Dimma 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dimma 306
Thought id throw up a few pictures of my Dimma 306 and the slight progress i have made with it. I had a few up in the welcome thread so here are some more.

The front of the car is properly widened with extended wishbones and driveshafts and its sitting on proper Peugeot Sport Suspension also. The engine is from a 2.0 XSI 16v (i think these engines came in the later 306's - its only got 70k on it, not bad for a 15 year old 306) and is std. It has the genuine Dimma Kit obviously finished in, afaik, Dandelion Yellow that could be found on the 406 Coupe back in the day. The car has recently had a full respray so its sitting like new. 17" Compomotives are specially designed for the car with an offset that means no stupid spacers are required.

Few little things that need tweaked are:
Lose the headlights and a set of new phase 1 lights + indicators (Got them not fitted yet)
Lose the tints from the rear quarters and back window - std ftw (done)
Different wheels - Something White, Something Motorsport
Interior is going to get the biggest overhaul - std seats in it at the moment although i hope to get the yellow and black leather seats that are meant to be in the car. However im finally going to get my Sparco Evo's into something!! Flock the dash and add a Sparco 3 flat suede wheel.
Add the Maxi roof spoiler - i know a few people wont like this but to me it will complete the Maxi look to the car i want - it will also make it less fat looking!!
Exhaust trim at the rear needs looked at
Need to fill that hole in the rear bumper - im sure there is something like this on a std rear bumper?
Engine wise - Probably a GTI-6 with TB's

[Image: 6146853707_afb7dc3459_b.jpg]

[Image: 6146853487_7eda0f456b_b.jpg]

[Image: 6146853889_2be028b8a8_b.jpg]

[Image: 6147402424_6155869d92_b.jpg]

[Image: 6146854109_a9fa2bbcdf_b.jpg]

Some rolling shots we got:

[Image: 8.jpg]

[Image: 9.jpg]

[Image: 10.jpg]

[Image: 11.jpg?t=1316710737]

[Image: 12.jpg]

[Image: 13.jpg]

[Image: 14.jpg]

[Image: 15.jpg]

As you can see the mounting point for the struts are modified properly to allow for the wider track... Smile

[Image: Collages.jpg]

It featured in Flush Bus magazine yeaaaaaaaaars ago!

The car has actually changed quite alot going by the spec list in the magazine. The car was originally painted Dakar Yellow with a pearl flip and had an 8v engine which was superchipped and had a gas flowed head - my car has a standard XSI 2.0 16v engine. It has the yellow and black leather seats in it too and the roof spoiler. Dash looks the same with the silver inserts and so on. It has a Scorpion Backbox on it also. The article is really shit though - i mean i could have written it when i was 18.

The biggest thing for me is the lights - i was always going to change back to standard but seeing it above means i will be wanting to do straight away - kinda embarrassed but i was actually coming round to the fancy angel eyes :confused: Seriously thinking of keeping the car Dandelion Yellow now but still going the absolute full hog with the Maxi look-a-like.

There you have it - another car i own on the front cover of a magazine - pity neither were down to any skill i have! lol

We took the rear quarter windows out and i wasnt a hundred percent sure about taking the tints off or maybe it would be more accurate to say i wasnt sure how good it would look with the std tint - instantly it looks a million times better in my opinion. That sticky stuff is a nightmare to clean off though!!

Before

[Image: 13.jpg]

[Image: 476561_355628241126598_121667012_o.jpg]

After

[Image: d1.jpg]

[Image: d3.jpg]

I think the lines of the car flow way better now.

Also the previous owner had a silver surround around the centre console - it looked grand but it had started to loosen. With the heatwave in late May it actually melted the glue/adhesive and was peeling off. It left the centre console a mess. They had also used Super glue which didnt help. So i knew Wayne had CF wrap so he got to work and did a sterling job on the Centre console and he also tackled the surround on the door handle too as it was painted silver to match the centre. Looks a million times better now - cheers dude, appreciate it!

[Image: d2.jpg]

Cheers for looking!
Thanks given by:
Drop it a bit I'd keep the Angels I know they're not original but I think they suit the dimma more. Keep everything else how it is though wouldnt change anything just the interior though. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I like the CF dash! I'm never 100% on dimmas, especially in yellow, but I really like this! Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks really good mate! Picture perfect!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet that does

Get them wheels done white!!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 07:52 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Drop it a bit I'd keep the Angels I know they're not original but I think they suit the dimma more.

I know it looks like it could do with a drop but its already low enough interms of its handling. Yes it would look better lower but im not going to mess with it. Im beginning to like the lights although im still going to change them as i have new indicators and main lights bought

(09-07-2012, 07:54 PM)Scott Wrote: I like the CF dash! I'm never 100% on dimmas, especially in yellow, but I really like this! Smile

(09-07-2012, 07:55 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Looks really good mate! Picture perfect!

Thanks gentlemen

(09-07-2012, 07:57 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Looks sweet that does

Get them wheels done white!!!

Nah im not doing anything to these wheels - when the car is getting its overhaul i'll be getting new wheels then
Thanks given by:
That'll be interesting...will you be getting some proper dimma wheels (or just ones with 0 offset, which I believe these are?) or will you be just getting some huuuuuge spacers?
Thanks given by:
I contacted a wheel company about doing proper offset wheels and they wouldnt do them for me to the offset i require 0 on the front and -48 (iirc) on the rear so spacers will be needed im afraid. TBH the car isnt going to be driven hard anyway as it will only be driven every once in a while. I dont want to damage it in anyway and after its overhaul which is going to be very costly i want to keep it perfect.
Thanks given by:
That makes sense. It's a shame to hear wheel manufacturers won't make them for you, but then again if they were custom they'd be extremely costly!
Thanks given by:
Yeah apparently when Compomotive made them back in the day they where like 3 grand! You wouldnt know it to look at them then never mind now.

