HTC Sense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HTC Sense
Ok i know a lot of you on here are android bumboys so might be able to help me!

Got a HTC One today after my iphone got run over on monday (and surprisingly survived but was doing weird things!). Was going to get a iphone 5 but there crap!
Anyway, ive had it a few hours and ive already got the hump with it. I went through the set up process, put in all my account details blah blah blah and the first thing i get? "Authorisation Problem - Tap to retry". Every time you tap it, it flashes up facebook for less than a second and then goes back to the same error. After a bit of digging, it turns out this is to allow android to access facebook for blink feed but it just wont do it! Any help before i throw this shit out of the window?

On a side note, 4G is win!

Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Have you setup Facebook to prevent access from apps other than the iPhone Facebook app? Check in your account/privacy/security settings on Facebook to see if anything on there is preventing you from logging in.
Thanks given by:
Good idea! But its not that Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I have just got this phone about a week ago but i dont have facebook nor have i had android before so you probably know ore than me lol
Thanks given by:
So there's definitely nothing in FB app settings about enabling HTC Sense?

Have you tried logging in to the FB app from the market, and then tried logging in to it via Sense? Disable FB in Accounts and Sync settings (or even remove it) and then try again.
Thanks given by:
tried that. Still nothing.
There is no setting in FB or under accounts to enable HTC sense.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(10-04-2013, 06:05 PM)Niall Wrote: tried that. Still nothing.

This happened to me, but it just fixed itself after I turned it off and on again
Thanks given by:
nope that hasnt solved it Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(10-04-2013, 06:05 PM)Niall Wrote: tried that. Still nothing.
The setting on Facebook will be under the 'Application Settings' menu:

Could you log in using the FB app?

Under accounts and sync on your phone remove the FB account and then try setting it up again.
Thanks given by:
Yep done all of that unfortunately. Just uninstalled and reinstalled it as well and no difference however i have just found a update for facebook so this may work lol

didnt work Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
if my mate with one comes round mine tonight il have a look at his and see how his is set up. for now try this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=2218545
Thanks given by:
Read that. I've also bee in touch with htc tech over the past few days and they don't know what it is either
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ok il try get alook at my mates tonight an report back
Thanks given by:
Not the most helpful post but I nicked mazzs one last night, her Facebook works on blink feed as well as all the other stuff. I actually like it! Which surprises me as it was the thing that pissed me off the most about the new sense when I played with it in the shop. Hope you get it working mate!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 10:36 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Not the most helpful post but I nicked mazzs one last night, her Facebook works on blink feed as well as all the other stuff. I actually like it! Which surprises me as it was the thing that pissed me off the most about the new sense when I played with it in the shop. Hope you get it working mate!

She's lucky. From reading around, loads of people are having the same annoying issue and htc don't have a clue what it is so I don't hold out much hope lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Interesting.. Doesn't bode well. That's definitely something I'll be making sure works before leaving the shop next week!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
id be tempted to do a complete factory reset through recovery and starting from scratch again and see if that does anything, but your have to set your phone up from square one again
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 11:31 AM)mjcook1984 Wrote: id be tempted to do a complete factory reset through recovery and starting from scratch again and see if that does anything, but your have to set your phone up from square one again

Way ahead of you mate. Still nothing!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Should have bought an iPhone...?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Niall there is another factory reset from recovery mode. You usually go into recovery by turning the phone off, then holding power down with the volume down button
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 12:41 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Should have bought an iPhone...?

Wish I had tbh. Don't know what all the hype is with htcs. My old 4s was faster and easier to use and that was a year old!

Scott I've done that. The woman at htc sent me instructions on how to do it
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall I would have had a 5, sold it and buy a cheaper 4s Smile

Thanks given by:
Nah I'm gunna hold out for the 6 and then the htc is getting traded in

It's a really nice phone and much better than previous htcs I've used but its not as good as a iPhone. Only thing it does that my 4s didn't was 4g Internet.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
When is the 6 out?

Thanks given by:
September-October this year apparently.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I've got nothing I'm afraid. Shame you can't try someone else's to see it you can sign in on theirs. Might be a faulty phone software side.
Thanks given by:
when you did the set up did you select auto sync?? if so do it again and select manual sync so the phone isn't trying to constantly sync FB,TWATTER-etc,you just put on what you want.hope it works pal,Don't get mad HTC's best phones ive had,especially when ROOTED ;-)
Thanks given by:
I got a sledgehammer if you want it nial

Sent from my ifail that does what I tell it to

Lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well more of an update on this.

I had a generic email from HTC today admitting they are having an issue with the phones software but are yet to find a cure. It doesnt bother me anymore now ive got used to the fault message being there but what does bother me is a issue that started last night. Touch screen keeps on stopping responding and it seems to be a problem with the screen its self and not a software issue because if you clean the screen, it will work but you could type one word and then it will stop again. It also does things all by its self (sorry if people have had texts from me today talking crap! lol)
I dont know if i just have a duff phone or if thats a problem with the design. Ive phoned around loads of EE stores and no one has any in stock but my local one will reserve me one for replacement on wednesday when they get a delivery.
So far, im not too impressed with HTCs lack of customer care but then again, i cant be too angry as its a risk you take getting a new phone so soon after release before the problems have been found!

If anyones thinking of getting a One though, i will say the build quality is substantially better than the One X and very very good. The sound quality from the dual front facing speakers is shockingly good and its nice to use (when it works) but i will definitely be going back to Iphone when the new ones out.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
...should have bought an iPhone...

#badgerbaiter

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Makes no sense! Nathan1305 83 13,674 19-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Sian
  Can someone make sense of this? callumcull 16 6,235 09-07-2013, 06:02 AM
Last Post: callumcull
  some insurance quotes - no sense what so ever!! kernow_joe 2 1,162 17-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Last Post: RePT