My 306 D TURBO Ph2 Blaze Yellow PROJECT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 306 D TURBO Ph2 Blaze Yellow PROJECT
Alright folks, new to this place in case u were wondering! I got myself a ph2 Blaze yellow D Turbo 2 months ago now. It was completely standard with a years m.o.t having passed with no advisories and a f/s/h @117k I have recipts for a 2nd hand engine,gearbox,timing belt etc at 90k miles for £1500 back in 2008 done at citoren edinburgh so its pretty fresh underneath also. The body work is pretty good for the age no rust or welding and the interior aswell... This is a small ongoing project of mine from standard to how am needing it to be.. Hopefully after i get the looks fully sorted ill get on to tuning the lucas pump and that to a stage 1 then see what happens with other stuff aswell...

Heres the car standard...well with flaps lol... and the car had 4 wheels in the back so it looks abit lower than standard!                    

I got a new rocker cover gasket, new filler pipe, drive shaft seals fitted and also put on a 2nd hand dturbo exhaust as the exhaust that came with it was from a 1.6 or some shit!! back pressure y lady garden!! haha. I also polished and valeted the whole car and got an official peugeot touch up pen for any small dents etc... not bad but not a 100% match due to the ageing of the sun slightly over its 14 1/2 years of life!!

I got a set of lasers (yes not cyclones for once!) for it but they were in some real need of tlc and refurbing... i ended up doing it myself with the aid of 14 hours, a wire brush attachment for a mini grinder, wonder wheels and 4 grades of wet and dry before etch primering them and spraying them gloss black and laquering them to f*ck!! They turned owt alright id say for a homer!!
after buffing and fillering    
after several grade of wet n dry    
after cleaning and zink primer (all round, both sides)    
The spray gun attachment for a can and the gloss layers    
again after glossing    

..........CONTINUES...............

and thats them laquered and done!         they were then polished ready to rock!
Next step was my evergreen lo-pro 45mm's going onto the rims... mental sticky tyres and mental grippy just abit f*cking noisy and they dont last long!
I then tinted the back lights and side repeaters pretty dark     (still quite visable lights tho)    
I got super white xeon main,beam and side bulbs....         ( old standard 1s were too dull)
iv recently also bought semi synthetic oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter all of which i have still to do haha.
Then i got the torshin bar lowered 90mm (2 clicks i think) sitts pretty sweet all round the arches well u can still get ur fingers up just in just!         Handles like f*ck now!
iv got 60mm front springs to go in... stil waiting for them to go in and also i was thinking of getting uprated shocks all round??
so thats all so far but heres the rest of my pics for now...

all comments or suggestions are greatly welcome and much apretiated thanks for looking.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Shes looking good mate, think it would look awesome with a GTi6 front bumper if you can find one.
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
As dum said! gti bumper would look win. Good lows all round IMO too Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 11:11 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Shes looking good mate, think it would look awesome with a GTi6 front bumper if you can find one.

cheers mate.. loving this site.. thats a good idea if i found 1 in blaze yellow that would definetly be worth it!

(16-07-2013, 11:19 AM)Matt Wrote: As dum said! gti bumper would look win. Good lows all round IMO too Smile

yeah i think uz are right... never really noticed before,the bumper does look too standard for the car, a gti 6 front bumper and a set of skirts would be handy. hard to get the skirts im finding tho... would rather get them both in blaze yellow so the ageing of the colour matches... thanks for looking bud
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club. Car looks good Smile

The best thing with stage 1 tuning is you'll most likely improve your economy after the tune as you'll gain more low-end torque. For that reason, I'd recommend getting it done as a priority! It also makes these cars a lot more fun Smile

Also, one of our regular members will just LOVE your number plate............ Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
clear headlights ftw.

like it though...not sure on rear lights...but do like it. nice job on the wheels

and need to get that monkey dong looking exhaust tip sorted!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haha well noticed ed

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Looking good mate, not to keen on the back lights though, have a look at mine if you like! Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
looking good . . .there's a reason people like cyclones though, Lasers are the heaviest wheel made for a 306, about 3kg a corner more . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
thanks for the feedback guys... i know the tinted backlights are a bit neddy, they even appear purpley kinda in colour on the pics but my phone sucks... they are solid black in person and i was just trying to keep a black and blaze yellow theme going on.... just to be abit different... i was even considering spraying the back and front pug badges black also?? i really do need to get the pump tweeked abit its no fun running standard! im onto that just know think iv found a boy whos willing to help me in my area... this website is truly excellent... should have got on here eairler.. a few of my pals have 306s also.. all from a small area hahah

(16-07-2013, 12:29 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: looking good . . .there's a reason people like cyclones though, Lasers are the heaviest wheel made for a 306, about 3kg a corner more . .lol

yeh i did reasearch them before hand and found that out... i just didnt think it would make that much difference?? does it ? i was just liking the look of the phase1 wheels aswell, i had a ph1 xsi 8v before, thats prob why i like them better....cyclones are still tidy.. i just wanted abit different 15s
cheers

(16-07-2013, 11:52 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Welcome to the club. Car looks good Smile

The best thing with stage 1 tuning is you'll most likely improve your economy after the tune as you'll gain more low-end torque. For that reason, I'd recommend getting it done as a priority! It also makes these cars a lot more fun Smile

Also, one of our regular members will just LOVE your number plate............ Tongue

thanks for the reply dude.... who would love my number plate? i got it on the car as it is... i think its the 1 peugeot put on from factory?? my old ph1 xsi had a 6 digit plate also standard..
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 12:39 PM)D Turbo Lyle Wrote: thanks for the feedback guys... i know the tinted backlights are a bit neddy, they even appear purpley kinda in colour on the pics but my phone sucks... they are solid black in person and i was just trying to keep a black and blaze yellow theme going on.... just to be abit different... i was even considering spraying the back and front pug badges black also?? i really do need to get the pump tweeked abit its no fun running standard! im onto that just know think iv found a boy whos willing to help me in my area... this website is truly excellent... should have got on here eairler.. a few of my pals have 306s also.. all from a small area hahah

(16-07-2013, 12:29 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: looking good . . .there's a reason people like cyclones though, Lasers are the heaviest wheel made for a 306, about 3kg a corner more . .lol

yeh i did reasearch them before hand and found that out... i just didnt think it would make that much difference?? does it ? i was just liking the look of the phase1 wheels aswell, i had a ph1 xsi 8v before, thats prob why i like them better....cyclones are still tidy.. i just wanted abit different 15s
cheers

(16-07-2013, 11:52 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Welcome to the club. Car looks good Smile

thanks for the reply dude.... who would love my number plate? i got it on the car as it is... i think its the 1 peugeot put on from factory?? my old ph1 xsi had a 6 digit plate also standard..

yeah i quite like the look of the lasers, cyclones are a phase 1 wheel as well though fyi . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
re: weight. it makes a big difference.

12kg on the overall weight of the car wouldnt make all that difference, but we are talking about UNsprung weight.

get a lazer alloy and lift it up and down with one arm for a few seconds...then get a nice C5lightweight (4.5kg) and do the same....

then you will realise how much work your suspension has to do with the extra weight.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 01:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: re: weight. it makes a big difference.

12kg on the overall weight of the car wouldnt make all that difference, but we are talking about UNsprung weight.

get a lazer alloy and lift it up and down with one arm for a few seconds...then get a nice C5lightweight (4.5kg) and do the same....

then you will realise how much work your suspension has to do with the extra weight.

yeah thats a good way to put it pig!! i fully understand the concept now!! i wouldnt mind a set of zx volcanes they look sweet on a 30 when its slammed!!!
Thanks given by:
eek no! Puke
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
was just after a bit of info.... is it worth me keeping my lucas pump? or should i just get a bosch one before i get it screwed?? thanks

(16-07-2013, 02:18 PM)Piggy Wrote: eek no! Puke

marmite!!
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 02:32 PM)D Turbo Lyle Wrote: was just after a bit of info.... is it worth me keeping my lucas pump? or should i just get a bosch one before i get it screwed?? thanks

marmite!!

Depends on how far you want to take the tuning, lucas is okay for anything around 110-125bhp depending on how well its setup, with bosch you have far more control and potential for a lot more power, the best thing i ever did to mine! Smile
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 02:40 PM)Mitch Wrote:
(16-07-2013, 02:32 PM)D Turbo Lyle Wrote: was just after a bit of info.... is it worth me keeping my lucas pump? or should i just get a bosch one before i get it screwed?? thanks

marmite!!

Depends on how far you want to take the tuning, lucas is okay for anything around 110-125bhp depending on how well its setup, with bosch you have far more control and potential for a lot more power, the best thing i ever did to mine! Smile

hmm well its not like you have to pay to get the pump tuned so i might just tune the lucas to 115-120 then after i get bored i could just go for the bosch set up.. im just eager to get the thing up and coaling to f*ck!! haha was considering a pannel filter aswell... some1 sed they make the odds .....??? im not sure what turbo im on either... any ideas with mine being a ph2 99 reg??
cheers bud
Thanks given by:
Theres no harm in tuning the lucas, as you said its free at the end of the day, personally i wouldnt bother with a panel filter, in my experience the standard air box seems to get full of crap and let water inside easily, id just get a open cone filter and locate it somewhere cool, like behind the passenger headlight if you dont have abs, but i imagine you will have on a t reg, turbo could be anything, ive seen ko3, gt15's and t2's on t reg 306's so couldnt really say!
Thanks given by:
Only problem is you talk of tuning the Lucas and then switching to Bosch.. you'd then have to do all the tuning again. And FYI.. coal is good IF you have a turbo to clean it up on boost.

