306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Changing heater matrix...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

This weekend i will be attempting to change the heater matrix in my d-turbo.

Have looked through the guides section on here and cant seem to find one, is it really that bad? I know its not a small job by any means but im not afraid to get the spanners out myself. More wondering if theres anything i should be looking out for or any usefull hints / tips?

Matt
I got my dash out and then went.... nahhh. KrisB did it for cheap and it took under 2 hours!
AHA! there is a guide! Thankyou very much Curt i shall be following that then Smile

Looks like another weekend in the shed spannering peugeots lol oh the joys!

SRowell If i didnt live in deepest darkest mid wales i would probably pay someone to do it for me, as it is however i despise paying someone to do something i could do myself with a little effort for free.

Matt
Just done this myself, using that guide to help, it's not terrible but it takes time, I did it over 2 days, bagged and labeled all screws and bolts, good practice Smile
No worries man, always helps to have something to follow Smile
New matrix arrived today so looks like thats my saturday and sunday sorted lol

Thanks again curt Smile

Matt
I did mine a few weeks ago it took me a couple of days. There are two guides on the Gti6 site they are listed in there FAQ index I used both. My biggest problem was the car wouldn't start when I finished, I had to get the dealer to reprogram the Imobiiizer it's good now no rattles and a heater that works.Make shore you clean out. the box that the matrix fits in mine had a lot of sludge in the bottom of it, and be careful with the cables that attach to the heater controls they are a bit hard to handle because they are springy. I took heaps of photos as I removed things and they really helped when I was putting it back together.