bloody old drivers!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bloody old drivers!!!
so was going to meet a buyer after work today for my hdi, all is well car slicked etc. About 15 mins before I finish work a customer comes in and said to me "anybody in here own a wee blue car because and old woman has reversed into it and drove off". I knew straight away it was mine, so I went out and ofc she had reversed into me and scuffed the front bumper Sad

Fml Fml Fml
he got her reg number though so we will see, just means the buyer may no longer be interested

old people really need to be made do a suitable retest!

/ rant
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
unlucky dude, talk about bad timing.

at least its a bumper, not an irreplaceable panel
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Its really quite worrying that she probably didnt drive off because she didnt want to pay out for the repair but drove off because she didnt even realise she had done it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Very true niall, even if I got a few quid to fix it, bumper is cracked and paint flaked off etc. Maybe selling it wasnt meant to happen lol. Nah who am I kidding I want my new one!
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 03:36 PM)rd070707 Wrote: Very true niall, even if I got a few quid to fix it, bumper is cracked and paint flaked off etc. Maybe selling it wasnt meant to happen lol. Nah who am I kidding I want my new one!

Dont mean to worry you but i had a similar thing. Guy reversed into my car. Cracked the bumper (2" split), scratched a bit of paint and put a tiny dent in the wing. Insurance company tried to write the car off. It was only because i argued it was not my fault that they got it repaired!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nah It won't go through the insurance, had enough incidents as a 20 y/o Lmao.

But yeah pity it may ruin the sale
Thanks given by:
Shame some people do this... As Niall said, she may not even realise she had done it!!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Turns out she was very elderly and claimed she didn't realise as she drives a big jeep.

Hopefully get it put right or sold as is , really had my heart set on this going and being replaced with a better 306 but will have to wait now
Thanks given by:
So is she paying for the repair?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah mate, don't know what way to go about it, almost feel bad taking to much, but has to be done
Thanks given by:
A few weeks ago a guy in his 80's at least pulled out on me on a NSL road when I was doing 55-60. Booted the brakes, had a bit of a weavy slide with tyres screaming but managed to not smash into him, blared the horn at him and I thought he was ignoring me, then when I saw him chatting to his wife at the lights, I realised...

He never even noticed.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Lol kinda amusing but at the same time bloody scary!
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 07:09 PM)rd070707 Wrote: Lol kinda amusing but at the same time bloody scary!

You're telling me mate, my arsehole nearly ate the seat!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
And people say young drivers are bad, the problem of old drivers and their bumper cars is always overlooked
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 07:01 PM)rd070707 Wrote: Yeah mate, don't know what way to go about it, almost feel bad taking to much, but has to be done

Obviously don't go all guns blazing, there's no need for that. But it needs to be paid for and being old isn't an excuse
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't want to take advantage at all cause at the end of the day its a cheap car and the damage isn't massive
Thanks given by:
It doesn't matter how cheap the car is, the Bumper was in good condition before it was knocked.
At the end of the day, she is liable for the damage caused, no matter how old she is.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I think they should have to retake there test when they are 60 or something. Or shouldn't be allowed on the road if they can't see properly
Thanks given by:
Personally, i think there should be a compulsory retest every 5 years or so, no matter what age. Would weed out a lot of atrocious drivers, not just the old ones!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Once they reach a certain age they have to reapply for there license every year. I once had an elderly bloke ask me if I could fill his reapplication form as he couldn't see very well......
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I would pay good money to see some of these older drivers do a parallel park etc without f*cking it up I would like to see them do emergency stops etc without dislocating there hips, some old people can barely move and are trusted to use and operate a car Undecided they are also very hesitant can't judge speed and gaps which really fucks me off as they hold up the flow of traffic etc etc age of 65 needs a compulsory retest !!!! But the government won't do it you think how much tax and insurance and repair and maintenance bills they would lose old drivers are a massive income for this country so we have to put up with them on the road
Thanks given by:
I shopped someone in 2 weeks ago for bumping into a BMW in a carpark and promptly doing one. Snapped them on my phone and left a message for the owner, who was chuffed but peeved all at the same time.

Some people have no respect for others' property.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's only bloody Friday!!!! Dum-Dum 22 4,117 27-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Last Post: cully
  Bloody bodgers lolsteve 13 2,273 19-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: C.A.R.
  bloody sods law! procta 5 1,376 13-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard