Heater blower problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater blower problems
Since I've had the car the heater blower won't work on all the speeds. Only 1st and 2nd speed. On the other it just turns off!

Any ideas please guys?
It's a ph2 without air con. If that helps?
Thanks given by:
Resistor pack under the scuttle panel. I think they go for about £30 new.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks.

Your becoming quite helpful lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah, be one of the resistors in the pack, they are repairable if you're handy with some silver solder.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Would this explain why my heaters do as they please? It could be a broken wire causing them to change speed at their own will but if I sit parked up they change too. Have changed the control panel but the problem is still there.
Thanks given by:
Also will my car have a pollen filter?
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 02:35 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Would this explain why my heaters do as they please? It could be a broken wire causing them to change speed at their own will but if I sit parked up they change too. Have changed the control panel but the problem is still there.

No. Take the interior light cover down and the little fan unit with two tiny torx screws with a orange wire, i bet this will be covered with fluff. Give it a good clean but be careful of the thermistor as they can be delicate.

(14-06-2013, 04:52 PM)Jimmy306 Wrote: Also will my car have a pollen filter?

No UK 306 model had a pollen filter. And what do you mean becoming helpful? Im always helpful lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yes but I'm new to the site so have only just realised lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heater blower issues Dturbo john 5 2,688 13-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Heater Blower Issues MY95 7 3,313 06-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Heater blower problem Pingaz 7 2,309 04-06-2016, 01:19 PM