Permanent coal just looks silly.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There is that, when i put the bosch on my car, boost when back down to 14 psi and it was well..rather slow? a lot less hassle to adjust the bosch though, so not to much of an issue, if you plan on keeping the car id just find yourself a bosch and get it fitted
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:28 PM)Mitch Wrote: There is that, when i put the bosch on my car, boost when back down to 14 psi and it was well..rather slow? a lot less hassle to adjust the bosch though, so not to much of an issue, if you plan on keeping the car id just find yourself a bosch and get it fitted

hmm good points u boys got there... some1 on this owners club has offered to tune my lucas set up for me.. samass or somethink from up my way... i think ill just go for the lucas for the time being as its just eaiser for the now... yeah i like the smokey d turbos but too much is a bit pointless.. a mix of both is cool tho.
Thanks given by:
tom has a bosch setup for sale!

sam could fit and tune it for you there!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
yeah hopefully a bosch conversion is on the books.... shitty lucas!! bosch ftw!! #gotta pull the finger oot! haha
Thanks given by:
Just a quick question for what i was goin to do next aesthetically.. black front and back peugeot badges and an ph1 ecosse spoiler (boot window 1) or not? just wanted some feed back!! cheers all!
Thanks given by:
UPDATED 11/05/2014

Hey people haven't updated much on here for a while but i have done a few small things to the motor over the last 6 months and the engine is still completely standard and untouched. Its done 130k f/s/h and has just passed its 2nd m.o.t with me with 2 advisories over the both of them!! Its still on a lucas haha but im away to screw it out next weekend myself after i get the t-piece for my boost gauge here and fitted. Heres a list of all that iv done to date that i can remember and pictures aswell!! enjoyItwasntme

*4 New tires 2 kuhmos on the front and 2 evergreens all 45mm low pros (sooft)
*Refurbed by myself last year lazers in black
*Jamex D-turbo springs 60mm ( maybe need to get the grinder out!!?? )
*Uprated shocks all round
*Torchin bar lowered 100-110mm (ish)
*ph3 HDI sideskirts resprayed by me haha came with crack in Censored for £45 too!
*ph3 parcel shelf and speakers,
*Resprayed matt black spoiler and front badge
*Blacked out rear lights,indicators (need to get them smoked front 1s u get too
*205 1.9 GTi custom full exhaust need to fit my decat section tho! 1yrs mot now
*mk1 renalt scenic splitter and 2 rear headrests missing b4 from scrapy all for 10er
!!PICTURES!!
[attachment=16123][attachment=16122]
[attachment=16124][attachment=16125]
[attachment=16126][attachment=16127]
** And here's how she sits today!! Inlove
[attachment=16128][attachment=16129]
[attachment=16130][attachment=16131]

To Do Next: screwed out to 17,18psi, Custom air intake, New radiator,
custom focus rs FMC, Them smoked front lights u get and then maybe a gti6 front bumper if i can find one in blaze that is! Then ill see from there
Thanks given by:
MORE PICS
[attachment=16132][attachment=16133]
[attachment=16134]

MORE PICS
[attachment=16136][attachment=16137]
[attachment=16138][attachment=16139]
Thanks given by:
Looks well!

Front needs coilovers to match the rear & you should cut and weld the exhaust so the tip protrudes a little less. Would look spot on then
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2014, 12:42 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Looks well!

Front needs coilovers to match the rear & you should cut and weld the exhaust so the tip protrudes a little less. Would look spot on then

thanks budd... yeh i couldnt agree more about needing coil overs on the front. Im gettin some asap or atleast choppin a coil off the 60mm d-turbo springs that are in for now..?? Im gonna get around to fiddling with the exhaust it was done in abit of a hurry Itwasntme
should look pretty epic when theirs coal pouring out the LUMM of an exhaust when its roaring next week 8D hehe
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't go cutting springs matey. I done it on my last car and that ended up in a heap.

Wasnt directly the springs fault as I fell asleep. Had they not been cut the car would have reacted a lot better when I woke up though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,309 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,398 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,767 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01