2.2 Dimma Hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.2 Dimma Hdi
Great to see some progress on tnis mate. Top work, respray looks top quality, how much was it if you dont mind me asking?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Right starting to run into problems now, first all heat wrapping the manifold isnt going to happen as it is just far to tight to get heat wrap round some parts and just ends up looking a mess!! Secondly I sent my driveshafts off to be be refurbished as one of the inner cv joints is damaged, but they said they wouldnt touch them as they have been welded and do not want responsibility if anything goes wrong, when I got home and opend up the boxes found that they had 4 new boots on but the damaged bearings looked worse and so did the casing that the sit in!!

(02-10-2012, 07:38 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Great to see some progress on tnis mate. Top work, respray looks top quality, how much was it if you dont mind me asking?

It cost 2.5k this included a new bonnet, doing the wheels and the colour ended up being quite transparent so required a lot of coats!
Thanks given by:
Is it an ml5 gearbox?
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's the gearbox from a 2.2 hdi, can have a look for a number tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Will be an ml5 box then.

Plenty of driveshafts around to nick the cv's off, not to sure what will be going on with the length of them though, as i doubt the 406 ones go straight in, hence why the creators of the engine conversion welded some shafts together.

The outer cv's need to be swopped for the 306 ones aswell.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nowt wrong with welded shafts as long as they are done properly and balanced
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was going to get another 406 shaft and just change the cv over, but the splines on the shaft are also damaged, and yeah the 406 driveshafts are too short!

[Image: IMG_0312.jpg]

Came across another little problem today, although this was my fault, the thermostat housing is snapped in two where I done the strap up too tight holding the cover over the engine!

[Image: IMG_0310.jpg]

Gave the brake servo a quick paint as it was looking a bit rusty!!

[Image: IMG_0305.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0306.jpg]

Gave the calipers a paint, just need to buy the brembo stickers now

[Image: IMG_0309.jpg]

And also removed the rear beam
Thanks given by:
Does it just have spacers on the rear?
Thanks given by:
no, its built into the wheel
Thanks given by:
epic build!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Update time!

I have a xsara vts steering rsck which arrived today!

Some solid beam mounts on the way!

The rear beam has been completely stripped, most of it is now painted and should be back together this week with 21mm tb's, a hybrid arb and gaz shocks!

Arches should be getting schutzed this week too!

I also have an act gauge for keeping an eye on charge temps

The turbo should also be finished getting refurbed this week!
Thanks given by:
Little bit of an update and a few pics.

Got the old steering rack out, took all of about 5 mins!

Then the fun started! first of all the track rod ends where quite tight but managed to get them about!

Then the adaptors where seized rather tight! Took a long time of soaking, heating and a lot of force and eventually freed them up!

Then tried to free off but lock nuts, one of them wasnt to bad, but the other one was so seized it eventualy stripped threads off the adaptor!

So have now got a new adapter on order at the price of £40!!!

ACT Gauge:

[Image: IMG_0316.jpg]

Front Hubs Painted:

[Image: IMG_0317.jpg]

Beam prepped:

[Image: IMG_0315.jpg]

Beam painted with new bearings and seals:

[Image: IMG_0323.jpg]

Tosion bars painted:

[Image: IMG_0318.jpg]

Reconditioned Turbo:

[Image: IMG_0321.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0320.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mmmmm shiny parts!

Where are you going to mount the ACT gauge? And what benefit will knowing the ACT be of to you? Got me curious...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
o m f g this is reallly nice lol wanna swop lol
Thanks given by:
Ive got one of those stat housings chap if your after one still to replace it...

Epic build, as said before its epic to see someone that gives a shit looking after this car!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(31-10-2012, 04:01 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Mmmmm shiny parts!

Where are you going to mount the ACT gauge? And what benefit will knowing the ACT be of to you? Got me curious...

I havent decided on where to mount it yet, and just to keep an eye on temps because there is a bit more to go wrong with a chargecooling system such as loosing water or pump stopping! and the main reason being the last time it was driven the chargecooler lost all its water which meant there was no cooling resulting in very hot charge temps which isnt good!!

(31-10-2012, 06:10 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Ive got one of those stat housings chap if your after one still to replace it...

Epic build, as said before its epic to see someone that gives a shit looking after this car!!

Thanks, but i have bought one already now.

And yeah its taking a lot of time to get bet to a good condition, but will be worth it when its done!
Thanks given by:
absolute STUNNING 306 dimma mate...love the colour too,gonna keep peaking at this thread.can't wait to see what it produces on the roller's.
Thanks given by:
Fooking love it !!!!!!! Hhhmmmnn may have a new favourite derv lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This thing is coming along well.

Its getting the love it needs and deserves

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
So hows this coming along then?
Thanks given by:
Not much has been happening lately, need to sort out some parts and waiting for some too, I also bought a discovery which I have been busy welding up as well as other jobs and uni etc, gonna start doing more work to it now though
Thanks given by:
Not much has been happening lately, but we are now trying to get the car done for the 11th August so there should be lots of updates to follow Smile
Thanks given by:
been looking forward to seeing this project back in action. Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2013, 10:47 AM)mr_fish Wrote: been looking forward to seeing this project back in action. Smile

Ditto!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Any reason for the date..? Happy to see it'll be coming together sooner rather than later regardless lol. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Will be nice to see this finished and have a nose around it at some point.
Thanks given by:
Been busy on the car all day today, had to move it from the workshop out to a mates house, got the rebuilt beam bolted up with solid mounts, vts torsion bars, hybrid arb, gaz shocks and braided hoses, just need to finish the metal brake pipes off and bolt calipers etc on

Got the vts steering rack bolted in, got coilovers near enough in, just need to tap a thread into one one of the holes on the top mounts.

I have someone fabricating the track rod lengtheners for me

I will upload some pictures tomorrow night as off to bed now, gotta be up early for fcs tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:
This is an absolute beauty! Love it!
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Ready to be moved:

[Image: null_zpsf44304c0.jpg]

Being moved:

[Image: null_zpse9123d3c.jpg]

Rear beam:

[Image: null_zpse3b5e9be.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsd01f9086.jpg]

Coilovers:

[Image: null_zps37f8947a.jpg]

[Image: null_zps47abbfea.jpg]

Steering rack in:

[Image: null_zps4ff76109.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have spent a lot of time during the week and this weekend getting on with the car.

The rear brakes are now sorted except the compensator mounting to the shock bolt as I manged to loose a clip!

The engine is now back in and runs, just needs rad plumbing in and boost pipes/charge cooler connecting up, then it can go back off to the bodyshop for the front end to be finished.

Here is a short video of it finally running again

[Image: th_2DF41B21-6BFC-4961-BB1A-68FB4A8EA6C2-...7045cd.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Dimma Coupé Pbalerado 9 3,909 07-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  Dimma 306 Cezeli 37 20,517 11-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  205 TT Dimma Daniel306 18 6,346 19-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Daniel306