Wishbone Bushes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wishbone Bushes
Hi all, So I've got a knocking from the passenger side front wheel area, it bangs when hitting a pot-hole or under sharp braking and also the car shakes side-to-side under heavy load.

I'm guessing by doing some research on here that it's most likely p bushes? Would it be worth replacing the wishbone as a whole or will some new bushes be adequate for now?

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
May as well do the whole wishbone. If the bushes have worn to the point that they are that bad, the chances are the rest are just as old. For what it costs do the lot Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
new bushes will be fine, it's a ballache changing them imo though, so be warned . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I would check ARB links first.

but likely that p bushes are worn...even genuine ones are worn after a year!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks chaps, think i'll do what Grant says and renew both sides, may as well for the cost.
I'll check the ARB links while im there, thanks Piggy.
Thanks given by:
Really need to write my pbush guide, as it really isn't that bad of a job
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 01:53 PM)Connor Wrote: Really need to write my pbush guide, as it really isn't that bad of a job

Yes please! Big Grin if it's not too awkward i'll attempt it myself
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2013, 01:53 PM)Connor Wrote: Really need to write my pbush guide, as it really isn't that bad of a job

yeah i'd like to read that as i had a right bastard getting them on and off, had to use a press . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Stop talking about it and do it already then! Wink

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I will, but I can't do it until pellow sorts me out some internetz, as I sure as well won't be doing it on my phone lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
I've never had problems with wishbone bushes. It was flagged up a couple of MOTs back but haven't heard anything since. Never experienced any unusual handling either. Really weird for an item that is supposed to wear out so quickly.
Thanks given by:
Oh you wait.

Your time will come

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
have a good look under and get a lever in there Puggy...you'll see.

then you change them and wonder how you ever managed to get round a corner before!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I tried that awhile ago and couldn't feel any movement. But I can see cracks in the rubber, but they still seem to work ok. Maybe lowering reduces the effects?
Thanks given by:
Yeah the more you lower it, the longer they'll last, don't worry about them
Thanks given by:
Grabbed a picture of my P bush. Is that okay?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Thats not too bad tbh. I bet with them stress marks, its a lot softer than new but it isnt too bad. Ive seen them where there is barely any rubber left!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2013, 06:30 PM)Connor Wrote: Yeah the more you lower it, the longer they'll last, don't worry about them

lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Powerflex Front Wishbone Bushes gti6man 2 2,104 16-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: miles
  Wishbone bushes mattbarker32 0 932 04-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: mattbarker32
  Powerflex wishbone bushes...Email from Powerflex! Piggy 87 20,998 05-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Last Post: pug306driver