Ace Cafe Accident

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ace Cafe Accident
Those of you that know Ace well enough will know that they have battling with the police for a while now because of anti social behaviour in the area mostly people driving up and down the road outside far to fast or drifting the mini roundabout
Well now it looks like this could well be the final nail in the coffin for them Sad

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/a-reckl...ing-a-man/

Why is it a very small minority always have to ruin it for the rest of us!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
personally I cant see how they can be shut down for something that is happening on a public road!

will be such a shame if it gets closed as there is a lot of history surrounding the cafe and is a good place to visit for a petrol head Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(04-01-2016, 08:57 PM)cully Wrote: personally I cant see how they can be shut down for something that is happening on a public road!

will be such a shame if it gets closed as there is a lot of history surrounding the cafe and is a good place to visit for a petrol head Smile

Because if the cafe wasn't there, the meetings wouldn't happen. Although Ace don't condone the behaviour at all, they are indirectly the cause of it. Its a catch 22 situation though because short of telling drivers don't be a dick, what can they do? They have no control over what drivers do once they leave the cafe.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
would be an is200 driver wouldn't it
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
the guy got crushed. cant see any point where he died?
Thanks given by:
Who said he died?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I think thats the point. No one died so what's the fuss I think same trying to say. Doesn't excuse them being pricks though.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So someone needs to die before anything'll get done?!? Is that a bit like not getting home insurance until after your house has burned down? Its one way of doing it, but not exactly a preventative measure
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2016, 10:27 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I think thats the point. No one died so what's the fuss I think same trying to say. Doesn't excuse them being pricks though.

The fuss is that someones (well a few people) have been injured and several cars damaged because someone was acting like a tit. And its not uncommon that people do act like tits there which just ruins it for those of us who just want to go and look at cars, eat food and talk shite.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If they hadn't been working on a car in the road it would be just another in the perpetual string of accidents on the road outside. From the photos I'd say it's unlikely to have been considered a serious accident.

The thing that gripes me is most of the people drifting the roundabout and doing burnouts up and down outside the front aren't even customers. You never see them parking up afterwards and coming inside for some ribs and similarly you never see anyone coming out after ribs and doing a few laps of the roundabout before heading home.

Realistically it just needs a police enforcement camera outside to video them being cockwombles and send them a NIP in the post.
Thanks given by:
Aye, police should realise that and supply.. how the feck can the cafe control people's behaviour..

I hope the police see this as what it is, some twat driving applicable to being a twat and deal with him accordingly.. I mean they wouldn't be closing down a b and q if people raced up and down the road next to it
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
sad when people like that spoil it for others, Sunderland had a crack down years ago, with the "cruisers/ racers" at the time. They tend to play around south shields area and team valley,
Thanks given by:
Is200 driver -.-
Thanks given by:
Theres a video of it online now

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/what-is...fic-crash/

Utter f*cking bellend, that is the single worst piece of drifting I have ever seen, twaty shit-stained cuntbag.
Thanks given by:
It's always a few that ruin it for everyone, people are arseholes.

These things/places shouldn't need police prescence - I'm sure they've better things to be doing (like catching people with dirty numberplates or doing 2mph over the limit). People could just...be sensible... Confused I don't understand all the drifting/revving/popping/dragging that goes on at evening meets/cruises. Last one I went to was freezing and icy and twunts were using an icy corner in the middle of the parking area to drift, obviously lacking control most of the time. Needless to say I left quickly. Ruined the evening tbh.
Thanks given by:
ha thats crap. hardly even a drift.
Thanks given by:
What a moron. I could do better in a FWD car! lol
If that article is right though, im glad to hear they have got funding for cameras on the road. Hopefully providing they are blatantly clear they are there, it will calm all the dick heads down. Can hope even more that it will just deter them from going there full stop!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
the amazing point that has been made here is that the people who f*ck around arent the people who are there for the food and meet. I have never seen any of the motorbikes pulling wheelies or the cars drifting come into the cafe. I have been in cars drifting further up the road where there are no parked cars or people which is fair enough and I have also myself included left the cafe rather "enthusiastically" but never pissed around. It will be nice to see the place be more chilled out and less full of dickheads in the future.
Thanks given by:
Hide the cameras and make some cash off the retards who race in the streets.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
They could just make a large raised roundabout. Also is that a residential block right behind the "donut zone"?. Seems a bit of a silly place for it.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 08:21 AM)ozpug Wrote: They could just make a large raised roundabout. Also is that a residential block right behind the "donut zone"?. Seems a bit of a silly place for it.

They cant raise the roundabout because it is a massively industrial area and the articulated lorries would never get out the industrial estate if they couldn't get over the top of the roundabout.

