bloody sods law!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bloody sods law!
I found out why the egg beater broke down, this little bastard had tripped due to the speed bump and jammed the bastard off!
I only found that out by mistake!
f*cking 100 quid plus on parts I don't need, all down to this £8 quid unit!
[Image: 2014-09-13153453_zpsa78074af.jpg]
has this happened to you? something you thought had packed up and it turns out to be something daft.
Thanks given by:
lmao

Always start with the basics! It saves money!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oops haha! lol

It may not be the switch itself at fault (cant see how it could 'break' anyway) but the plugs for the inertia switch (on the 306 at least) seem to come loose over time, so most are cable tied together now. So might be worth sticking a tie round yours.
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 06:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Oops haha! lol

It may not be the switch itself at fault (cant see how it could 'break' anyway) but the plugs for the inertia switch (on the 306 at least) seem to come loose over time, so most are cable tied together now. So might be worth sticking a tie round yours.

The switches have a ball bearing which shorts two pins and drops in an impact breaking the link. If they get water in they can rust up and stick.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 06:08 PM)Niall Wrote: lmao

Always start with the basics! It saves money!

I checked this thing 1st, when I pulled over, jammed when it tripped by the looks of it.

(13-09-2014, 06:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Oops haha! lol

I have done this time, tied the bastard up so it wont happen again, but got hold of a replacement in case it decides to do it again.
got to laugh as its the only thing you can do!
Thanks given by:
When I was an apprentice the bloke who trained me used to sneak out for a fag and go disable certain things on my car so it wouldnt start and said I couldnt go home till it was fixed. He tripped my one on my 106. Theyre buggers ive had them go wrong before. You can just bypass them
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's only bloody Friday!!!! Dum-Dum 22 4,057 27-09-2014, 07:35 AM
Last Post: cully
  Bloody bodgers lolsteve 13 2,227 19-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: C.A.R.
  sods law! procta 17 1,930 03-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam