MOT After Accident?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT After Accident?
After the accident Flux wanted to see the MOT, ViC test and an engineers report to insure me again.

Their reasoning for wanting a VIC test, which I have booked for 9th June, is shit as it's not needed til you transfer you ownership. They have received my other documents and have now said that they can't accept the MOT as it's dated before the accident.

This is now really pissing me off. I finally got them to let me use the car again last week after the moped shit itself, but only third party, not TPFT like I have paid for. It worked fine after I was hit, I was left driving around in it for 2 weeks til they gave me a hire car, and it still does as nothing mechanical was damaged.

Any advice? I know that's a bit of a mess up there.
Thanks given by:
If they budged so easily on letting you use it for a couple of weeks then keep on at them. They need to be consistent...

"If it is so unsafe that you need to see a new MOT, why did you give me insurance to drive it for two weeks?!"
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
They classed it as unroadworthy because either;

1. It was hit on the passenger door and b pillar so the door opened but not as freely as usual
2. Central locking wasn't working properly so the car couldn't be secured.

Now fully repaired with an engineers report to say it all works as should do, even with the words 'all bonnets, tailgates and door function correctly' on the report.

I'll give them a call and try as it's stupid that all this needs to be done.
Thanks given by:
Did they write the vehicle off? If so, which category?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious Accident to member Day666 13 3,128 06-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Lwilliams
  Ace Cafe Accident Niall 32 5,648 11-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Last Post: procta
  slight accident thebluepearl 22 3,963 25-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonpie