306 dturbo with 2.0 hdi conrods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 dturbo with 2.0 hdi conrods
get a bosch on, and have another turbo handy.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
will do padge thanks that's a nice white 306 is it urs wat bhp is it
Thanks given by:
Fair play for having a good crack at this mate, nice use of recycled bits too! Smile What head-gasket have you got fitted? Seems a multi-layer steel one is the only way to go or it simply won't last.
As others have said, get a Bosch on it and a front mount and have some fun, just don't get too greedy with the boost and fuel unless you have a bit of money to spend.
An exhaust gas temperature probe and gauge wouldn't be a bad investment either if you want things to last.
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2014, 10:13 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Fair play for having a good crack at this mate, nice use of recycled bits too! Smile What head-gasket have you got fitted? Seems a multi-layer steel one is the only way to go or it simply won't last.
As others have said, get a Bosch on it and a front mount and have some fun, just don't get too greedy with the boost and fuel unless you have a bit of money to spend.
An exhaust gas temperature probe and gauge wouldn't be a bad investment either if you want things to last.

lol ye I don't throw away any thing lol it can all ways be used thanks for the info ye its just the standed steel gasket lol going to have to get a boost gauge to are the 2.0 HDI conrods stronger than the xud ones lol wats your 306 spec lol
Thanks given by:
So far the HDI rods have been taking just over 200 bhp and 300 odd ft/lb of torque depending on which engine they are attached too. A boost gauge would be a good idea with the size of that snail you've got there lol.
No 306 for me at the mo but I've had a few over the years, also had a 205, couple of 405's and a ZX volcane. I was driving a 106 NAD till it got totally mangled just before xmas. VERY lucky to have got out of it!
I've been helping out ZX_Volcane on here with a bit of fabrication lately so have been lucky enough to experience just how well these things can go Big Grin Check out his thread if you haven't already.
Thanks given by:
Yeah its mine, dont now the bhp, not been on rolling road yet
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2014, 03:40 AM)Matt Wrote: Lot of people put the hdi rods in the xud as abit of price if mind.

Out if interest why Is it running a lucas? So much tuning potential from the Bosch pump and it would go better with the bigger blower

hi matt paddy here for sum reson it wont let me messge u back on privet lol bt any way I got all the bits and bobs at my work lol if it fitted it was welded lol yes all the bits and bobs are standard. so fare it has taken me 2 weeks on and off bt if I had of bean on it the full 2 weeks it would of bean finished by nw lol if u didn't live so fare away u could have used my welder and engine lol any way up this helps if you need any more info just let me no .........paddy.......... putting sum more pics up nw of the manifold and stuff so maybe that will help
Thanks given by:
you can't PM till you have 20 posts mate...all explained in that bright message at the top of your screen Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
interesting lashup

do like the 'just weld it on and see what happens' attitude Smile

id say crack on and see how it goes, best way to learn stuff
Thanks given by:
[attachment=14605][attachment=14606][attachment=14607][attachment=14608][attachment=14609][attachment=14610][attachment=14611][attachment=14612][attachment=14604]sum pics of the car and 2 intercoolers nt sure witch one to use yet lol sum pics of the manifold out of the car and sum random onez of a lot of turbos and engines at my work lol

[attachment=14613][attachment=14614][attachment=14615][attachment=14616]

(24-03-2014, 09:37 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: interesting lashup

do like the 'just weld it on and see what happens' attitude Smile

id say crack on and see how it goes, best way to learn stuff

lol its got to be done lol ye think that's the only way to do it wat turbo u runnin

(24-03-2014, 09:23 PM)Piggy Wrote: you can't PM till you have 20 posts mate...all explained in that bright message at the top of your screen Smile

lol thanks head was recked thinkin of why it woudnt do it lol
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2014, 09:40 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: lol its got to be done lol ye think that's the only way to do it wat turbo u runnin

a big 'un!
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2014, 09:50 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(24-03-2014, 09:40 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: lol its got to be done lol ye think that's the only way to do it wat turbo u runnin

a big 'un!

Just seen ur turbo hw mutch did the turbo cost lol and wat did that intercooler cum off lol looks like a nice fit .
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2014, 10:34 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Just seen ur turbo hw mutch did the turbo cost lol and wat did that intercooler cum off lol looks like a nice fit .

turbo is an expensive one, and intercooler is a generic universal jobbie, nice fit, but only just enough room behind the bumper

[Image: IMG_2805_zpse430d264.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Atleast you got spares at your work mate lol!!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I seem to remember that sprinter cooler is too big, fouls the lights, the iveco one is good though, just need to sit it forward a bit so you can get the angles right on the silicone. You're not putting that td04 on instead are you..? Sad
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-03-2014, 07:30 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote:
(23-03-2014, 07:12 PM)Matt Wrote: On my old car, I was running a Bosch pump with ground lda and gov mod, with a k14 it was making about 125-130bhp was pretty quick for stock stuff imo

On my new car I've got a Lucas pump and no idea what turbo, haven't been unde it yet, only had it a week lol.

