Changing heater matrix...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing heater matrix...
Hi all,

This weekend i will be attempting to change the heater matrix in my d-turbo.

Have looked through the guides section on here and cant seem to find one, is it really that bad? I know its not a small job by any means but im not afraid to get the spanners out myself. More wondering if theres anything i should be looking out for or any usefull hints / tips?

Matt
Thanks given by:
http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=78999
Thanks given by:
I got my dash out and then went.... nahhh. KrisB did it for cheap and it took under 2 hours!
Thanks given by:
AHA! there is a guide! Thankyou very much Curt i shall be following that then Smile

Looks like another weekend in the shed spannering peugeots lol oh the joys!

SRowell If i didnt live in deepest darkest mid wales i would probably pay someone to do it for me, as it is however i despise paying someone to do something i could do myself with a little effort for free.

Matt
Thanks given by:
Just done this myself, using that guide to help, it's not terrible but it takes time, I did it over 2 days, bagged and labeled all screws and bolts, good practice Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
No worries man, always helps to have something to follow Smile
Thanks given by:
New matrix arrived today so looks like thats my saturday and sunday sorted lol

Thanks again curt Smile

Matt
Thanks given by:
I did mine a few weeks ago it took me a couple of days. There are two guides on the Gti6 site they are listed in there FAQ index I used both. My biggest problem was the car wouldn't start when I finished, I had to get the dealer to reprogram the Imobiiizer it's good now no rattles and a heater that works.Make shore you clean out. the box that the matrix fits in mine had a lot of sludge in the bottom of it, and be careful with the cables that attach to the heater controls they are a bit hard to handle because they are springy. I took heaps of photos as I removed things and they really helped when I was putting it back together.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heater matrix flush Ben_w 3 1,533 02-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  heater matrix swap jayspug86 32 7,857 06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jayspug86
  Heater matrix DeeTurbo 10 2,354 06-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Last Post: londondan86