306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 2.2 Dimma Hdi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Although progress will be slow to start with, I thought I would start a project thread so you can see the car and I can keep you all updated with anything that I do.

I picked the car up last weekend (19/2/12) from Andy on .net, For those of you which dont know the car the specs are as follows:

It originally started out as an S16 with a factory fitted steel Dimma kit, but is now far from standard!

The car has had an engine change to a 2.2 16v Hdi out of a 406, which is fitted with a Garrett GT2256V Turbo (VNT from BMW) mounted above the gearbox with a custom stainless steel manifold, BMW *30d fuel pump, hybrid injectors, full stainless steel exhaust, charge cooler, oil cooler, oil catch tank and has been mapped by Lars Lübker!!

Handling wise on the front it is running a wide track Dimma suspension setup lowered on apex springs and the rear torsion bar lowered, and has been fitted with 4 pot Brembo calipers on the front from a Boxster, using 406 V6 discs.

Wheels are the standard Dimma compomotives.

Inside it has a full S16 half leather interior, has been converted to phase 3 Hdi dials, the centre heater vents have been replaced with an oil pressure/temp gauge and a boost gauge and it is fitted with a momo steering wheel.

Some pics of the car how i bought it:

[Image: IMG_0032-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0033-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0034-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0035-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0038-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0037-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0036-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0039.jpg]

[Image: dimmaandstage2-2.jpg]

And a short video of what it sounds like

[Image: th_IMG_0043.jpg]

I bought the car as a project and plans so far are:
Give it a good service and some tlc
Repair the heaters as it was a rather cold 340 mile journey home in temperature around 0 degrees C!!!!
Sort out the bodywork which will probaly result in a full resray
Refurb the wheels
Sort out a few problems i have found
Tidy up a few things inside

So keep watching for progress Smile
Since getting the car home i have had a reasonable look over it, replaced the cam sensor plug as one of the wires broke off and changed the fuel filter.
Will be watching this. I really wanted to buy this car lol. Absolutely amazing!
Yay, someone bought it Smile... Will also be watching this one! One on my favourite 306's this!.... does sound poorly though Sad

How much did you pay if you don't mine me asking ?
Make sure you're a regular at our meets mate Smile be nice to see this in the flesh
I will come along as often as I can, depends if I can get the time off work, also the Dimma wont be about much until later on in the year, because the only way I can get insured is to swap it from my current hdi, which i dont want to do until i have got it to a point where i have got all the major things sorted and its ready to be used as a daily!
Yeah that's fair enough mate, come in either really (but the dimma is preferred Wink )
Hopefully i can bring it to the dyno when it happens as it would be good to see what it is producing, and i have already had my other hdi on a dyno so not fused about taking that one, i will just have to get my mum to drive haha, as she can get temp insurance on it.
love this car but didn't realise the condition of the paint and wheels etc. Hope it goes well :-P
Looks awesome mate! Absolutely love it! I think slightly lower, not too much, ad it will be just right!
Needs a lot of work, and as said above - sounds really poorly, but will be a lovely car once you've sorted it all out!

JP
buzzing that it's still in the country . . . . .looking forward to seeing it sorted out and used properly . .Smile . . .no offence Andy . .lol
Jimmer...where abouts in Taunton are you based?
I'm In holway mate
Haha played football there a few times! I live in north petherton! May have to come and see this one day!
gosh.. love it! Big Grin
Oh cool, not too far away then!! And your welcome to come and have a look Smile
Ah so you bought this! fair play to you... be interesting what respay you choose - the colour suits it!
Looks awesome.but cant help thinking going from s16 to a 2.2 dimma is the wrong way to go
O know you didnt have a choice in the matter an all

Will be nice to see how it goes
I'm off all this week so I will give you a pm and maybe sort something out!
4WayDiablo Wrote:Looks awesome.but cant help thinking going from s16 to a 2.2 dimma is the wrong way to go
O know you didnt have a choice in the matter an all

Will be nice to see how it goes

2.2 will a fairly big VNT... right way oneway! Big Grin lol
Lol id still have to disagree. Diesel rally cars? Nppe no siree
Still all the money on engine conversion coild have some very nice shineys on a perv engine
Diesels are horrible haha.
Foxy-jim Wrote:Diesels are horrible haha.
Well i wouldnt say that but definatly not in a rally derived car
I agree. It's all about high revs and a great exhaust sound!
Lol, hard to beat the exhaust sound of a 7krpm diesel at 60psi tho, imo anyways Smile

Turbos not that big 2256iirc
darrenjlobb Wrote:Lol, hard to beat the exhaust sound of a 7krpm diesel at 60psi tho, imo anyways Smile

Turbos not that big 2256iirc
Haha not heard one! Care to change my mind?
Any videos?
Videos NEVER work right in high blown diesels, they always seem to be to loud / dominating for any camera lol..hence always end up sounding shite, you really need to have a ride in a properly blown derv, it will change your view for sure....everyone just takes a ride in a stage 1 DT and says "oh thats shit"...yeh, thats because it is....
Will it be ready by the April meet?
What my car? No chance....and its gunna be a long time before my car is running that kinda power levels again....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12