306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wishbone Bushes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, So I've got a knocking from the passenger side front wheel area, it bangs when hitting a pot-hole or under sharp braking and also the car shakes side-to-side under heavy load.

I'm guessing by doing some research on here that it's most likely p bushes? Would it be worth replacing the wishbone as a whole or will some new bushes be adequate for now?

Thanks Smile
May as well do the whole wishbone. If the bushes have worn to the point that they are that bad, the chances are the rest are just as old. For what it costs do the lot Smile
new bushes will be fine, it's a ballache changing them imo though, so be warned . .Smile
I would check ARB links first.

but likely that p bushes are worn...even genuine ones are worn after a year!
Thanks chaps, think i'll do what Grant says and renew both sides, may as well for the cost.
I'll check the ARB links while im there, thanks Piggy.
Really need to write my pbush guide, as it really isn't that bad of a job
(04-07-2013, 01:53 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Really need to write my pbush guide, as it really isn't that bad of a job

Yes please! Big Grin if it's not too awkward i'll attempt it myself
(04-07-2013, 01:53 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Really need to write my pbush guide, as it really isn't that bad of a job

yeah i'd like to read that as i had a right bastard getting them on and off, had to use a press . . .Smile

Stop talking about it and do it already then! Wink
I will, but I can't do it until pellow sorts me out some internetz, as I sure as well won't be doing it on my phone lol
I've never had problems with wishbone bushes. It was flagged up a couple of MOTs back but haven't heard anything since. Never experienced any unusual handling either. Really weird for an item that is supposed to wear out so quickly.
Oh you wait.

Your time will come
have a good look under and get a lever in there Puggy...you'll see.

then you change them and wonder how you ever managed to get round a corner before!
I tried that awhile ago and couldn't feel any movement. But I can see cracks in the rubber, but they still seem to work ok. Maybe lowering reduces the effects?
Yeah the more you lower it, the longer they'll last, don't worry about them
Grabbed a picture of my P bush. Is that okay?
Thats not too bad tbh. I bet with them stress marks, its a lot softer than new but it isnt too bad. Ive seen them where there is barely any rubber left!
(05-07-2013, 06:30 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the more you lower it, the longer they'll last, don't worry about them

lmao