I don't think the building on the corner is residential as everything around it is industrial and you wouldn't want to live there sandwiched between the north circular (main London ring road) which is at least 6 lanes wide at that point and constantly busy, Ace Cafe and one of the main railway lines out to the north of London which is at least 10 tracks wide carrying a tube line, freight, commuter trains and high speed trains (that you can hear over a mile away).

Traffic lights would help fix the issues at that roundabout.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2016, 12:07 AM)toseland Wrote: Aye, police should realise that and supply..  how the feck can the cafe control people's behaviour..

Ace can't but what they need to do is engage with the police.

Tell the old bill when they've got a meet going on thats previously attracted trouble, the plod can pop down and pick up the knobs in the act.

It doesn't need to happen too many times before word gets out that Ace Cafe isn't a place to drive like a lady garden.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2016, 09:22 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 12:07 AM)toseland Wrote: Aye, police should realise that and supply..  how the feck can the cafe control people's behaviour..

Tell the old bill when they've got a meet going on thats previously attracted trouble, the plod can pop down and pick up the knobs in the act.

It doesn't need to happen too many times before word gets out that Ace Cafe isn't a place to drive like a lady garden.

Ace Cafe DO engage with the police. They don't want these knob heads outside as they put off genuine enthusiasts like us and the knobs aren't paying customers.

In an ideal world yes, send a police car or 2 down every meet that has the potential for knob heads to turn up. Cost to the tax payer annually £100,000-£350,000 (based on 2-4 cops 5 nights a week).

There just isn't the spare police officers to sit down there of an evening or even for any sort of regular patrols. The evenings (6pm till 1am ish) are the busiest time for the police and although the number of police officers is vaguely the same in London the call volume is constantly going up. Couple that to the minimal number of traffic cops on duty at any point and there is no police officers available.
Thanks given by:
Can we send Chris there? He's plod and I'm sure he wouldn't mind more time at Ace Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2016, 10:36 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Ace Cafe DO engage with the police. They don't want these knob heads outside as they put off genuine enthusiasts like us and the knobs aren't paying customers.

In an ideal world yes, send a police car or 2 down every meet that has the potential for knob heads to turn up. Cost to the tax payer annually £100,000-£350,000 (based on 2-4 cops 5 nights a week).

There just isn't the spare police officers to sit down there of an evening or even for any sort of regular patrols. The evenings (6pm till 1am ish) are the busiest time for the police and although the number of police officers is vaguely the same in London the call volume is constantly going up. Couple that to the minimal number of traffic cops on duty at any point and there is no police officers available.

In a way it doesn't matter if the police do or don't show up, it's more about Ace cafe showing they are trying to solve the problem with the police.

If the police then try and shut the place down they can stand up in court, say they've engaged with the police attempted to get help but they haven't shown up to arrest people.

Any judge is going to take a very dim view on the police for that.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2016, 07:55 PM)r3k1355 Wrote:

In a way it doesn't matter if the police do or don't show up, it's more about Ace cafe showing they are trying to solve the problem with the police.

If the police then try and shut the place down they can stand up in court, say they've engaged with the police attempted to get help but they haven't shown up to arrest people.

They have shown that. Theres plenty of posters and signs about saying how they work with the police, shit wont be tolerated etc.
Issue is the guys who dick about on the road outside are very rarely visitors to the cafe. For some reason they just think its cool to show off their shit boxes outside!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-01-2016, 07:59 PM)Niall Wrote:
(07-01-2016, 07:55 PM)r3k1355 Wrote:

They have shown that. Theres plenty of posters and signs about saying how they work with the police, shit wont be tolerated etc.
Issue is the guys who dick about on the road outside are very rarely visitors to the cafe. For some reason they just think its cool to show off their shit boxes outside!

And in fairness the Police do show up, you see them driving past most times your there. Surprisingly people seem not to be being dicks when the Police are there. As for the Police arresting people, for driving without due care and attention, you really think that's proportionate, you can't even loose your licence for it?
Thanks given by:
I don't even care if they are clear.. still ducking stupid that people do it on a public road.. Like eeyore I drive in a spirited manner but still in a reasonably considered way unlike these twunts
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Just keep rinsing it until something happens.

In the meantime just consider all threats simply that, a threat.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
It's the same thing that killed the RR South Yorkshire meet. Knobs from Barnsley in Saxos who weren't even on the forum turning up doing handbrake turns and burnouts to impress their 15 year old girlfriends, and sad middle aged drift pricks showing off their "mad skillz" in the horrifically modified Japanese shite their mechanic built for them at great expense...

Next thing you know, there's police waiting at the gates before the meet and moving people on. Moved to another location, same thing happened after a few months.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious Accident to member Day666 13 3,068 06-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Lwilliams
  slight accident thebluepearl 22 3,841 25-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonpie
  MOT After Accident? bigcheez2k3 3 1,067 28-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Last Post: RetroPug