pics of the dash going back in but it was pretty much all back together and Mike and James popped over last friday to try and get it all finished.

James had some hdi 266 brakes to fit as he had new discs and pads so we got them on with 1 slight issue as i was cleaning the hub threads for the carrier bolts with a thread chaser i managed to snap it off so had to get that out some how. Tried a few ways to get it out including some heat

[Image: 1EA03086-537A-4414-A29D-40BBD9254769_zpsf7ljxy1l.jpg]

In the end Mike welded a nut on and we got it out and got the brakes fitted. Jimbo checking the brakes are fitted correctly

[Image: FAF09490-1FCF-4BD9-B9AE-AF468109C6DC_zps598pywdz.jpg]

And mike was taking some pics of my legs while i was sorting the brakes

[Image: 1C2663E2-7494-42DD-9AA8-5302A7C5C028_zpsbxv8l2hq.jpg]

As the car had been sat of over a year it had some surface rust underneath and in the arches which Jimbo cleaned off and sprayed with some under seal to try and look after it

[Image: C434E279-FF33-4EA6-972D-D0DA321CB70D_zpsaounggw2.jpg]

I got James to wined the coil overs up a bit as couldn't get it on the mot ramp. Then went to drive it onto the mot ramp, james drove it up and down out side the workshop to bed the brakes in a bit and another issue, we had a bang and both wheels pointing into the middle. The inner rack joint had come out for some reason. So with a bit of effort got it back on the ramp to see what had gone on and seemed like someone had fitted an inner rack joint but used a washer they shouldn't of and damaged the threads on the joint bit. We couldn't really do much more so left it for the night.

Mike popped over again Saturday armed with another steering rack but threads looked fine in the steering rack so popped another inner rack joint on and made sure it was tight and screwed in ok. So Mike got that all sorted

[Image: 8A6BC87C-BA7A-4744-9B6C-D28DB500BC84_zpsnpds6iz9.jpg]

Also Mark popped over armed with his 'milkers' as usual and lent a hand and popped a tyre on

[Image: B5C5D73F-3709-4E9B-B8A3-3EA14E9A7FAB_zpsbdptn06k.jpg]

Got everything sort and got it MOTed. That morning i had popped to Southampton to pick up some ph1 gti6 half leathers and Jmaes was after some so sorted him out with some and fitted them. Gave it a clean while the seats were out.

[Image: 84A8871A-65C2-488D-8B4B-E7E11503D9DA_zpssjfvsojy.jpg]

[Image: EF06E40C-5F62-4C3A-A60B-FE10D2EA48A8_zpstmzq2pzc.jpg]

[Image: 76C8FCE8-5E39-45F2-A3CC-987DC390C996_zps1d2680tc.jpg]

[Image: 3595C3A9-E477-4EE5-9F35-4878ED5B516E_zpspw9drzpz.jpg]

Thats about it. We got it over to James's last night and im sure he will update with the plans/progress from now on Smile
Whos project is this? lol
It's the derv cultures project
(17-06-2014, 09:14 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Whos project is this? lol

Lol James's but im just sad and have no live so done a few bits on it to help him out.

I think my work ehre is done
The phase 1 gti seat really suit it

Great work on the matrix must of been a pig of a job
Yeah, ill take over the project now haha,
Its taxed and mot'd hopefully soon gonna fit the bosch setup of my ph3 xud. Get 'er boosting well
Then raise the back a tad shes a bit low mind Wink
Looking awesome love this car
Only fitting the bosch not the rebuilt motor?
Dont see many in this colour!

Good effort on swapping the seats for gti ones, those original seats made me feel a bit sick lol
(17-06-2014, 08:37 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]That morning i had popped to Southampton to pick up some ph1 gti6 half leathers

I like the fact you 'just popped' to Southampton. Tongue

(18-06-2014, 07:32 AM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Only fitting the bosch not the rebuilt motor?

Stock D8A block Tom...she's good for 190 ponies lol

Think James said he was going to keep this relitivly standard...can't see that happening though Big Grin

Colour is growing on me and fair play on saving it. Sort that front bumper out, bring the back up a bit and she'll be 'reet

picture I got while on the MOT ramp

[Image: D0A7478D-A9BC-49B0-AEA1-5C27E5201A2D_zpsivjvkkrv.jpg]

Couple of Phase Wins in the 'shop
Thats your MOT ramp?!
(18-06-2014, 12:18 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Thats your MOT ramp?!

I was stood on the MOT ramp...
Ahh, any advisories? Tongue
Is it a requirement to own a 306 to work at your garage? lol

Looks good though, think the colours growing on me tbh! Confused
Was advised on bottom joint, and some rust near the back of front subframe,
Not too bad considering its been sat up for nearly 2 years
All you need in that workshop now is a Cossack s16
(18-06-2014, 12:18 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Thats your MOT ramp?!

Hers one for you Conner that's the green one on frostys mot ramp and mine and his in the other 2 haveing a 306 day we were

[Image: 9D51BD41-5049-4882-B860-B71B8DFB7B57_zpswl5ywntk.jpg]
Unsure whether to keep ph1 rear lights for original win'ness
Or use the ph2/3 Rear lights??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5