Sad heater Blower

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad heater Blower
Hi my heater blower is dead, 2000 phase 3 cabriolet 2000se auto with ac, so far i have checked the fuses & relays, changed the blower & resistor, changed the heater control unit, cleaned & refitted all the earth points i could find, pushed as many plugs & sockets together as found, still dead, the only thing working on the heater unit is the two small lights when i turn the lights on, every other electrical thing works on the car except blower,ac, temp control,
any help from all you 306 bofins??
Thanks given by:
All i can say is have you tested the motor on the bench? Any chance you got a duff resistor?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 06:44 PM)Tom Wrote: All i can say is have you tested the motor on the bench? Any chance you got a duff resistor?

purchased one from a breakers & hot wired it & it runs, would it still run if the resistor was dead? the resistor is attached to the bottom of the blower powered from a jack plug with large brown & black wire & a small wire in the middle. tested the wires at the blower all dead??
Thanks given by:
One should be constant 12v with ignition on. And then the other should be earthed with different levels of resistance depending on fan speed.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 07:41 PM)Tom Wrote: One should be constant 12v with ignition on. And then the other should be earthed with different levels of resistance depending on fan speed.

Hi team Tom,
could not find any wires with 12v The brown wire had 3.5v with ignition on, the only other live wire to the heater control unit is with the head lights on the two little lights come on in the control unit.
Thanks given by:
I meant the wires that plug into the blower motor itself.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 06:13 PM)Tom Wrote: I meant the wires that plug into the blower motor itself.

No power at the blower at all.
Thanks given by:
Got a wiring diagram for it? Maybe the fuse blown between all the other repairing?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 07:21 PM)Tom Wrote: Got a wiring diagram for it? Maybe the fuse blown between all the other repairing?

Not a wiring dig for it i don't think? fuses checked all look ok, would the feed to the blower go via a relay? the relays look ok & i have changed them with a replacement set anyway, because the ac has stoped could it hav a safety device that shuts it all down? might try a direct feed to the brown wire at the blower & see what happens?
Thanks given by:
If theres no 12v to the blower thats your problem. Have you checked the earth wire to the motor? Im pretty sure the blower has a big fuse, not sure if it goes through a relay or not :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 09:22 PM)Tom Wrote: If theres no 12v to the blower thats your problem. Have you checked the earth wire to the motor? Im pretty sure the blower has a big fuse, not sure if it goes through a relay or not :/

Hi Tom, 100% my problem with no power at the blower, earth's been checked, would the blower have power all the time with the ignition on? or only when you turn on the heater control unit? as the hcu has very thin wires i am sure that the hcu sends a voltage to a relay that in turn fires up the blower?
Thanks given by:
Im pretty sure thats when they start working. Bear in mind my experience is with phase one's not phase 3's so they could be different!
I would of thought it comes on with ignition, dont the phase 3 ones with auto stay on all the time? I think some of them dont turn off.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tom's right, the phase 3s with AC constantly have the blower running at low speed with ignition on, might even be accessories position as well tbh. So you should be getting voltage there.

I wouldn't be surprised if yours has burnt out at the white plug further down the brown wire, I can't remember where that plug is in relation to anything though as I had stripped the dash out when I found it.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 09:52 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Tom's right, the phase 3s with AC constantly have the blower running at low speed with ignition on, might even be accessories position as well tbh. So you should be getting voltage there.

I wouldn't be surprised if yours has burnt out at the white plug further down the brown wire, I can't remember where that plug is in relation to anything though as I had stripped the dash out when I found it.

Hi Tom, sounds like it could be my problem checked the blower again it has a thich red & black wire & a thin green all three dead with the ignition on? trying to locate which relay suplies power to the blower, all the fuses are ok. is it a dash out job to find that white plug? or is it visable thtough the control/radio hole?
Thanks given by:
As said I really couldn't say where it was as the dash was already out before I found it I'm afraid.

Also there is a relay for the heater panel, I think its a green one on the phase 3, one of the top two, but I'm not totally sure which one. it'll be easier to check those first though.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2013, 09:39 AM)Toms306 Wrote: As said I really couldn't say where it was as the dash was already out before I found it I'm afraid.

Also there is a relay for the heater panel, I think its a green one on the phase 3, one of the top two, but I'm not totally sure which one. it'll be easier to check those first though.

Hi all good news have blower working again with hot air,ac,lights & all.
bad news not sure what i have done, hot wired the blower fan turned on ignition & the fuse blew, switched off replaced fuse, took out hot wire & turned on & off it went like a train all working as it should do.
im thinking a relay or switch or somthing was stuck & the hot wire sorted it out?
Thanks given by:
Maybe the blower was a bit stiff then? Either way fixed is good news, well done dude!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2013, 01:37 PM)Tom Wrote: Maybe the blower was a bit stiff then? Either way fixed is good news, well done dude!

Sure fixed is good Inlove but not knowing why is a shame,Angry the blower was not stiff because i have two & swapped them about & run them on the bench as a test.
I just hope it's fixed for good?
Thanks given by:
Pfft its a Peugeot, the best bit about owning one is knowing it could explode at any moment.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater blower issues Dturbo john 5 2,650 13-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Heater Blower Issues MY95 7 3,278 06-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Heater blower problem Pingaz 7 2,283 04-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Pingaz