When i take them off i'll get them cleaned up and probably sprayed again and keep them - maybe someone will want them at some stage.
Thanks given by:
Oh wow, and I thought Turinis were expensive lol

Out of interest where are you from? Smile
Thanks given by:
Northern Ireland Smile
Thanks given by:
Are these wheels original dimma wheels then or not? I thought the original dimma wheels filled the arches more. That's why I mentioned a bit more lowering.
Still not sure if i like dimmas or not they look a little wrong sort of.

But like scott says. Yours is very nice and a very good example. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks awesome! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate!

Out of curiosity, would morettes fit into this?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate. Good choice on changing the lights. OE would look much tidyer. As for the wheels i woulnt change the Dimma wheels for after market . But fair play its very smart. Hard to come across aswell. I love it Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 10:37 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Are these wheels original dimma wheels then or not? I thought the original dimma wheels filled the arches more. That's why I mentioned a bit more lowering.
Still not sure if i like dimmas or not they look a little wrong sort of.

Yeah they are original Dimma Wheels. The arches are exaggerated on the car meaning no matter how low i go there will always be an arch gap and i will always have people saying "Go a bit lower" so in my mind i think leaving it the way it was intended is the only thing to do Smile

(10-07-2012, 12:57 AM)declantg Wrote: Out of curiosity, would morettes fit into this?

They would but as good as they look, i prefer just the normal lights as it helps to break up the yellowness of it, plus Springs' car has them and its nice to leave it different.

(10-07-2012, 07:15 AM)puglove Wrote: As for the wheels i woulnt change the Dimma wheels for after market .

If i leave the wheels on then the rest of my plans go up in smoke as one modification is linked to the next. People mention dished wheels but that doesnt work for the motorsport look i want to do on the inside of the car. If i dont change the wheels I cant really follow that look 100% - i could still do it but again you'll hear someone say "Would look better with Motorsport wheels"

Im really after making this look like a 306 Maxi - like a test car or maybe a rallycar without the decals. Thinking of putting a cage in it and taking out the carpets also. I havent decided 100% yet.
Thanks given by:
Is this plated as a OE dimma or is it just a kit sonm one has put on? If it is OE i would just want to return it to factory spev. But i see what your talking about. Why not a full maxi rep then white with exact decal? Or are you no a fan of the decals?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Wow! this looks amazing. It almost looks like a radio control car in the photo with the tree in the background.
Thanks given by:
It hasnt the plate but we know its an original car - this was confirmed by Dimma - its No. 14. Im getting the plate ASAP

I dont want a full Maxi replica with decals as it screams too much of "look at me" when i just want to quietly whisper "look at me" lol
Thanks given by:
[Image: img_7301-jpg.33762]

[Image: omagh-20120816-00089-jpg.33765]

My suction mount used to take the below rolling shot which turned out awesome!

[Image: img_7347-jpg.33766]

[Image: img_7188-jpg.33767]

Location of the shoot was Gortin Glen Lakes with the Sperrin Hills as the back drop

[Image: IMG_9925.jpg]

My fav shot sitting very proudly on my desktop.

All the shots here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/thegingerda...123468390/
Thanks given by:
Mad looking car!! Never really seen or heard much about Dimma 306's before, only really hear about dimma 205's!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
I love this chap not really keen on the angles to be honest a set of started ones wood look soo much better Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Always did have a soft spot for Dimma's!
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
love dimma's needs a proper engine though
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2012, 11:22 PM)sam Wrote: I love this chap not really keen on the angles to be honest a set of started ones wood look soo much better Smile

I agree - tbh im just driving the car for the next 10 months and then im away to America. It'll be getting a full respray, GTI-6 with TB's + whatever else to get it to approx 200bhp, Flocked dash, Sparco Evo's, Sabelt Harnesses, Sparco steering wheel, Stack computer, some other nice bits, new lights will be put in, Maxi Evo1 roof spoiler (if i can source one) new wheels (18's possibly) and then the rear bumper recess will be modded to a standard american size - then the car will be imported to America.

I may leave the respray and bumper modifying until the car is shipped to the US. No point doing all that hard work for it to be bumped and scraped in transit. The car is going to be shipped in as a show/rare car and will only see the light of day every now and again.
Thanks given by:
Why ship the car? Epic road trip should be on the cards Tongue
Thanks given by:
Why ship it?? well i'll not be back to the UK - im sure it'll be shipped to the East coast - the drive to Nevada should be good! Tongue
Thanks given by:
lol Fair enough, that does sound pretty epic!

What shows is going to be in/ any idea what kind of cars you'll be alongside?
Thanks given by:
Well it will probably get taken to the Cars and Coffee Shows in Las Vegas (a few times) and Los Angeles (once a year) and depending on what else is on. I know there is/was a show where RS200's and other cool european stuff go to - so it would be nice to show it at that.

As for cars it'll be shown alongside - take your pick - if your not familiar with the Cars&Coffee setup - check it on Youtube Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.2 Dimma Hdi Jimmer021 354 115,015 30-01-2017, 07:06 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  306 Dimma Coupé Pbalerado 9 3,885 07-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  205 TT Dimma Daniel306 18 6,335 19-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Daniel306