Pressed Plates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pressed Plates
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2001/...561_en.pdf

2) A registration plate must not be treated in any other way which renders the characters
of the registration mark less easily distinguishable to the eye or which would prevent or impair
the making of a true photographic image of the plate through the medium of camera and film
or any other device.

it could be argued that a pressed plate casts a shadow and so which would prevent or impair
the making of a true photographic image of the plate through the medium of camera and film
Thanks given by:
however it also states on .gov that the lettering can be 3D. So its legal.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2013, 07:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i've had them for 3 years and never been questioned, both sets have been stolen off my car though.....last ones on Fri.....Sad

You might be a knock on the door soon...

Police officer...hello sir, can you tell me where you were last night as your car was used to break the law...
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2013, 08:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: however it also states on .gov that the lettering can be 3D. So its legal.

Exactly, pre 73 plates which would still need to be read by the cameras ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
(26-08-2013, 08:53 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(26-08-2013, 07:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i've had them for 3 years and never been questioned, both sets have been stolen off my car though.....last ones on Fri.....Sad

You might be a knock on the door soon...

Police officer...hello sir, can you tell me where you were last night as your car was used to break the law...

reported it straight away same as last time and they were used same day to steal fuel...i've had to buy a normal set as i'm on holiday now but i'll be getting some more pressed plates when i get back......ffs lol Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Never had any bother with the vans pressed plates, Been on 12 months or so and through an MOT aswell. Though mine are looking tatty these days Sad
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressed plates....Legality / Source question... darrenjlobb 52 13,441 25-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Tom
  Pressed Plates MiiTCH 14 2,236 10-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Last Post: kingy