I really want a gearbox mounted tdo4 not for big power, just for lols

think theres one of them at my work do they be on the old 2.5td shogun jeeps lol its say tdo4 on it so take it that it is lol are they water cooled as well its not that hard to gearbox mount lol if you have the patience lol

I wanna gearbox mount my turbos lol
Using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Nice amount of effort being put in.

As said, get a bosch & boost gauge on it and see how it goes.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2014, 11:27 AM)SupaStar88 Wrote: [quote='pioneer DJ paddy' pid='408577' dateline='1395603017']
[quote='Matt' pid='408562' dateline='1395601966']
On my old car, I was running a Bosch pump with ground lda and gov mod, with a k14 it was making about 125-130bhp was pretty

I wanna gearbox mount my turbos lol

Its nt to hard to do if u check out the my pics and see hw i done it wat turbo would u use dow lol

[quote='silverzx' pid='409484' dateline='1395755890']
Nice amount of effort being put in.

As said, get a bosch & boost gauge on it and see how it goes.

Thanks lol getting there slow going to see hw it runs on the other pump the think i will change it lol
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?thumbnail=14614

What's the firing order on these engines ?
Does anyone make off the shelf flanges for the exhaust ports ?

What's the deal with gearbox mount turbos and getting the drain back?
Do people use the stock drain back, or relocate it ?
Just thinking out loud about the routing as generally you don't want bends, shallow drain angles and so on.

Love the "pikey" approach. Make it work. Simples Smile
Thanks given by:
loving this project, just the way I like to see it ! redneck style Big Grin
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just how I would be doing it...

Awesome setup ideal place for spares too!
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 09:42 AM)nominous Wrote: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?thumbnail=1461

What's the deal with gearbox mount turbos and getting the drain back?
Do people use the stock drain back, or relocate it ?
Just thinking out loud about the routing as generally you don't want bends, shallow drain angles and so on.
Love the "pikey" approach. Make it work. Simples Smile

You just mount the turbo with the oil drain vertically down as poss and run it down the back to where it needs to go.
As for the angles, ZX_Volcanes has proven this type of setup will flow well enough for over 200bhp. A bit of KISS as you say :-)
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 11:31 AM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: As for the angles, ZX_Volcanes has proven this type of setup

That's good enough for me. Cool
Thanks given by:
Not sure what direction yet chap, either td or 25, but I want internal upgrades aswell, I'll be stripping to nothing and starting with re-homing block, upgrading pistons rods ect, aiming for 350-400 mark, gonna get it all done and then post a long project up, not gonna post before I've done it as it's gonna be done over a year Smile
Using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 03:24 PM)SupaStar88 Wrote: Not sure what direction yet chap, either td or 25, but I want internal upgrades aswell, I'll be stripping to nothing and starting with re-homing block, upgrading pistons rods ect, aiming for 350-400 mark, gonna get it all done and then post a long project up, not gonna post before I've done it as it's gonna be done over a year Smile

300 I think is gonna be 99% impossible on an XUD let alone 350-400.. only a handful have broken 200bhp and They didn't last for long lol
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 04:35 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(26-03-2014, 03:24 PM)SupaStar88 Wrote: Not sure what direction yet chap, either td or 25, but I want internal upgrades aswell, I'll be stripping to nothing and starting with re-homing block, upgrading pistons rods ect, aiming for 350-400 mark, gonna get it all done and then post a long project up, not gonna post before I've done it as it's gonna be done over a year Smile

300 I think is gonna be 99% impossible on an XUD let alone 350-400.. only a handful have broken 200bhp and They didn't last for long lol

That's because no one has ever gonna internal and upgraded most things Smile major of things to be done is pumps injectors and clutch and turbo, to see past the 250 mark you need to go more in depth with things and lighten replace and over size lol
Using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
You are going to need to spend soooo much money to get over 300bhp...

Better off starting with a 2.0 16v hdi imho
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 04:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: You are going to need to spend soooo much money to get over 300bhp...

Better off starting with a 2.0 16v hdi imho

This.. may aswell start by casting a new head lol
Thanks given by:
200 BHP is plenty for a 306/205/ZX chassis if you ask me!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2014, 04:51 PM)silverzx Wrote: 200 BHP is plenty for a 306/205/ZX chassis if you ask me!

V good point.

Along with the 350+ ft lbs of torque you could make...

In britain, even on track, you wont need anymore
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: