Stage 3 XUD project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 3 XUD project
Thought i'd sling up some pics and spec of my 306, let me know what you think..

Spec is..

1.9 XUD turbocharged diesel engine
xantia inlet manifold
Big front mount intercooler with 2.5" polished alloy pipe
307 136bhp HDI 302mm big brake conversion
GTI6 Rear disc axle
HDI gearbox
Garrett T25 from a saab 9000
Manaual boost controller
11mm bosch pump with govner mod & Jp special ground LDA pin
FULL red and black leather seats
Ph3 front and back bumper with PH3 Boot
some kind of peugeot spoiler, it came on the boot!
xsi colour coded side skirts
Cd located lower down
Boost, oil temp & oil pressure gages in the centre where Cd player usually goes.
17" gloss black challenger alloys
60mm spax front springs on gti6 shocks
lowered 70mm rear
Straight through stainless steel powerflow exhaust
Black mask headlights
HDI clocks with leds changed to white, including the actual clock.

it made 144.9BHP on the rollers with its old T2 standard turbo & 27psi

pics!

[Image: 309579_10150507953455620_634480619_11324...8847_n.jpg]

[Image: 16e671ae.jpg]

[Image: 9e0ac3c6.jpg]

[Image: newsig.jpg]

[Image: 436cc298.jpg]

[Image: 7c19edf2.jpg]

Anyway..

At the moment i cant get it to boost over 16psi on the t25 as the inlet dosent tighten up in 2 places, as 2 threads in the head are missing! anyway, it's going to my mates garage on the 16th of this month to have my spare head swapped over, with a skim new MLS headgasket, head bolts, timing belt, waterpump, oil and filter and new glow plugs, along with a 13 row mocal oil cooler, and new inlet gasket again! this should get it boosting up nice then.

Plans after xmas are to get the whole car polybushed, full exterior respray in same colour, wheels refurbed, braided hoses all round, battery relocation, oil catch tank and washer bottle reinstalled where battery would normally be, 2.5" straight through stainless, and a few more bits and bobs along the way.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This had to be my favourite 306 Big Grin Really very jealous!
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:This had to be my favourite 306 Big Grin Really very jealous!

Really?!

J/k lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What revs where the peak bhp and torque at out of interest? Big Grin
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
5.2k peak bhp and peak torque at 4.6
Thanks given by:
that on the t2 turbo?
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
Thanks given by:
yeah
Thanks given by:
cool stuff..quite high peak torque for a t2 id of thought..when did it start to run out of puff at
Thanks given by:
i told him to take it to 5.2, but the gov mod helps with higher revs.
Thanks given by:
yea, i just didnt think the t2 would carry on some decent flow at like 5.2k O_o
Thanks given by:
oh they love it Smile T25 is a different story though, hit 3k and BOOM at like 5k and still pulling like crazy even at 16psi, it's just a different drive altogether.
Thanks given by:
oh yea..its just im suprised the t2 would still be good there...what psi what is roughly at..at 5.2k
Thanks given by:
around 25-26psi
Thanks given by:
oke dokey...i think my governer still cuts in earlier grr..
Thanks given by:
shim it some more, what turbo you got?
Thanks given by:
its a t2 thats been reamed..though im going td04L very soon!
Thanks given by:
ahh i would of gone td04 if i knew what was involved in fitting a t25, it's basically just the same!
Thanks given by:
yea, the td04 is probably the better turbo!

Did you put the whole t25 housing on it yea..
Thanks given by:
it is better, and yeah it's a full T25 turbo from a saab 9000, welded onto an XUD exhaust manifold, with a k14 exhaust elbow welded onto the t2, then a custom oil line made, T25 actuator repositioned, to allow a properly working actuator, with a slight bit of adjustment made to the oil return line.
Thanks given by:
I'm just gonna de-wastegate... :dance:
Thanks given by:
I wouldnt lol.
Thanks given by:
and why....
Thanks given by:
Tom slate ran his dewastegate the turbo lasted 2 months, he got another t25 and had it built up with uprated bearings and seals to cope with dewastegate.
Thanks given by:
I'm not exactly technically minded, but why would de-waste gating cause this?
Thanks given by:
Darren, ruan JP and a few more are all against running dewastegate for a daily kinda car, thats why i went through all the effort to have my actuator mounted up! you get more power by controlling boost with an actuator than just by fuel, you can run dewastegate and just turn the fuel down, but you need loads of fuel to make decent power, turning the fuel down to drop the boost levels so your turbo lasts will show crap power.
Thanks given by:
I thought the only thing wastegate would help really, is if it was surging like a mofo low down, and would therefore stop it reaching stupid psi. For example, im de-wastegate atm...seems fine Tongue If i control my foot alright low down, it boosts up fine, reaches 27psi, and sticks there. I just can't get my head around it lawl...i dont know why Tongue

Why would I have to drop the fuel down if i run dewastegate? I mean, my fuel is giving enough for 27psi, if i gated it at 27psi...its gonna have the same effect? Im wrong i guess lawl...just need you to explain it more teehee Tongue
Thanks given by:
The wastegate acts as a pressure relief, if none of the pressure is escaping it just starts to destroy the internals.
Thanks given by:
Love this car, If I didn't get a China, Would have been a Diablo with black wheels, It's just gorgeous Big Grin

Wish I could find someone to do my seats like yours are, they're fantastic
Thanks given by:
Thanks, i know it looks like a tear near the handle but its not, theres a screw missing that holds it up thats all lol.
Thanks given by:
I hadn't noticed it, But now I see it, I broke my drivers handl. It just rumbled in my hand Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project. mcglynn 139 67,947 31-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Allistairc123
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,752 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,954 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6