Mintex 1144s

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mintex 1144s
Where do you get them from? Ive seen them on ebay, but I was hoping that I could get some cheaper on trade and parts dept. in work have so far struggled to find someone to supply them
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got mine from this place: http://www.finishlineukltd.co.uk/

A lot cheaper than I could find anywhere else, about half the price. For the Mazda this was though... Might be worth a phone call to see if they can get them. Great service too.
Thanks given by:
I think mine came from eBay, and were cheapest I could find at the time.

They're pretty amazing when you get some heat in them.

Also warped two sets of discs with them, so something to bear in mind there. Currently on standard pagid discs.

tbh though I've never got the brakes biting amazingly well on this car, last ZX I had with gti-6 calipers and 1144s would put your face through the windscreen no bother Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well only running 266s and hopefully paired with some brembo max discs, I hope heat wont be an issue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Far better pads available for the money

Try some carbon Lorraine pads

Or my favourites
Pagid rs 4 2 blue
Thanks given by:
Got any links? Or where to buy?
Thanks given by:
Rally design used to be cheap for 1144's.

Far cheaper than CL's or Pagids, about half the price usually.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Bit of a bump on this, just to see if anyone knows any cheaper options than the £70 ones on ebay?
Thanks given by:
Camskill. Might take a while to find but they are on there.
Thanks given by:
Cheaper on ebay, already stumbled across those but cheers
Thanks given by:
Whats better 1144 or 1155's?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2014, 07:44 PM)Curt Wrote: I got mine from this place: http://www.finishlineukltd.co.uk/

A lot cheaper than I could find anywhere else, about half the price. For the Mazda this was though... Might be worth a phone call to see if they can get them. Great service too.

Seriously, phone this bloke. He will get them in for you if you can provide the part number.

Phone him up (Chris) as he is a very helpful chap. He'll be fitting my tyres this weekend coming...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2014, 11:37 PM)Connor Wrote: Bit of a bump on this, just to see if anyone knows any cheaper options than the £70 ones on ebay?

I would be curious too...£70 seems so much for a set of pads...
Is there not a middle ground fast road/track pad for a little less?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
£70 is the cheap end, all other listings are £90 and even more expensive for the other 266mm pads

Cheers curt ill give them a try, no idea how I missed your post first time round
Thanks given by:
£70 is less than ive ever paid for them, get them bought. Ferodos cost me £140
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 09:01 AM)7057sam Wrote: Whats better 1144 or 1155's?

Depends on what you want it for?

1144s are considered the 'Fast-Road' pad, the 1155s a hotter compound and a 'Trackday' pad. 1144s not too bad but 1155s will be a touch un-nerving first press of the pedal although I have no experience of the latter.

I had a set of 1144s on the 205. Excellent for road, faded on the 'Ring and dumps brake dust. Went for Yellowstuff on the 205 and they're superb (absolutely shite from cold though).
Thanks given by:
No help to you nut my 1144 are only £50 if that. 4 pots brakes equal cheaper replacements.

I think you have found the best price, gti ones are £90 from memory.
Thanks given by:
Well the lady at finishline was really helpful, but there is an 8week lead time on the ones I was after. They were however cheaper than the ones I found on ebay so if it wasnt for how long they would take id have bought them
Thanks given by:
Well bollocks, just double checked my pad type and its the even more expensive type, another phonecall to finishline tomorrow it is
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mintex discs and pads opinions Nathan1305 16 3,278 13-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Last Post: PartyJas
  Mintex Brakes ct-hdi 6 1,500 04-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  eBay mintex discs lolsteve 22 3,633 06-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Last Post: lolsteve