Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
heater matrix flush
#1
Guys,

if you've seen my resto thread, you'll know things dont look great from a matrix point of view....

going to try flushing it first. Planning on doing so with a gentle flow of water backwards through the matrix. Question is, which of the matrix pipe attachments do I need to feed the water into. The one nearest the drivers side or passenger side?


[Image: IMG_20160417_144933_zpsd4erkgq0.jpg]
[Image: WP_20160730_12_41_10_Pro_zps7cjcoaps.jpg]
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
#2
I'm guessing it doesn't matter dude, although if you want to back flush I think you need to go up the right one Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
#3
Cheers Matt,

confirms what I was thinking
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
#4
Ben, if you reattach the pipes, then you can connect a hose pipe straight in to the pipe, flush at a higher pressure and flow rate thus getting more shit out.

Also with this method you can see if the matrix is leaking still.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  heater matrix swap jayspug86 32 17,563 06-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jayspug86
  Heater matrix DeeTurbo 10 5,945 06-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Last Post: londondan86
  Changing heater matrix... Matt-Rallye 7 4,387 05-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Mikey

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)