Diablo Hdi. Project speed! Up for sale!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diablo Hdi. Project speed! Up for sale!
It was but done a deal out side of ebay to save monies!
Thanks given by:
Where you at Underground in Wolverhampton? I live in Darlaston! :-)
Thanks given by:
Pennfields.
Thanks given by:
Looks really smart Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2014, 11:46 AM)underground375 Wrote: Pennfields.

Anywhere near Darlaston? Lol

(Edit)

You're 15 minutes from me, lol
Thanks given by:
After 5 days of owner ship. Following problems.

Thing wobbles like hell in low rpm or pulling off, either a mount or drive shaft, The clutch cable doesn't engage all the time. throttle cable is stiff. Loss of power. exhaust is a big bodge, of different size pipes. The bottom crank pulley is wobbling, aux belt about to snap. Ticking injector, and a boost leak. The new one for today is a noise coming from the turbo at high rpm like a bearing is worn. Oh and the bonnet looks like is been used as a bed for the wrong reasons.

That doesn't include the stupid ride height and worn steering wheel Wink
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you've had fun with it then dude, lol, repair it or you need any help with it come pick me up if you want, PM me and I'll send you my address, anything to help a fellow 306 owner Smile
Thanks given by:
Set of good drive shafts off a hdi or gti6 would be good and a good top engine mount just incase Wink
Thanks given by:
Couple of cables, a pulley and belt, find what mount is buggered...
and its sorted.

Sounds like typical modern car owner who thinks he knows how to maintain his car coz he wicked with the turtle wax type owned it before you
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2014, 10:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: Couple of cables, a pulley and belt, find what mount is buggered...
and its sorted.

Sounds like typical modern car owner who thinks he knows how to maintain his car coz he wicked with the turtle wax type owned it before you

He did say he changed a drop link :o, now I have one metal type to one plastic type, So got myself new ones =\, He did get the wheel powder coated tho so must of maintained the car well ! Undecided
Thanks given by:
How many of those issues were present when you bought it and how many have developed since?

If they were present when you bought it then why buy it given that I'm assuming from what you wrote that it wasn't particularly cheap, and if they've subsequently appeared then it's perhaps a little unfair blaming the previous owner if the faults weren't obvious under their ownership - assuming of course that they weren't covered over in order to hide them to an unsuspecting buyer.

Still, as said, doesn't sound like there's anything too majorly untoward that wouldn't easily be sorted in a weekend and otherwise looks like a tidy example (and far better for having sorted that silly raised bonnet) Smile
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Let me drive it at the meet, I'll show you how to wreck a car, lol, ask Nik who I'll be with (Fiance) how many cars I've had and destroyed in the 2 years I've been driving gotta be about 6 of my own and about 9 of everyone elses, lol
Thanks given by:
Little update. Before the big one. Went out today and picked up a solid crank pulley. also sprayed my wipers . My 40mm springs come in the post today so the car will be lifted off the ground over the weekend. SO there will be some good up coming updates in the next few days or so . Smile

[attachment=13717]

[attachment=13718]
Thanks given by:
Turns out the crank pulley been off balance would be coursing the wobble at low rpm.

Cba with it so selling. £800 buy its. Will come with the solid crank pulley and a new set of drop links. Also got a ph3 spoiler which will go with it. Fresh 6 months tax costing £124.
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2014, 12:39 AM)underground375 Wrote:
(17-02-2014, 10:48 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: I really like this car. Awesome work there.

Were the first pic's taken on the road where Joes breakers yard is in Bilston?

Oldbury breakers yard in Birmingham far as I no Smile

His yard is actually in Oldbury Smile that's why it's called Oldbury something or another Tongue
Yes abit late to the thread I know Smile

Gutting news mate! I did warm you didn't i, the car I bought from him had problems and I spent that much on it but it still needed bodywork doing so I sold to rtha8:77436£ (some random numbers) Tongue on here and he's got it looking nice!
Sorry to hear the news though mate
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 11:05 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote:
(18-02-2014, 12:39 AM)underground375 Wrote:
(17-02-2014, 10:48 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: I really like this car. Awesome work there.

Were the first pic's taken on the road where Joes breakers yard is in Bilston?

Oldbury breakers yard in Birmingham far as I no Smile

His yard is actually in Oldbury Smile that's why it's called Oldbury something or another Tongue
Yes abit late to the thread I know Smile

Gutting news mate! I did warm you didn't i, the car I bought from him had problems and I spent that much on it but it still needed bodywork doing so I sold to rtha8:77436£ (some random numbers) Tongue on here and he's got it looking nice!
Sorry to hear the news though mate

Ye ill got round his flat and egg it like the good old day sBig Grin
Thanks given by:
That's you not coming to the meet then mate or want picking up to go? Lol, if you want picking up I'll take a detour to come get you, I don't mind!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 40,700 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
Rainbow Diablo 306 HDi Project dhdcdarchy 80 20,623 28-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 39,991 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191