205 GLD Sleeper :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 GLD Sleeper :)
Messing with turbo again today

[Image: DSC_0398_zpsk5jbfyv5.jpg]

3 inch v-band welded to it straight instead of pointing towards the engine, Terrible welding but if it holds ok its all good Wink also swapped to td04 actuator as the t2 arm wasn't long enough, Pretty much finished now tbh just waiting for my mate to take it to work and drill and tap the cold side for a take off point for the pipe for actuator, The standard t2 oil line fits it just need to check return oil line.

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
woh....did you do that welding with your eyes shut!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 02:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: woh....did you do that welding with your eyes shut!?

lol yer something like that, I did say crap welding but what's it matter as long as it holds (gave it a good few hard hits with a big lump hammer) I'm no professional not trying to be only been welding for about 2 hours if that, I'm sure I will get better with time Smile

Thanks given by:
Isnt that cast aswell?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I'd say that's a good effort at welding mate say how long you been at it cast is a bitch to weld at best of times
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 04:10 PM)Tom Wrote: Isnt that cast aswell?

Yer cast to mild steel, watched lots of you tube videos before I decided I would give it ago my self.

(30-01-2014, 04:20 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I'd say that's a good effort at welding mate say how long you been at it cast is a bitch to weld at best of times

Thanks Smile personally don't think it's to bad if I flattened it out with grinder would look better but don't need to look good just needs to hold the exhaust lol

Thanks given by:
as long as it holds, who cares what its going to look like.
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 08:58 PM)procta Wrote: as long as it holds, who cares what its going to look like.

This is true not making out I'm a professional and gotta learn some were Big Grin

Just looking at exhaust pipe, bends etc on eBay think 3inch to about mid car then down to 2.5 inch in to 1 silencer should be ok with that? Or is the pipe to big?

Thanks given by:
ill have a lovely pic of my complete turbo shortly Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 01:47 AM)padge Wrote: ill have a lovely pic of my complete turbo shortly Smile

About time Wink

Thanks given by:
this built up yet Big Grin

looking good mate wil be a awsome little car when your done
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 08:30 AM)ash23 Wrote: this built up yet Big Grin

looking good mate wil be a awsome little car when your done

Ha ha! No mate skint from buying bits all time getting there slowly tho Smile hopefully be fun once its done all tho 205 xud's are becoming very common Undecided might have to put engine in something else eventually Wink

Thanks given by:
chris the retro sleeper is in now, i think i started that off on the 306 forums 5 years ago,
Thanks given by:
So getting really fed up with this every time I go near it piss's me off abit more Angry don't no if I can be arsed to finish it.... Some one give me good spirit to push me along to finish this

Thanks given by:
What problem(s) have you got that's stopping progress?
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
theres a parcel on the way with bits for it Chris Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Still sorting turbo thought I had it sussed but I haven't oil return don't fit, high pressure pipe don't fit (not long enough) so that means I'm gonna have to get one made up more money, at some point I've got to draw a line on the spending on this, it ows me over £1000 already and still no we're near finished.

I'm gonna have a think about it over next few days really want to see it finished but every time I think of how much I've spent I could have bought something nice or paid some debts of or something more productive....

Thanks given by:
Chris, back off with the engine bay side of things, do something else, maybe the interior?
Thanks given by:
Dont give up!
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
just fyi...i been browsing for a 205 for a car for the mrs...and there are many 205s with little or no tax/mot going on ebay for well over £500...bashed about 5dr one with couple weeks mot/tax just sold for £430 and theres a 1.8gld up for £650...

so dont be so hard on yourself for how much it owes ya...itll be worth it...

search for jenks, he doing cheap oil lines Smile oil return is easy to sort
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Know how that feels, with the 206 I spent out quite a bit. Thats why I lashed up a few bits as I didn't know if it would work. Then if it does, spend out and do the job properly. I'd say keep at it but in the long run its your decision.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2014, 05:15 PM)procta Wrote: Chris, back off with the engine bay side of things, do something else, maybe the interior?

Nothing to do inside we'll not that I can think of mount gauges if I can find some were and wire them in that's about it really. Its engine that main thing that needs doing.

(03-02-2014, 05:17 PM)Piggy Wrote: just fyi...i been browsing for a 205 for a car for the mrs...and there are many 205s with little or no tax/mot going on ebay for well over £500...bashed about 5dr one with couple weeks mot/tax just sold for £430 and theres a 1.8gld up for £650...

so dont be so hard on yourself for how much it owes ya...itll be worth it...

search for jenks, he doing cheap oil lines Smile oil return is easy to sort

Let's be fair when its done and I've put another £300/500 in it what's it gonna be worth with this spec? £700/900? Max I no you dont get your money back from modding but alot of money to throw away.

(03-02-2014, 05:17 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Know how that feels, with the 206 I spent out quite a bit. Thats why I lashed up a few bits as I didn't know if it would work. Then if it does, spend out and do the job properly. I'd say keep at it but in the long run its your decision.

Think I'm gonna get it finished cheap as poss then see what it goes like if I fall in love with it might sort it all out right while running it. I have no faith in my building tho if it runs I will probably die of shock lol

Thanks given by:
So deiced to get a few bits done main thing was this turbo cracked the blow torch out after alot of swearing heating the pipe and bending it finally got the return to fit all be it extremely tight! Also went and got oil line made up....

[Image: DSC_0410_zps6cttedio.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0409_zpscdgg0lkq.jpg]

So its almost done just need to drill and tap the cold side for the take off point for the actuator and drill and tap a hole for last bolt on actuator bracket then it can be put back together.

Also put water pump, engine mounts, tensioner, idler pulley on, so just waiting on me to have money to get head sorted then will almost have a complete engine lol

So slowly getting there Smile

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Nice work chris
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
progress!! keep going!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys slow but sure will get there all tho not doing to much as done my back in again making that dog thing yesterday lol

Thanks given by:
(05-02-2014, 05:09 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Thanks guys slow but sure will get there all tho not doing to much as done my back in again making that dog thing yesterday lol

best to take your time, rather than rush it, as you will have f*ck ups! also when things don't go right. back off and have another crack at the next day, as things will be better next day. plus it stops things going from bad to worse!
Thanks given by:
Yer I'm not rushing only have a about 1/2 hours on it a day about 1hour of that is spent looking for tools on the shed floor really need to sort it out. But not much will happen with this unless ive got the parts as skint now, and there's no rush plan is end of April to be mot'ed by And tax it first of may hopefully some temporary insurance make sure it's all ok then when insurance runs out swap it off 106 to this. That's the plan anyway.

Thanks given by:
couple of updates

Fitted anti roll bar (waiting on getting some drop links tho)

[Image: DSC_0412_zps4ug1la47.jpg]

Then see if the fans a bought will fit

[Image: DSC_0411_zps8ajscgnf.jpg]

Just fit so that was lucky.

Then looked at making some way of mounting the radiator all tho im not overly convinced with it im almost sure i will run in to issues with the oil filter hitting it!

[Image: DSC_0414_zps8trdngaf.jpg]

Oh and why i mounted that i set it on fire

[Image: DSC_0413_zpsgaenyazm.jpg]

Thats it for now........

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
I love how, while a fire occured, you had time to get ya phone out n take a pic!!! Rofl
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  theodore the xud turbo sleeper. pugmanxud 51 8,013 22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  205 DT sleeper - boosting video pg10 and pg11 ginge191 466 261,251 29-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Phase 1 sigma sleeper pug_dturb 3 2,114 21-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: pug_dturb