Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
(21-02-2014, 07:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(21-02-2014, 02:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: She has done 240k chris, give the poor girl a break!
I do, she hardly gets driven these days and certainly not hard as I cant afford for my 160k cam belt to let go as I've spent my money on a cam belt for the new engine, not this one.
Dum dum maths in a nutshell there lol

Suppose if it does go you'll have a reason for the new engine to go in.
Thanks given by:
There is no point fixing the issues on the current engine as it would put the timescale for the big engine back by months. Only gonna do maybe 200 miles before the new engine now.
Thanks given by:
Getting close then!
Thanks given by:
I want another bianca estate Sad miss my ood one ...will be awesome with the new engine
Thanks given by:
Oh, got some Continental Contact Sport 2s off ebay. £70 the pair delivered. 7-7.5mm of tread left so an utter f*cking bargain. Was desperate for them really, micrometer says 1.6mm exactly on the worst bit of the tyre.

[attachment=13748]
[attachment=13749]
Thanks given by:
Be interesting to see how good they are, always been a Michelin man personally :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Any pics of this work darling? Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I'm moving about between michelins, bridgestones, goodyears and continentals, whatever is a good buy at the time really. I wouldn't go back to cheaper stuff now as it all appears to have faster wear rates as a trade off to try and get the same grip.
Thanks given by:
I love how low it is haha, impractical, practical car ftw lmao
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Its going to be stupid with the splitter on. with the splitter on the floor I couldn't get my fat fingers between the splitter and the bumper. I'm laughing at the thought of it already Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 08:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Its going to be stupid with the splitter on. with the splitter on the floor I couldn't get my fat fingers between the splitter and the bumper. I'm laughing at the thought of it already Smile

you are going to cause some traffic jams with that thing haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2014, 08:43 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(22-02-2014, 08:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Its going to be stupid with the splitter on. with the splitter on the floor I couldn't get my fat fingers between the splitter and the bumper. I'm laughing at the thought of it already Smile

you are going to cause some traffic jams with that thing haha

Nah its just gonna get raped to f*ck, splitters and bumpers are expendable.
Thanks given by:
It sure looked funny!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Chris, do you know how high the top of the arch is off the floor?

The front of mine is 580mm and the rear 560mm. I do get a bit of rubbing but I think that's because of the osf damper being rubbish.
Thanks given by:
I'll look, only place mine rubs is on the lump in the chassis at the top of the back side of the front arches. I'll measure it soon.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 12:55 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Chris, do you know how high the top of the arch is off the floor?

The front of mine is 580mm and the rear 560mm. I do get a bit of rubbing but I think that's because of the osf damper being rubbish.

Mine is 540mm front and 525mm rear, I think its usually a little more level than that but I'm parked backwards and downhill onto a kerb (don't have to worry about hand brake then)

The rear never scrapes, even with the full 2.2 lump in there, my 35kg jack and some wheels in the boot so she was on the stops it didn't scrape. Rear arches have been rolled and there's no liners in there.

The front only catches the lumps in the back of each front arch under full compression at some steering angles and the same with the front arch lip however the front arches have been rolled and then pulled by a few mm (you wouldn't notice if I hadn't told you). Again, no liners.

I am tempted to crack the torsion bars round another notch when I put the 21mm bars back in as I'm only on 20mm GTi6 bars currently but I think I'd need to cut the bump stops for suspension travel.
Thanks given by:
Good deal on them tyres mate Smile

Think in 16's they over £400 Speechless
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Update update update!!!!!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, is the 2.2 running?
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 08:33 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Yeah, is the 2.2 running?

.....nope....
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Chris should be home soon ninja
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Well I was gonna wait till tomorrow but as im here....

[attachment=13977]
Thanks given by:
Sneaky...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
oooo...can I guess? lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wait is that Dums old 2.1? IN his new hdi?...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 09:51 PM)Tom Wrote: Wait is that Dums old 2.1? IN his new hdi?...

someone went to specsavers
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Shit, watch out guys. This car will literally be the fastest thing on the road now!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 09:57 PM)Niall Wrote: Shit, watch out guys. This car will literally be the fastest thing on the road now!

Hmm, but still not as fast as a 2.2 I'm guessing? Given the comparative lack of displacement... lol

Seriously though, should be good Chris! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well, compared to yours.......
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 09:52 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 09:51 PM)Tom Wrote: Wait is that Dums old 2.1? IN his new hdi?...

someone went to specsavers

Sorry im not as perfect as you Makeup
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness toseland 49 30,684 31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: toseland
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 353,436 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 157,358 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum