Camber spacer rings ??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camber spacer rings ??
Hi Peeps,

Anyone know where you can buy camber spacer rings that can give you the camber anyone would require for the 306 at all, and also will this cheapy way work ?

I have had a good look but found nothing so far.
Thanks given by:
Spigot rings won't get you camber..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They will if they get machined at the right angle to give negative camber. I've seen so many cars with ridiculous camber on them, on all sorts of makes and models. So this makes me think they must be using some sort of spigot rings or similar. I know some cars can have camber easily via the way its made but some can't.
Thanks given by:
Wont spigot rings spin with the wheel? Basically giving you the most insanely buckled wheel of all time ever?

Just buy a ruined beam, enough people are throwing them out. And then some camber adjust top mounts.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The rings used to bring wheels out away from big brakes etc. Im talking more for the rear as well, a nice cheap mod to gain more camber.
Thanks given by:
^^^ yes. All you will achieve is horrendous wheel wobble. You need the mating face of the hub machined before te bearing is in. Or adjustable/eccentric topmounts

Oh if it's the rear wheel you will need the trailing arms machined down
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
You mean spacers. Spigot rings are for fitting wheels with a different size centre bore. They won't give camber on their own though. If you want camber you can buy adjustable top mounts for your front suspension, and machine the trailing arms for the rear beam.
Thanks given by:
There is also a chap on the 6 forum who sells machine hubs for £175 if you want them

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah sorry spacers, I was thinking with them the bolts wont sit flush.

So do you mean machine the centre where the stub shaft goes into then press a splined ring with its camber added or where the axle shaft goss in ?

If no ring then surely a bigger stub shaft is needed and sounds like a big cost to do that.
Thanks given by:
With spacers you would need longer bolts. You're looking at a couple of hundred to have the trailing arms machined for camber.
Thanks given by:
Yeah thought as much, I have long studs so that not a problem.

Ill check that out.

Anyone had their arms machined and if so surely itl need a jig of some sort ?
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 03:04 PM)Bender Wrote: Yeah sorry spacers, I was thinking with them the bolts wont sit flush.

So do you mean machine the centre where the stub shaft goes into then press a splined ring with its camber added or where the axle shaft goss in ?

If no ring then surely a bigger stub shaft is needed and sounds like a big cost to do that.

Stub shaft???

If you want to caber the rear wheels, you will need to get the arms machined where the wheel bearing goes into them. As scott correctly says, its costly.

For the front wheels, you can have machined hubs. The same principle, just on a hub rather than trailing arm. Or have camber adjustable, or eccentric topmounts. This moves the strut top in relation to where the strut meets the hub.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
yeah. huge effort and time to ruin the comfort, grip, tyre life and steering feel
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 03:11 PM)Bender Wrote: Yeah thought as much, I have long studs so that not a problem.

Ill check that out.

Anyone had their arms machined and if so surely itl need a jig of some sort ?

The machining company would deal with all of that.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
^ Better go tell peugeot sport they were completely wrong with the BTCC car then piggy
Thanks given by:
I think Piggy is more coming from the angle of having ridiculous camber that is popular on the stance scene as opposed to a couple of degrees for performance reasons Smile

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah fair enough grant..

Some cars are lucky enough to have fully adjustable camber from stock.. /shouldveboughtabmw ninja
Thanks given by:
Or just buy camber adjustable top mounts for a Peugeot for 1/100th of the price of a replacement part on the BMW

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If you can find camber adjustable top mounts for a 306 for 76p then fair enough
Thanks given by:
Challenge accepted! lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
lol! i don't mean pikey cutting stock ones either!! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I think what you were thinking of was camber shims, which is quite common in the VAG scene.
Thanks given by:
ive got an adjustable camber stub axle! it adjusts camber and toe depending which way its fitted
!
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 04:25 PM)Curt Wrote: I think what you were thinking of was camber shims, which is quite common in the VAG scene.

Yes thats it, but not for looks for performance, -2.5 max.

Im sure shims will be much cheaper to buy with the same sort of gain n quality.

Any pics or are you messing?
Thanks given by:
Argh. Shims won't work ffs, there's no such thing for the 306 rear beam. Or for the front hubs in fact.

The only way to safely add camber to the rear beam is to have the trailing arm machined at the stub axle. Basically, the hole the stub axle goes in is reworked so that when the stub axle is pressed in, it sits at an angle. The bearing then presses onto the stub axle.

For the front hubs, the shock pinch needs to be machined so the shock body sits in the hub at an angle.

If you try and fit any shim to the hubs or bearings you'll probably die when you drive it.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well there are a hell of a lot of cars out there with loads of camber, makes you think it works fine.
Thanks given by:
[Image: Jesus_facepalm.jpg]

Listen, shims will NOT work on a 306 rear beam due to the nature of the bearing and the stub axle. Shims ONLY work when a hub bolts onto the suspension as a complete unit, the shim sits between the hub and the suspension. On a rear beam, the bearing/hub are pressed onto a stub axle that fits into the trailing arm from behind.

Go ahead and fit shims if you want. I'll laugh at your epically wobbly wheels then.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Look I never said it would, im mearly pointing out how so many cars out there have loads of camber and want to know how and what they use, no need to be rude I do get it.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 06:47 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [Image: Jesus_facepalm.jpg]

Listen, shims will NOT work on a 306 rear beam due to the nature of the bearing and the stub axle. Shims ONLY work when a hub bolts onto the suspension as a complete unit, the shim sits between the hub and the suspension. On a rear beam, the bearing/hub are pressed onto a stub axle that fits into the trailing arm from behind.

Go ahead and fit shims if you want. I'll laugh at your epically wobbly wheels then.

This. Its all well and good saying that loads of cars can have extra camber but loads of cars dont have torsion bar rear suspension. Take advice from the people that know these cars inside out like everyone above.

Btw, there is a guy on the 6 forum who made an adaptor plate for his front ball joints to give extra camber and castor. Problem is, due to how big they have to be to fit, he ended up with something silly like 5 degrees of camber.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im only asking, I wont ever fit any and you cant buy them anyways for the 306. Im more intrigued about it all, I understand machining stub axle holes is the best way and top mounts for the struts etc.

Surely vag cars etc would still have issues with them, dont know if their suspension is independant like the 6 but surely it wont matter ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3mm spacer need longer bolts ? carlukepeugeot 0 974 22-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot
  Camber/axle swap panzer 2 914 17-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Stef205
  Negative Camber Snell 16 3,110 18-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Snell